Boomerang News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Dan's Revenge, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Discussion and updates about Boomerang U.S., y'know, the channel that teaches you how to properly throw those things that come back around to you? Not convinced? Okay, it's the 24/7 cartoon channel.

Some ground rules: (established 1/18/14)
    1] Keep the discussions civil - no trolling others. If you want to differ an opinion, don't be a beef jerky about it.
    2] No fantasy schedules (to an extent - no overhaul ideas using shows that wouldn't air). I know I started it without knowledge, but there's nothing to actually discuss about fantasy schedules. Most can understand this rule and there is an occasion where someone may give an example of something Boomerang could do with their lineup, then go for it. Don't just make up a schedule purely for fun.
    3] If you have an update, provide some kind of proof, whether a link or at least specify where you found it to where anybody else can dig it up.
    4] Keep the discussions civil - no tr... oh, I said that already. (still holds true though)
    5] Do not spam this thread with anything not pertaining to a discussion of an update / and how someone feels about it.

'Me' Notes: (established 1/18/14)
    - I'm just a casual poster on Toonzone and a casual cartoon fan. I don't communicate with any officials from networks or etc. I'm not like Bryan of Nickandmore who gets his info from wherever. The info I find can be easily obtained by anybody else if they search right/the way I do, however that is I do it.
    - There's only 2 programs on Boomerang I frequent. I only made this news and discussion folder cause there wasn't one, and nobody else seemed to get the idea to make one, so I went ahead with it.

All times below are EST.

The Current Boomerang 24/7Schedule

MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS
    6:00 AM - Tom & Jerry
    7:00 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    7:30 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    8:00 AM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    8:30 AM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    9:00 AM - Chowder
    9:30 AM - Chowder
    10:00 AM - The Garfield Show
    10:30 AM - The Garfield Show
    11:00 AM - Pink Panther & Pals
    11:30 AM - Pink Panther & Pals
    12:00 PM - Looney Tunes
    1:00 PM - The Tom & Jerry Show
    1:30 PM - The Tom & Jerry Show
    2:00 PM - The Garfield Show
    2:30 PM - The Garfield Show
    3:00 PM - The Powerpuff Girls
    3:30 PM - The Powerpuff Girls
    4:00 PM - Pokémon: Indigo League
    4:30 PM - Pokémon: Indigo League
    5:00 PM - The Garfield Show
    5:30 PM - The Garfield Show
    6:00 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    6:30 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    7:00 PM - Tom & Jerry
    8:00 PM - Teen Titans Go!
    8:30 PM - Teen Titans Go!
    9:00 PM - The Amazing World of Gumball
    9:30 PM - The Amazing World of Gumball
    10:00 PM - The Garfield Show
    10:30 PM - The Garfield Show
    11:00 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    11:30 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    12:00 AM - Tom & Jerry
    1:00 AM - The Flintstones
    1:30 AM - The Flintstones
    2:00 AM - Looney Tunes
    3:00 AM - The Smurfs
    3:30 AM - The Smurfs
    4:00 AM - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    4:30 AM - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    5:00 AM - The Looney Tunes Show
    5:30 AM - The Looney Tunes Show

SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS
    6:00 AM - Tom & Jerry
    7:00 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    7:30 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    8:00 AM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    8:30 AM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    9:00 AM - BOOMERANG MOVIE* (see below)
    10:30 AM - Looney Tunes / BOOMERANG MOVIE
    11:00 AM - The Looney Tunes Show
    11:30 AM - The Looney Tunes Show
    12:00 PM - Tom & Jerry
    1:00 PM - Numb Chucks [NEW]
    1:30 PM - Grojband
    2:00 PM - The Garfield Show
    2:30 PM - The Garfield Show
    3:00 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    3:30 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    4:00 PM - The Looney Tunes Show
    4:30 PM - The Looney Tunes Show
    5:00 PM - The Tom & Jerry Show
    5:30 PM - The Tom & Jerry Show
    6:00 PM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    6:30 PM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
    7:00 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    7:30 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    8:00 PM - Tom & Jerry
    9:00 PM - Chowder
    9:30 PM - Chowder
    10:00 PM - The Garfield Show
    10:30 PM - The Garfield Show
    11:00 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    11:30 PM - What's New Scooby-Doo?
    12:00 AM - Tom & Jerry
    1:00 AM - The Flintstones
    1:30 AM - The Flintstones
    2:00 AM - Looney Tunes
    3:00 AM - The Smurfs
    3:30 AM - The Smurfs
    4:00 AM - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    4:30 AM - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    5:00 AM - The Looney Tunes Show
    5:30 AM - The Looney Tunes Show

