1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking: All-New Samurai Jack Coming in 2017

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by GWOtaku, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Member

I saw the trailer and it was amazing it just shows that the series is really serious about going to a darker route in season 5.And its style is now better than ever though the animators are now using digital tablets rather than the traditional pen and paper let's hope they will still use their traditional flow in this series according to their interview.

Anyway when I saw the trailer ,It shows Jack is now having a Heroic BSOD or a Despair Event Horizon trope for 50 years (according to the adult swim details) especially that he is “unaged” due to the effects of time travel and no matter when he tried to get back to the past ,interruptions prevents him especially with Aku wreaking havoc around the world and Jack always keeps on preventing them this results in jack quitting his sword ,gives up on finding a way back to the past ,and use a different type of weaponry while saving fleeing innocents from Aku’s wrath.

Maybe this series will have Jack regain his heroic spirits, regain his magic sword and defeat aku once and for all to return to the past. And I think that Jack will now have a traveling companion who might be the former member of a female assassin group of ninjas who betray them and join Jack in his continuous quest on defeating Aku and return home.

My guess on the ending might be bittersweet as it will have Jack finally defeating aku in the future and return to the past where jack kills aku with his sword at the exact moment when aku is about to sent his past self to the future ,This result in both jack and aku to seal themselves within the earth so that jack will prevent Aku from being released ever again while his past self and the world live in a better future, That is my guess on the series bittersweet ending. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

Seems like Adult Swim is showing a new teaser every night because tonight they showed a scene with Jack facing off against the Daughters of Aku.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gatordragon

Gatordragon On the knightly path.

I saw the trailer in my YouTube recommendeds and was not disappointed. This looks really good and interesting, not to mention delightfully dark and violent without being over-the-top. I'm looking forward to this. It's not everyday you see a non-comedic action cartoon for adults.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I've been waiting for so long. This looks amazing (I had no doubts that it would.) :)

Kal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

• Like Like x 3
  6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That trailer was pretty cool. It still looks and feels like Samurai Jack, but with just a darker and more intense tone to it, which does make sense. Jack has been in the future for fifty years, hasn't aged at all and still can't defeat Aku. Seeing blood was a bit of a surprise, but it is TV 14 after all. It looks pretty cool and sounds like it would appeal to the long time fans of the series.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Toonami Fan.

Here's another Samurai Jack Season 5 teaser it's in SD only.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Looks like Jack has to face a giant woman, again

9. wonderfly

wonderfly Say yes!
    Staff Member Administrator

Samurai Jack, Season 5: "Attack on Jack?!?" Aim for the back of the neck, Jack...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 The Joy and the Laughter

A new promo with The Scotsman.

EDIT: And the video has been removed.

• Like Like x 2
    #310 PinkiePie97, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  11. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Scotsman sure looks very active for his age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Huh, didn't expect to see that guy again. I hope they won't bring back all of the villains just for nostalgia or lack of ideas similarly to PPG. We don't need them. They have only a few limited episodes. They should use it for the plot. All we need is Jack, Aku and time.

13. StorytellerMJ5

StorytellerMJ5 Active Member

The Scotsman was a recurring character in Samurai Jack, so its not too surprising he's returning. I wasn't sure he would because of the timeskip, but I'm happy he is.

He wasn't just some random one off character.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He also seems to be a fairly popular character in the series too, so it makes sense that they'd include him in that regard as well. Considering that they only have ten episodes, I doubt that they're going to bring back all of the villains within that time frame anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Toonami Fan.

I found the same teaser again but this time in high quality.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I like how AS is promoting it with billboards of Aku.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

Does this mean Toonami will be 4.5 hours this spring?

And if not, they're not gonna bump off Ghost in the Shell, are they? Seems like every time they bring it back, we never see a full run anymore.

18. StorytellerMJ5

StorytellerMJ5 Active Member

Yup 11-3:30. They're not going to take off GITS before the new movie even comes out. I guess they technically haven't said, but there'd be no reason to put Jack at 11 if they were going to replace something with it.

19. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

Are the new episodes of Jack considered an extension of the old CN series, or a different show? How could this affect future re-runs of the show outside Adult Swim, like on Boomerang? Or premieres of the new episodes on international networks where CN does not share the same channel as AS?

20. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

It's a continuation (and conclusion) of the original show.