1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Black Panther" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

AHHHHHHHH! My dreams! My dreams have been realized! :D:D:D:D:D:D

That was beautiful! The music, Klaw, Ross, Panther, Nakia, Okoye, Queen Ramonda! It felt so African and technological at the same time! Yes, yes, yes! It doesn't feel like a copy and paste superhero movie!

I'm going to faint... (Not really, but still AHH!)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, now that's a trailer :D.

I love all we're seeing here, from the nods to Klaw's history with Wakanda and T'Challa, the action sequences, the Dora's in-costume and kicking butt, the glimpses into Wakandan culture and technology, the conflict between T'Challa's morality with his status as a king...it all just looks so good :proud:.

The only thing I'm iffy on is Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger with his more lanky build and weird hairdo :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Black Panther's action scenes are definitely being portrayed as they should be. That costume will really make him a tough one to catch in the shroud of night.

Wakanda's technology will certainly be needed in Infinity War, I'm thinking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

This is a trailer I can't wait to see in theaters. Awesomeness. You can see the comic come to life, if anyone here read original FF issues, Jungle Action, and the modern stuff. Really can't wait to see more.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Heck ya, that's what we've been waiting for! :D :D

The single played was "Legend Has it" by Run the Jewels.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #245 Yojimbo, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  6. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

First Misty Knight and then Klaw are prosthetic arms just not a thing in the MCU yet.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It looks like he does have a prosthetic arm. In the scene where he's disguised as a paramedic, Klaw has two arms. The part where he's being interrogated is presumably later and the prosthetic was likely confiscated. Someone pointed out the sonic energy attack at the very end of the trailer was like Klaw's sonic arm.

EDIT: Coogler does a breakdown for the trailer. Among other things he does confirm Klaw has the sonic arm:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #247 RoryWilliams, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice to get some confirmations we saw the interrogation and festivities were in South Korea, the Talon Fighter over the capital, Warrior Falls, the Herb, Jabari, and a Vibranium mine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thoughts on what was revealed in Coogler's breakdown:

- Nice to have an official name for TChalla's sweet ride (although I kinda prefer Panther Jet) :cool:.

- Funny they should refer to Nakia as a "Femme Fatale-type" in that trailer given what happens to her in the comics...

- Interesting new take on the herb. On the one hand, it seems kind of silly to downplay the magic aspect in light of Dr. Strange still being relatively recent in the Marvel Cinematic Canon, but the idea of ingesting something naturally enthused with Vibranium is very intriguing. It also makes me curious to see how they'll handle Bast o_O.

- So it seems on-top of having to balance his personal morality with his status as a king, T'Challa will have to deal with the major divisions among the tribes of Wakanda. No pressure :eek:.

- Good to know we'll finally see Klaw with his sonic blaster arm canon and going toe-to-toe with T'Challa ;)

- Sounds like Killmonger is going to try and pull a coup by uniting the other tribes against T'Challa, starting with taking over the mountain tribe by defeating M'Baku. Though given we know M'Baku will appear in Infinity War, he'll likely survive it and either be restored to power or find some role in T'Challa's life that will necessitate an appearance. Maybe this is going to lead him to becoming Man-Ape or embracing the White Gorilla :ack:?

- Are those Panther Blasters Shuri's wielding? That's so Power Rangers. I love it :D.

- That pic gives us a better look at the new Black Pnather suit. The most visible difference is the mask, with the expanded eyes and being a little wider then the Civil War suit, and the body looks a little more streamlined :).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe the subtext is they decided not to reveal everything about Wakanda in the first BP movie. It's a lot to take in.

I totally missed it but in those snow mountain scenes that Everett is there with the Queen and co. so he does get to see it's more than textiles. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RoryWilliams

It's up to 89 million views in 24 hours, making it Marvel's third most viewed trailer after Captain America: Civil War (#2) and Thor: Ragnarok (#1). Debuting it in a high profile sporting event was a stroke of genius.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A second thought came to mind. Dr. Cho, while under the Mind Stone's power in Age of Ultron, came to that realization about how Vibranium could be used for so much more hence Vision's body. But perhaps, the herb and Vibranium is a continuance of that little detail.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoryWilliams

The woman briefly seen working with Killmonger in the trailer is apparently Nightshade from the comics, played by actress Nabiyah Be.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ooh! Cool to see them using Nightshade here as a villain :D.

Also looks like they're definitely going with a more conservative look for her :p.

15. RoryWilliams

• Like Like x 2
    #255 RoryWilliams, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting details about W'Kabi and Zuri in particular.

Referring to Klaue as the main villain then comparing him to Osama bin Laden....yeah.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nakia being a Wakandan spy explains her being referred to as a Femme Fatale earlier :ack:.

Nakia's outfit reminds me of Vixen (the DC Heroine) :).

Also really cool to see them apparently adapt T'Challa and Killmonger's showdown at the waterfall :D.

I'm curious about that pattern on Killmonger's body...

• Like Like x 1
  18. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think they said it's a key point in the film. So we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RoryWilliams

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

His armor with all that fur is probably as accurate as I imagine they'll get to his comic look :sweat:.

M'Baku as an isolationist fits, given I recall the White Gorilla Cult was a traditionalist group in Wakanda.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in a post-credits scene though...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1