1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Billy Dilley's Super Duper Subterranean Summer" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by BeanoMaster, Sep 2, 2015.

1. SunshineBanjoFace

SunshineBanjoFace New Member

Kinda weird that the show is supposedly premiering less than a month away, yet Disney still has yet to officially advertise it beyond the original announcement from early 2016. This also makes me wonder when DuckTales is supposed to premiere if it's already gotten two promotional images, a teaser back in December, AND a nearly 2-minute long trailer back in EARLY MARCH.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The Disney Channel PR Twitter tweeted about it. Wouldn't surprise me if we see more soon.

3. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

#43 Chevistian C, May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  4. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Intro.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

I don't know why I was under the impression that the show was going to be animated in Flash, but I'm glad it's not. Aaron Springer's oddball style works well here.

It's nice to see Disney Television Animation experiment with different art styles in their shows, whether they always work out or not. Keeps things nice and varied like CN's output.

6. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Looks fun...and sadly a show that looks primed to be dismissed as a "no effort gross show" al la Uncle Grandpa or Pickle and Peanut

7. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

The way that I'd looked at its much like it meets Uncle Grandpa and Clarence, blended altogether, I personally feared that it'll ended being compared to two different shows, based on some similarities hence it's going to the point that everyone is going to talk a lot trash like they did to Uncle Grandpa and Clarence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It surely looks energetic and well met on how the characters are set. Definitely looks great as of now.

9. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

And people already hate it

natural order restored

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

These people are on 4chan/8chan/Reddit/Youtube comments, right? Then they're too busy obsessing over something they prop up way too much (while giving nothing else a chance, thus killing variety for the rest of us who want, respect, and appreciate seeing it, like myself!) like they're precious, precious Star Vs. (The SU of this network, and just as overrated, too.).

Now I'm (even more) encouraged to watch this, even if it doesn't look all that great or anything special to me, honestly.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #50 I.R. Shokew, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  11. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

It doesn't look as fun as Clarence to me, but I'll give it a chance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Let's face the facts:

Those sites you mentioned will bash or ignore any cartoon that's not Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, or anything similar to those four, with only a few rare exceptions like The Loud House and We Bare Bears.

I really hate it when people are like that...

As for this show, the art style may look odd for a Disney cartoon, but I guess I'll give it a try. Looks like a mix of Clarence, Uncle Grandpa and The Magic School Bus.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

The only hate I've seen so far is from people under the impression that they're skipping DuckTales for this.

14. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Looking forward to the show. It will be Uncle Grandpa and Clarence meets SpongeBob due to, Having a lot of former SpongeBob - both old and new crew members (like Zeus Cervas, Merriwether Williams, etc.) and Tom Kenny, and the main characters probably going to be similar in personality to UG and Clarence (and they're all voiced by their creators)

Of course, I don't have Disney XD so instead I will just watch them (and their other shows) online.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Nah, the chans also hate Steven Universe and Gravity Falls
    something about being SJW propaganda

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

A reminder that people of 4chan/8chan are considered as "Racist", "Homophobic", And "Sexist", who will do nothing but talk a lot of trash to every cartoon shows in every type, popular or non-popular types and forever goes around and shill for their abomination on anything to ruin the fun out of anyone favorite of any show, music, and movies, not only that them and alongside with Reddit and YouTube and also those on Tumblr and Twitter are another ones that shares the same boat of all the hatred they add into their so-called bandwagon and also they act like they have ability to deride anyone who are the fan of such shows, and always acting like any children animated networks like CN, Disney, and Nick, are supposed to follow under their rule of anything and forever saying that any new shows, regardless of what type is bad to them and they will do anything to bash on anything that what we like for their sake of hurting someone feelings on the show that they like. I know that this is getting a bit off topic because I don't see the reason why we have to worry or fear of what say about a certain cartoon show, it's best for anyone to stay away from those sites because all it does is its affecting anyone interest of show, including this, and this does not help with anything but making it being a target for criticism and it's best for us to either ignore them if they going keep saying it, don't let it affect you, of what you like and if they don't like it, it's their loss, along as you like it, there's no reason to get upset over what they say and also do not feed the trolls (and I'm referring to the idiots on YT/RD/4-8chan).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I'll probably watch it, the plot seems interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

Intro In Better Quality found it on Animation Magazine

• Like Like x 3
  19. Digamma-F-Wau

Digamma-F-Wau Active Member

eh the only people who talk about it on 4chan at all are people who I suspect also go here (like me) and the occasional other "this looks interesting/this looks like trash"

(honestly the 2nd half of season 2 of star vs made the show no longer overrated)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

More Episodes
    • Beastie Billy/Zartran 8/6/2017
    • “K” is for Klutz/Tommy X 9/6/2017
    • Billy Willie / The Telltale Wart 10/6/2017
    • Ol’ MacBilly/ Silly Spheres 11/6/2017