*BOOMERANG MOVIE (weekends at 9:00am, Looney Tunes at 10:30am if movie ends just before -- will mark (2 hours) to end of movie title if the movie lasts that long)
    SAT January 24 -- Scooby-Doo in Where's My Mummy?
    SUN January 25 -- Codename - Kids Next Door: Operation Z.E.R.O.
    SAT January 31 -- Tom & Jerry Blast Off to Mars!
    SUN February 1 -- Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase

FUTURE SCHEDULE CHANGES
    none (February 2nd??)

FUTURE SPECIAL PROGRAMMING
    none

PAST BOOMERANG SCHEDULES
    http://www.tvschedulearchive.com/boomerang/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends... on Boomerang? -- http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/fosters-home-for-imaginary-friends/EP00677262

Looks like we have a glimpse to the new weekend lineup as well, beginning Saturday August 11th

Saturday is the only view-able day for now, but this is what shows: (copied from Zap2it's listings, which explains the tv ratings)

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlisti...t&fromTimeInMillis=1344571200000&stnNum=21883

9:00 AM - Scooby-Doo! Arabian Nights
    10:30 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! "The Backstage Rage"
    11:00 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! "What a Night for a Knight" TV-G
    11:30 AM - Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! "A Clue for Scooby-Doo" TV-G
    12:00 PM - Tom & Jerry TV-G
    1:00 PM - Krypto the Superdog "Krypto's Scrypto" TV-Y
    1:30 PM - Krypto the Superdog "Super Flea; A Bug's Strife" TV-Y
    2:00 PM - SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron "The Giant Bacteria" TV-Y7 (FV)
    2:30 PM - SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron "The Metallikats" TV-Y7 (FV)
    3:00 PM - Teen Titans "Homecoming"
    3:30 PM - Teen Titans "Homecoming"
    4:00 PM - The Powerpuff Girls "Keen on Keane; Not So Awesome Blossom" TV-Y7 (FV)
    4:30 PM - The Powerpuff Girls "Power-Noia" TV-Y7 (FV)
    5:00 PM - Johnny Bravo "Brave New Johnny; Witless; Carl Be Not Proud" TV-Y7
    5:30 PM - Johnny Bravo "El Bravo Magnifico; Johnny O. and Julliet; Clan of the Cave Boob" TV-Y7
    6:00 PM - Cow and Chicken "Can Cow Come Out and Play?; Horn Envy" TV-Y7
    6:30 PM - Cow and Chicken "Goin' My Way?; The Babysitter" TV-Y7
    7:00 PM - Dexter's Laboratory "Techno Turtle: Surprise!; Got Your Goat" TV-G
    7:30 PM - Dexter's Laboratory "Dee Dee Be Deep; 911; Down in the Dumps" TV-G
    Saturday Night
    8:00 PM - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends "House of Bloos, Part 1"

Changes so far, Fosters at 8pm. I'll assume, yes, assume, that it's weekend nights 8p-9p. Tom & Jerry to 12pm-1pm. Krypto with a weekend 1p-2p airing. SWAT Kats from 2-3, Teen Titants 3-4, Powerpuff Girls moves to 4-5pm. Johnny Bravo gets 5-6.

I like the idea that Boomer-Royalty is gone. They were pretty much using the same 12ish shows every year.

