Butch Hartman hints new Danny Phantom movie on the way

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by alfa9delta, May 3, 2013.

1. alfa9delta

alfa9delta Hey, Where's Perry ?

Hey guys,
    Butch Hartman - Fairly OddParents, T.U.F.F. Puppy and Danny Phantom's creator - has been tweeting some stuff that hints a possible Danny Phantom come-back.

When asked "Is there any chance of Danny Phantom coming back? I am a huge fan and I know I speak for a lot of people!", Hartman answered:

[​IMG]

Plus, minutes after that, he tweeted THIS:

[​IMG]

Links: https://twitter.com/realhartman/status/330363570414039041
    https://twitter.com/realhartman/status/330363791541932035

So, what you guys think. Is there a live-action Danny Phantom movie on the way?
    Is this even a good idea? Comment!

2. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

If so, that would be epic! I wasn't that interested in Danny Phantom when it was still on, but I'm for this idea. (Hopefully it won't become something like what everyone said the third season was.)

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

A new Danny Phantom movie would be pretty cool. I'd prefer an animated movie over live-action, but it would be interesting to see how the effects and ghost powers would look in live action form. I liked the series for the most part, so seeing Danny Phantom again would be nice.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Well, if they can make a live-action film for Odd Parents, then I guess a Danny Phantom film shouldn't be too hard.

5. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

I'm excited for the possibility, but I'm not sure Nick will give this movie a big enough budget to do proper effects for the ghosts and Danny.

6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I always liked the idea of a live action Danny Phantom movie. I mean the franchise has elements of Spider-Man and Ghostbusters, so I feel it'll make a decent flick. If it's going to be live action, I hope it'll be theatrical kind with a decent budget to pull off those ghost effects. I don't know if a TV budget could pull of that sort of thing, I mean it's possible. A lot of that looks like it could be done with a green screen and some Adobe After Effects....

If it's animated, that'll be awesome too.....kinda. I mean, Danny Phantom isn't really that great without Steve Marmel on board. Anything made now will just be season 3 level quality.

7. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

I have the same fear. Despite that, the fact that Hartman even teased of a possible Danny Phantom resurrection (if not potentially temporarily) is something I never thought would happen.

8. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

Hartman likes to hop on his twitter and tweet things that he know will draw attention to him, especially if he happens to be having a new season of one of his products premiering the next day.

Until I see a Nickelodeon press report, I wouldn't interpret it as anything other than smoke blowing.

9. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

How about a T.U.F.F Puppy movie as well?

10. alfa9delta

If this movie really comes to happen I think it'd be interesting if it was some kind of reboot of the show - like they did with Spiderman in the cinema - focusing on Danny becoming a ghost-boy. The series was pretty much closed, I don't think any good additional plot would work other than that...

11. Toons4ever

Toons4ever Member

I am all for a Danny Phantom movie, but I'm hoping it won't be live action. That didn't really work for fop and I doubt dp would work out much better.

12. The Talon

The Talon New Member

He means tv movie right? I can't imagine he'd somehow convince Paramount to invest a multi-million dollar budget into a Danny Phantom movie.
    I liked Danny Phantom, but I always felt it would be better if it was a little more serious. And I never liked the whole "oh, they're not really ghosts, they're just monsters from other worlds called ghosts" thing.

13. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

I don't have much hope about it being any good after Phantom Planet

14. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Active Member

Or maybe it could be a reunion movie, set a couple of years after college graduation for example.

15. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

But who is reuniting? I think they would all stay together, and if it's changed so that they had some argue meant so they aren't speaking anymore then that would be lame.

While story possibilities are not as plentiful, one thing they could do after Phantom Planet is to go the Ben 10 way and have it be about Danny balancing his normal life, superhero life, and his celebrity status, and focus on his struggle to remain a good friend or stay humble or whatever and not go into the publicity thing too much. It could work, but it might not work.

16. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

With all the superhero movies we have these days, I feel a live action Danny Phantom movie would work WAY better than a live action Fairly Oddparents movie would.
    Seriously....that was a bad idea all around.

17. FriendlyMushroom

FriendlyMushroom Knight of Sidonia

Whaaaaaaaaaa

This would certainly be out of the blue. If it does happen it will probably be a TV movie, as I doubt Nickelodeon/Paramount are up for a another theatrical release of a cartoon adaptation after the fiasco of The Last Airbender, which has a bigger fanbase.

Could be cool, could be crap, who knows. I think though that I would prefer a decent revival or reboot of the cartoon over a live-action movie.

Oh, and to answer the question Hartman posted: Vlad Masters, hands down. Vlad is the Green Goblin to Danny's Spiderman, the Joker to Danny's Batman, the Magneto to Danny's Professor X, the...you get the point.

18. ferrisjso

ferrisjso New Member

As a huge DP fan I would be thrilled if they made a movie.There were several important plot points that weren't addressed such as what happened to dani and everyone's reaction to knowing Danny,s secret.A movie would bring closure to fans unhappy with how the show ended.While a DP live action film would no defiantly be better than the FOP ones there are some concerns.The main concern is the special effects for the ghosts powers how much it will cost and how well it will work.For this reason i,m pretty sure most Dp fans would prefer 2 D although live action is more likely.also while DP is extremely popular only IZ has a larger cult base it is questionable whether DP has the market for a profitable theatrical release.Then again maybe NIck knows something about the DP DVDs sales record that we don,t.Regardless this probably isn't,t going to happen but we can dream can,t we?

19. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Active Member

Given the success of TMNT and Korra on Nick, I feel a revival of Danny Phantom would actually do very, very well now. Wouldn't hurt to look into by Nick.

20. alfa9delta

Maybe that's the point of making a DP movie: See if this does well enough for them to bring the show back