1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blazing Team (New Hasbro Show)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Takao, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Alas Babylon

Alas Babylon New Member

Unfortunately not. The tricks show up faithfully (some of them... sometimes) but they're never explained and never announced, and to a layman (or a 5-10 year old) it looks like the kids are throwing their yo-yos randomly and haphazardly and things just kinda happen, which don't help the honestly mediocre action scenes.

There's one episode in particular, where Parker and Wilson are backed up against a backyard fence against a small gang of teens. For an egregiously long time, the kids swing their yo-yos in an arc, the teens are knocked over by energy blasts, they get back up, try to approach them again, and Parker and Wilson repeat their move... and this loops for at least four or five times before the other kids FINALLY save them. How I described it doesn't do it justice - it was laughable.

The yo-yos don't exist to teach the audience moves and tricks they can do - it's solely an instrument used for Yo Kwon Do. The "competition" angle doesn't appear again after Episode 1 (and I've watched all the way through 10) so I don't get the point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Alas Babylon

Alas Babylon New Member

So... episode 11 managed to climb to 37,000 viewers, which honestly surprised me - maybe the Sunday slot's doing some good. It being directly behind marathons of MLP might have something to do with it, but regardless, this show's probably still going to get canned after season 1, but at least not with laughable viewer counts.

Still not a good show though.

3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

Its not just boys shows. Lauren Faust wanted to include more male characters in My Little Pony, but Hasbro shot her down early on. They only changed their minds when the show got popular. Its still kinda amazing that GI Joe went out of their way to subvert this back in the 80s.

I think this will get two seasons through sheer inertia and contractual obligation. No one cares about Discovery Family's ratings. They're just burning off content until Hasbro gets rid of it. They're not even exclusively premiering their shows on the network anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Yeah, a second season is already in production. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro is just writing this off as a way to better position themselves in the Chinese market.

Weirdest toy commercial I've seen is Idaten Jump. You'd think the main product line for that show would consist of bicycles, but nope, they made some weird Fly Wheels thing.

5. Takao

Is the second season of this show (which we know exists) going to be a Monsuno/Redakai thing where the majority of the western world doesn't get it?

6. Takao

Blazing Team season 2 debuts on Discovery Family this July:

7. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

July was sooner than I was always thinking.

8. Takao

I was thinking never.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Takao

Anyone catch the premiere? Did they change the "Masters of Yo-kwon Do" subtitle?

Here are August's episodes:

10. Takao

11. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Reminds me of that Jackie Chan show.

12. Takao

September's episodes:

I don't know why episode 16 is being labeled as the season finale. There's supposed to be 26 episodes ...