1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Blazing Team (New Hasbro Show)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Takao, Oct 21, 2015.

1. J. D. Guy

J. D. Guy Member

Well, this seems interesting enough to me, just from the premise alone. I look forward to trying it out and seeing how it goes.

Who knows, maybe it'll become my new favorite thing, like Huntik, Voltron Force, and Kaijudo before it?

Ouch, man! Too soon, bro. Too soon. That wound is still too fresh. :(

I'd rather be optimistic about it, anyway. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    #21 J. D. Guy, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how this show goes since Discovery Family does need some new content when MLP, LPS, Transformers, and other shows on the network eventually end. As for the toyetic nature of the show, Hasbro is a toy company, so it doesn't surprise me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

While I agree that Discovery Family needs more content, I doubt that Hasbro is planning to put much effort into the network, or Hasbro Studios for that matter. I think this was just a matter of the company needing to put out and air something before a contract expired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Yeah, that's what I think too. That DiscFam is airing the series opposite the Farm Report seems to be a clear indication that the network really doesn't care much about this show. It's likely just some leftover Hasbro Studios acquisition from the Hub's last days that they're trying to get on the air and burn off (no pun intended) in order to fulfill some contractual obligation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Broadcast date officially announced:
    Given their original productions, I hope Alpha is only tangentially involved.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. SweetShop209

November 13 at 6:30 am? That's a bit weird. Wouldn't it be better if they showed on Saturday morning or afternoon? Heck, it could be something like

10:00 am My Little Pony (x2)
    11:00 am Blazing Team (x2)
    12:00 Littlest Pet Shop (x2)

Or something along those lines. Not many people would be up at 6:30 am, especially on weekdays. Even with Transformers: Robots In Disguise on Cartoon Network, at least it airs on Saturdays, when a lot of people could conceivably see it.

7. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

I bet that this show is airing solely for contractual purposes.

The show would be better fit for Nicktoons because it's the home of all those toyetic "fighting bad guys to the death with magical weapons" shows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Takao

Bouncing from one dead network to another isn't much of an upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SweetShop209

10. Takao

• Like Like x 2
    #30 Takao, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  11. Takao

Episode 1: The First Yo
    Episode 2: The Second Yo
    Encore run set for Sunday at 8AM.

I have to say I was surprised by what I saw. I was expecting a US show, but looking at the credits this appears to be entirely Chinese. Even the voice actors are from Hong Kong ... and they were fine. Too bad I can't say that for the show itself.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dread Lord

Dread Lord Banned

Looks like the same animation as Kaijudo. I'm a fan of toyetic shows so I'm going to have to watch this someday.

13. J. D. Guy

J. D. Guy Member

Same here. I'm kinda down right now, 'cause I don't have the means to watch it at the moment. :(

14. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

This is very, very bland and mediocre. It employs every pulpy action cliche in the book and unlike other shows, like Kaijudo or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Blazing Team plays them as straight as humanly possible. A couple of action scenes look decent, but everything else looks subpar. Taken together this looks like a forgettable toyetic show that would've aired on Jetix back in the mid-2000s rather than something up to Hasbro Studios usual standards.

On the plus side, I know a lot of people hate secret identities and masquerades. This show doesn't even bother with any of that. So that's different.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Takao

I'm not at all surprised by how awful those numbers are. Blazing Team runs in a horrific time slot on a dead network with limited promotion.

16. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not giving up on it. It seems like a good show so far from the two episodes I've seen.

17. Takao

Episode 3: Balancing Act
    It premieres at 7AM with an encore on Sunday at 8:30AM. Looks like 8AM on Sundays will be the repeat slot.

• Like Like x 1
  18. J. D. Guy

J. D. Guy Member

From the first 2 episodes so far, I liked and enjoyed what I saw. I definitely look forward to episode 3. :)

I actually appreciated them for having the guts to good-naturedly poke fun at yo-yos being "Serious Business", mostly via Maddie during the first episode (and what hobby doesn't dip into that territory in some spectrums for some people, anyway?). Also, points to them for not pussyfooting around with Johnny and him being tempted, as that's usually what they tend to do on that regard, and, in this case, it makes sense given what they'd shown of his personality and demeanor up to that point.

A couple of other things of note that weren't apparent until after watching the first 2 episodes - Maddie and Johnny are siblings; unless I missed it, this isn't even hinted at in what scant pre-release info there was; the Blazing Team's de facto leader, at least thus far, is the ace Scott. This is also something that's not immediately apparent going from preliminary info and images that feature Parker first, foremost, and in the forefront. Granted, he's still evidently the protagonist, but the more experienced Scott is considered the leader, excepts maybe by Johnny who has his own issues. In hindsight from watching the premieres, Scott is the most logical choice starting out, as he is the most talented and experienced among them other than Johnny, and his issues aren't quite as burdening as the latter's. One of the promo videos does specifically refer to Parker as "the heart", too, so I suppose that coulda been a giveaway (he was still mentioned before anyone else, though).

19. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Member

Wouldn't it make more sense to put this show with MLP and LPS on Saturday?

How incompetent IS Discovery Family?