Boruto Monthly Manga Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Neo Ultra Mike, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Thoughts on chapter 17.

This is pretty much setting up to be Boruto's take on The Zabuza arc: a C mission having to protect some guy Boruto obviously clashes with based on personality type and believes and this being the first official full mission of the entire team; having some guy before the major fate meet our main hero and form some sort of bond with them. Heck this is even about the Land of Waves and a missing nin from that. Honestly nothing here really exites me. I do like the idea of discussing how important the use of technology is and not just instantly dismissing it as well as Sarada at least understanding why Boruto was hesistant about the mission. Though the whole "I need to protect Sarada" is just sexist BS since if she's aiming to be Hokage and gets it she's the strongest so wouldn't need that protection anyway. Sasuke doesn't serve as Naruto's protector really so Boruto shouldn't assume he'd be Sarada but no because she's a girl it has to be like that and... ugh just screw that kind of BS logic so hard I hate that but that's the most emotion this got out of me as it was kind of a lot of dry talking as probably next time we'll get action and not really much else to say so... that's my thoughts on this chapter then.

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

If there is one thing I don't like about Boruto is the lack of danger, I don't know with early Naruto you get a sense that the characters are vunerable and the world outside could it them whole, here its too safe for my liking.