Brian Michael Bendis departs Marvel for DC

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by MDawg, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Of all the things one just assumes won't change in comics, Bendis staying at Marvel is probably near the top of the list. I loved his work on Ultimate Spider-Man and while not everything he does with Marvel is the best, he has been an asset in making the Marvel into the entertainment juggernaut it is today.

Meanwhile for DC fans, pray that this doesn't mean endless talking heads for Batman and Superman and if you're a fan of any minority characters, just hope they don't get swept into Bendis' vice-like grip on them, never to be handled by minority-based talent ever again.

2. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Holy cow...that's only about 10 years too late. DC can keep him.

Thank you for Jessica Jones ("Alias"). Best new character of the 00's.

Thank you for Ultimate Spider-Man - though I never personally read it, and the "Ultimate" line of books eventually imploded, it was a defining book of the early 00's era. Lots of "Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2" moviegoers turned to this version of Spider-Man.

Thank you/no thank you for Avengers Disassembled for kick starting the revitalization of the Avengers (too bad the story sucked).

Thank you/no thank you for "House of M" (I enjoyed it, but it was about that time when I realized crossover "events" were eating Marvel alive).

Thank you for "Powers", it made for a fun take on superheroes.

HUGE thank you for your run on Daredevil. One of the best runs on the character.

Huge "No Thank You" for all the continuity rewrites - it would be headache inducing what you did in flashbacks (like with "The Sentry" or with "The Illuminati"), or like when you show characters who are in the Hood's gang, villains who have been dead for years, but because you pulled their named out of the old 80's Marvel Handbooks, you just would toss them in willy-nilly.

• Like Like x 1
    #2 wonderfly, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

If you read it, a gigantic "No Thank You" for Secret War and it's ridiculously long delays and plot that barely made sense (Not Secret Wars, this one was different)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed his work for the most part during his Marvel days, can't wait to see what he has in store for DC.

5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry but now. I am not looking forward to what Bendis has in store.