1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Bionic Six appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Hypestyle, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

who else has fond memories of this TV show?

like thundercats, it was a cool original for-TV concept (of course, there were toys to follow)..

anybody know about future DVD releases?

I wonder if there were ever any comics that came out..

This would be a great show to revive in cartoon form.. even live action, if done correctly..

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a really major series for me as a kid. There was a big cast but it wasn't a big jumble like the cast of G.I. Joe, Transformers or C.O.P.S. (about six members on each side), so it ended up being one of the first action cartoons where I actually was able to remember each member and their abilities. I really loved the show and my parents ended up getting me a lot of the action figures one Christmas (Rock 1, F.L.U.F.F.I, and pretty much all of the Scarab team). I've kind of rediscovered it twice in my lifetime since those days. The first time was back when I was in sixth grade. Before I'd leave home in the morning to take the subway to school, I'd usually check out a cartoon or two on the local channels but for some reason I'd stumbled on to Sci-Fi's morning kids block and was stunned to see Bionic Six again. I ended up annoying my sister a lot when I'd sing the theme song. In college, I'd finally had high-speed internet and went through a period of tracking down all of the action cartoons I grew up on. While lots of them didn't hold up to my memories, mainly due to shoddy animation, Bionic Six ended up taking me by surprise. It looked as great to me as it did when I was a kid. The stories felt somewhat hokey but I was still able to enjoy the show. I've pretty given up on seeing most of these Universal &/or TMS shows on dvd, so if it does happen it will just be a pleasant surprise.

3. geekbot

geekbot Member

I love this show now and as a kid, all to sadly I have been tracking down a lot of shows from my youth aswell lately:) I rember the action figures from this show, I found a set of the single figures a while back and got them cheap, they surround my pc where I do my design and graphics stuff, as inspiration ofcourse not to play with:), this does seem much better than a lot of stuff like he-man and bravestar and the like, since it was a lesser known show

4. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

Rediscovered this show recently and watched a handful of episodes so far. Fun times, great animation, catchy theme song (feels like the Mentos jingle was modeled on it). It's a shame that it hasn't gotten a proper DVD release (I can just imagine Dr. Scarab in all his George C. Scott based glory in a bar with Tormak villain of "Galtar & The Golden Lance" lamenting their obscurity, though Galtar at least got a DVD release).

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This and Mighty Max were two shows that still really bugged me with their lack of availability.

6. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Isn't this the 30th anniversary of Bionic 6? Should be.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk