1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bokurano

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by Rolling Cloud, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

Discussion thread for Bokurano. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Shouldn't this article be about the anime instead of the manga? This is an animation wiki, after all.

3. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

Totally Forgot

Fixed~

Though, one question.
    I understand the 'no spoiler' rule, but
    how should I do the character descriptions?

#3 Rolling Cloud, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  4. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Actually, I'm pretty sure we do have some wiggle room for comics. I know there's an article on 4-koma for instance (I made it). It's pretty much unavoidable given the vast number of comics that become cartoons and how arguably the two are linked in the formation of the art of animation.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

If that issue is essential to understanding the basics of the story, then I'd say that it has a place in the plot synopsis or elsewhere as necessary. Note the "if," though.

I think it's okay to acknowledge comics, just as long we're focusing on animation and not on comic books. So yes, make it about the anime, though certainly mention its origins. Styles and types like 4-Koma are fine I think, it's part of understanding the medium and where certain cartoons come from.

6. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The way I currently see it, comics are valid as far as how they tie into animation. One such example- shows like One Piece are near direct comic adaptations, so the comic is justified in being mentioned.

Where I'd draw the line currently is at comics they really have no real connection to any animated projects. However, I'd weigh in that another TZ site is CD!, which focuses on comic-based creations. Given that, it'd seem like comics aren't completely out of scope for the site.

7. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yes, that is pretty much my position. I'm basically looking to avoid having one article for, say, Batman in animation, and another for Batman in comics, or separate articles for One Piece the anime and One Piece the comic.

Granted. This is probably something we'll ask Harley about down the line.

8. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

It is justifiable to mention such things if they are considered the source material, but when I made my remark, the article only mentioned the manga and didn’t mention the anime at all.

9. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

Yeah, and in addition to CD!, there's also the Comic Book Culture forum, so I don't think articles on comics would be that out of place.