I never gave Foster's a chance, so now, it "looks" as if, I can give it a proper one.

3. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Woah, Fosters on Boom!:eek: Didn't see that coming. Changes seem good for now, but i'm kinda gonna miss Boomer-Royalty.:(

4. Reserved Nutcase

Reserved Nutcase Too Nutty For the Nuthouse

Foster's on Boomerang? It's about time! Then again, it was bound to happen eventually, after all, this channel is CN's recycling bin for cancelled shows...

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

It's about dang time they put Foster's on. It is interesting how they're easing into airing it rather than going whole hog like they do with most shows.

Perhaps Megas XLR will be next?

Gotta say that weekend action schedule irks me a bit because they had the opportunity to put Secret Saturdays and Jonny Quest back to back following Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack and they didn't do it. Baw!

6. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon

Foster's on Boomerang! I'm so excited to hear this. I hope it eventually gets a weekday slot though.

7. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

Nice to see Foster's on Boomerang. Although I will be missing BoomeRoyalty.

And it's really sad that the Flintstones have to go at 5:30am. It's one of the channel's (and mine of course) favorites.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Boomeroyalty needed to be shelved; it was always the same characters over and over; it was getting old and repetitive.

And it's about diggety-dang time Foster's turned up on Boomerang; there was really nor reason for it not to air there, given how long the show has been out of circulation on CN. Perhaps other shows like KND, Lazlo and Gym Partner will turn up next, given their recent exposure on Cartoon Planet. (I'd love to see Megas show up on Boom at long last, but that seems kind of iffy.)

9. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Bryan made a post on Nickandmore about Foster's joining. The only thing different I see, is that Jetsons is listed for Sunday/Monday mornings at 5:30, where as I see the Flintstones airing everyday at that time. I see no upcoming airings for Jetsons in the next 2 weeks.

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/the-jetsons/EP00002365 < Jetsons
    http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/the-flintstones/EP00001648 < Flintstones

I would guess that it wont be too long before Jetsons returns, whether late night or perhaps a morning slot somewhere. - I'm going by episode count here, but given that Jetsons hasn't hit 100, and Flintstones have 166, I'd say Jetsons would be good for 5:30am early Sundays and Mondays.

Comment about Boomeroyalty being gone. IMO, it needed it, but in a way, 2 hours both SAT + SUN didn't seem too royal. I made a custom BOOM sched somewhere, that I put BR on just one day, but for four hours, for better exposure. BOOM 'could' do something like that, but I don't see it happening.

Now, the shows that have a very very low ep count that are played weekdays for an hour, Wacky Races, Laff-a-Lympics, 2 Stupid Dogs & Secret Squirrel. I wonder if those'll be replaced when September hits, and if so, by what? Could we see Flintstones/Jetsons regain early times? I think I'd watch Flintstones if it got 10pm, but now that most everything evening time is 90s/early 00s, don't know

10. bla2772

bla2772 Member

mg fosters <3 to bad i have comcast :( i really want boomarang :(

11. Eric B

Eric B New Member

Nice to be seeing Laffalympics again!

With captions, it's interesting to see the different ways "Magic Rabbit's" sole utterance is spelled in each episode.

BRAK!
    BRACK!
    BLACH!
    BRACH!
    BLECCH!
    BLCCH!
    and now I've just seen
    BRACCH!
    The one they gave the other day, where Fondue tells him to "stop bracking..." and do something I would have liked to have seen how that was spelled, but that episode did not seem to be captioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  12. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

2 Stupid Dogs has been on a couple weeks now, and have noticed that they're only playing Season 1 as they appear, 13 full shows / 39 shorts. They've not yet played the 13 2SD shorts that premiered in Fall of '94

"Jerk"
    "Las Pelotas"
    "Post Office"
    "Day Dream"
    "Love"
    "Inside Out"
    "Spit Soup"
    "Fun!'"
    "The Rise and Fall of the Big Dog"
    "Cookies, Ookies, Blookies"
    "Cartoon Canines"
    "Bathroom Humor"
    "Hobo Hounds"

Wonder if they'll get to play anytime soon.

13. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Oh, man, when I read that episode title, I got my hopes up and thought that they started showing Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. Oh well, 2 Stupid Dogs has always been a longtime favorite of mine. When it started airing on Boomerang again a few years ago, I taped almost every episode, thinking that Boom wouldn't get around to showing them again. How wrong I was (also, speaking of 2 Stupid Dogs, and I know this really isn't the thread to ask this question in, but whatever happened to the DVD set that Warner Archive said we'd get at the end of last year?)

So, Boomeroyalty is kaput, eh? I'm not really sure how I feel about that. And I have a feeling that this is only temporary. I hope it means maybe they're looking for new characters to put in rotation, but that's probably asking for too much for a channel which barely gets any attention paid to it.

Oh, and Fosters is on. And that's good. Now where's Megas, Sheep in the Big City, and other shows that haven't been seen in years? Get a move on it, Turner!

14. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Looks like with the Olympics ending tomorrow, Boomerang is ending their weekday morning run of Wacky Races and Laff-A-Lympics, as they have the 11am-1pm we saw before the Olympics returning, which means...

11am = Flintstone Kids / http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/flintstone-kids/EP00001647
    11:30 = Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm / http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/pebbles-and-bamm-bamm/EP00105758
    12pm = Cattanooga Cats (1 hour) / http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/cattanooga-cats/EP00000829

That's not all -- The weekday Ben 10 hour has been replaced with... Jonny Quest / http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/jonny-quest/EP00002396 JQ will still air weeknights at 12:30 and Sunday & Monday mornings at 4:00am.

Edit: JQ has already been started 5pm-6pm weekdays, I hadn't known this. The first 10 episodes aired this week, so it suggests it began this last Monday.

And REMEMBER.... Starting TONIGHT, airing Saturday & Sunday nights from 8pm-9pm EST ... Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends!

15. ToonsLover

ToonsLover Lover of Toons

I'm still waiting for Ed, Edd n Eddy but I'm happy to see Foster's

Hopefully Boomerang takes advantage of more of CN's library, there's a lot of shows not airing right now that deserve a home on Boom.

16. Eric B

Eric B New Member

YEAH! IMO, Foster's is when new CN shows really started to get boring and overly kiddish.

17. bla2772

bla2772 Member

how dont u like Foster's I love can comcast just get bommerang already :/

18. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Looks like Pokemon will continue into Battle Frontier - The first 2 episodes of that will air Friday the 31st. - In a way I'm kind of surprised that the new-to-BOOMS have lasted this long. I was thinking soon they might go back toward the end of Johto and do a 2nd run. I wonder if Diamond & Pearl get go-time.

19. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I've been making frequent updates to this -- http://schedule.adultswim.com/servl...ction=selectBMDay&theDate=9/1/12&timeZone=EST -- to see if they'd EVER play the 13 Two Stupid Dogs shorts of Season 2, still nothing.

Something strange though, is even if it is a misprint, that link is for Saturday September 1st. Check out the 2SD titles for 10pm --- they AREN'T 2SD shorts at all. I did a search for them. 2 of them came up in results, they belong to "The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat". Is this just an awkward misprint or does that mean they have the Felix series and plan to play it?

I'd almost like to know how they go about selecting the titles for their schedule. "Twisted" just comes before "Two" - so it makes me think they could type in the show they want, then select a title from that, but I don't know. They still list "Two Stupid Dogs" - but have a "TToFtC" title

Edit (3:25pm) -- The titles listed are "News Paint / Copy Cat / Wet Paint" -- 'News Paint' should read "News Blues", actually. -- I don't have any hopes up, as for one I've never seen the show, and haven't ever felt to want to watch. This just might be like I'm thinking, an awkward misprint, and if it is, it's a strange one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  20. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat on Boomerang? That'd be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.