1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Book Ideas for Empire.

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by Otaku Bishop, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Otaku Bishop

Otaku Bishop Mr. Link has the groove.

Hiya. I'm writing a story. It's a story about struggling with your enemies, and resolving problems with them. Any stories to share? Any I recieve I will proudly put into the book. Oh, not just enemy struggles. Anything will do. It's like Chicken Soup for the Soul. Okay, start!

#1 Otaku Bishop, Nov 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  2. vampirelover95

vampirelover95 Danielle

Sometimes evil is good and good is evil. So in your book you might want to show that out. how maybe a good person can be cruel to their enemies you know? A romance with a enemy could also be very thrilling :anime: but that's just me.

3. Otaku Bishop

What?:confused: :confused: :confused: No romance with the enemy kinda stuff, but... Ah, never mind. Good idea. I will. Mental note to self: listen to these people, idiot. They're the ones coming up with stories to put in the book.

4. vampirelover95

vampirelover95 Danielle

If you don't like romance then don't write about it. It is your book not mine silly. ;) Taking ideas from other people is one thing... But if you don't want to, then I suggest you don't. Books are gateways to the soul, or even a lock. Depending on how it is writen. Don't look to me for help on writing it. I don't do the writing I do the reading :D I don't like giving advise that often... I hope I gave you good advise. What another idea of mine was is that instead of having romance, maybe you could write about deception, and if you like battles then write about blood and gushing tendons. It all depends on who you are. Write away your feelings, good or bad. Just saying because I express my thoughts or desires in my poetry. If i didn't do that I would be in jail by now :sweat: Good luck with your book!

-Danielle

5. Otaku Bishop

Wow, great idea. I'll put that in my book for sure. Yeah! Go vampirelover95!

6. vampirelover95

vampirelover95 Danielle

Thanks. My mother wants me to start my own book... wish me luck:sad:

7. Otaku Bishop

You luck has been wished on...Life is like a car: with no one in the driver's seat, or the wrong person in there, I go out of cotroll. Life is also like a vine:if it has structure, it grows harming no one, yet, without structure, it clings on whatever it can find, killing it.

8. vampirelover95

vampirelover95 Danielle

Erm

You should be getting more replies then this!!!:crying: I am sorry, Thanks for the advise.

9. Otaku Bishop

It's okay. I can wait for others. Besides, just one person at a time will help me write down the important post.

10. TheVertigo

TheVertigo The Dark Passion

Bowser, if you're looking for the ultimate book on dealing with your enemies, you should read "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas. It's a long read, and its a classic novel, but it is well worth it. The way the character Edmund Dantes deals with his enemies is just conniving and downright genius...

If you're looking for revenge, do as Dantes does, hit them where it hurts most.

Good luck with researching your novel :)

11. Otaku Bishop

Thanks, Okami.

12. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

Wait a minute, wait a minute... What does this have to do with Batman or even Superman? This is the WF Workshops and this is off-topic. Therefore it shall be moved.

tNC

13. Eddie G.

Eddie G. Former Wolf/Writer.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't have an agent or know how exactly you get a book published. I'd either learn about these things before you write a book or write things like short stories, poetry, or one-act plays which are easier to get published and then move on to novels.

14. Otaku Bishop

Oh, uh, yeah. I didn't think of that. But I'm a kid. Fine, close it. Close the thread.

15. Eddie G.

Eddie G. Former Wolf/Writer.

Please don't take what I said the wrong way and don't put yourself down. I'm trying to tell you that writing and getting published is not as easy as many think, but I'm really not trying to tell you to quit.

Right now, you're fourteen and you may not be the best writer right now. Take the baby steps; write poems, write short stories, take classes, slowly learn about the industry, and then later in life you can start writing the great American novel.