Black Dynamite and Venture Bros for Toonami?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by SuperMegaHyper, Oct 5, 2012.

1. SuperMegaHyper

SuperMegaHyper ...I don't even know anymore.

I know this is really petty, especially considering Black Dynamite is already pretty close to Toonami's air time, but at the same time I can't stop thinking about it.

As much as I love anime and thankful they're airing Thundercats and Sym Bionic Titan, I wouldn't mind if there was a just a little more variety to their line-up, and why not have Toonami go on a bit earlier to air both of shows? It's not like Toonami hasn't aired action/comedies before.

2. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

Only if Toonami expanded the whole night.

3. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

I'd settle for expanding to 11PM to include them because I have no reservations on Family Guy and Cleveland Show leaving any time soon.

I wouldn't mind their inclusion, particularly Venture Bros. but the elephant in the room as both don't do well in reruns and they may be a detriment to Toonami's ratings. I mean seriously I'm pretty sure Bleach premieres could do better at 11PM than either.

If you're thinking premieres for either, that's still not a good idea because they'd surely do better on another day.

4. 3ngag3

3ngag3 New Member

Back Dynamite needs to stay as far away from Saturday nights as possible. I know it did okay on Sunday, but as one of the lead ins to Toonami, the ratings BOMBED. People give Toonami a lot of gripe for its fluxuating ratings as is and if Black Dynamite were added, I believe the block would be in serious trouble.

Now Venture on the other hand...

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

I will not deny there is a lot of action in both series, but I think they were meant to be comedies first and foremost. Black Dynamite even more so.

6. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Eh, I honestly wouldn't want either of these two shows to air on Toonami, neither of which have that Toonami feel to them and I would rather more entertaining shows air on the block than these ones. Maybe Adult Swim could do a secondary night for action heavy programs and add these to the lineup, but I doubt that would ever happen since they love to spam Robot Chicken and Family Guy all the time.

7. mikkej2k

mikkej2k New Member

Afro Samurai. This anime would fit Toonami better than either Venture Bros. or Black Dynamite.

8. Sketch

Yes it would but unfortunately they cannot air it.

9. mikkej2k

mikkej2k New Member

Does SpikeTV still control this series?

10. Sketch

To my knowledge yes. I think they helped fund it so they'll always have it.