1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

British Animation Awards

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by MonkeyFunk, May 11, 2009.

1. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

Discussion thread for British Animation Awards. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

If the "awards of the same name were handed out beforehand" comment is a bit unclear, it's because I'm not too clear myself. General consensus is that the BAAs were founded in 1996: the BBC article I linked to says so, the official BAA website's archives only go back to 1996, and the BAA DVD series starts with the 1996 winners.

But yet I've seen plenty of records of British Animation Awards being handed out as far back as 1988. I'm not entirely clear on who was behind these proto-BAAs, but since not even the official site covers them no-one can hold it against us if we don't either.

2. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

Pleasent surprise today: I came across an old catalogue for an animation festival which happened to have a list of 1996 BAA winners in it. Finally, I can go ahead and make articles for the two awards that we're missing.

Since copies of the catalogue will be pretty hard to track down, I scanned the relevant page for anyone who wants to verify the information I'm including:

http://i48.tinypic.com/mbuafq.jpg