1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffy: the musical?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Nightflower, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Failure

Failure Entertainment Mod

I think they are planning to re-air it fairly soon. It might even be this weekjend, you should check your local listings. But all of the future showings will have the 53 minutes or so cut into the regular 45.

2. Failure

Finally saw the Buffy musical (it was aired Saturday becuz of a Flyers game on Tuesday). I went in thinking I would hate it, but I have to admit, it was very good. The songs were really catchy. The cast did a great job, they sounded great too. I am very impressed, and that's saying a lot, because I am far, faaarrr from a fan of musicals. If they released a soundtrack, I'd get it. That said, I think the episode would've been extremely poignant if it was in its normal drama format. But I gotta give Whedon and co. credit, there's not many shows out there that try to push the boundaries. In fact, part of me is kind of glad that it was in musical form. I annoys me a bit when an episode is so powerful, that I can't stop thinking about it. Luckily, this won't be the case.

Actually, a little addition here, but I don't really understand why the demon went away. Xander summoned him, so...? How does that change anything?

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Actually, according to Entertainment Weekly, they are thinking of releasing it as a soundtrack. So there ya go! :)

4. Failure

Cool, thanks for the info! I downloaded a lot of the songs. Very catchy, I must say.

5. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

I finally got to watch it (got my tape of shows last night) and I must say it was rather enjoyable. Although at some points I thought to myself "Just get on with it already", as I'm not a fan of musicals whatsoever, I thought that it was a great episode to throw alotta plot points into the show.

Am I alone here, or does anyone else think that the "big bad guy" for the season will be Willow?

6. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

I thought it will be those nerdy people. If it was Willow, that would be the second time they had a "good person cross over a la Darth Vader".

7. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

I say Willow because Giles has repeatedly mentioned how using as much magic as Willow is can taint a person. And you can see that she's getting a wicked side with the "forget" spell she cast on Tara a week or two ago.

Now, she may not be Darth Vader-like, but could be a threat that must be faced.

8. Failure

*Hand raised* I think it'll be a little more subtle than the Angel thing though. However, you're getting signs all over the place showing her recklessness. Remember that little conersation with Giles where Giles was chastising Willow and Willow responded, "I am powerful, so maybe you shouldn't piss me off." Who knows maybe knowing that she pulled Buffy out of heaven is gonna send her over the edge.

I don't really consider the "geeks" as a real "big bad." They can do some damage, but I don't think it's anything that the scooby crew cant handle.

9. witness

witness I am always watching.....

failure, the demon left because he couldn't have his queen. whoever summons the demon, must go back to hell with him. since he's summoned with a necklace, the one which dawn was wearing, he thought that dawn summoned him. since xander summoned him, he wasn't interested in having xander as his "queen". that's why he left.

10. Failure

Ok, thanks witness. That's what I thought, but that part went so quickly I wasn't sure.