1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Bigger CN troll: Bizmuth or Bliss

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by zoombie, Sep 17, 2017.

?

Which is a bigger CN troll job

1. Bizmuth

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Bliss

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Which is a bigger troll job by Cartoon Network promises a new addition to the cast of an existing show, only to have said character be written by episode end.

Bizmuth from Steven Universe or Bliss from new Powerpuff Girls.

Well I say technically, Bliss is still part of the team, she is just out for town, meanwhile Bizmuth well she is tied up right now and not actually a good guy at the moment.

2. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

From what you're saying, there's a chance Bliss can be used again. There is no way that Bismuth will ever be unbubbled.

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Actually Rebecca did confirm in an interview that Bismuth will be returning at some point.

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Did Cartoon Network ever really promise that Bismuth would actually be added as a main new character in Steven Universe? There were obvious sneak peaks of her episodes and talks of the character but it wasn't ever treated as like some "this is the new main member of the Crystal Gems now" or anything like that. Especially since the episode she debuted in was just in the middle of the Summer of Steven so it was promoted just as a part of that and not it's own thing. However Bliss had a major push from magazines interviews and online peaks of the character design and many people saying she was going to be the 4th Powerpuff Girl and the whole thing obviously reaks of ratings ploy especially if we aren't going to even see her regularly after this. And if we do see her again she feels more like a forced addition/trying to get people talking about the show again like a Poof or Chloe from Fairy Oddparents. Steven Universe is one of those shows that when they add people to the main cast it's intergrated into the story and lore and they are actual characters and people first and not just tools for increased ratings. Like with Peridot and Lapis. So adding characters actually works within the narrative of the overall series. Stuff like Bliss doesn't plus the fact SU did add characters before Bismuth shows it could happen and had a groundwork for it which PPG 2016 really doesn't.

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've only heard about the new PPG episode, but even based on that, Bliss sounds much more of a blatant ratings gimmick than Bizmuth does. Bizmuth may be in a bubble right now, but at least she provided some interesting conflict and development for Steven, Plus, I don't think that she'll be gone for good, especially when the show didn't forget her in Mindful Education. Steven Universe is too well written for Bizmuth to simply written off as a one-shot ratings gimmick. Bliss by comparison sounds more like an attempt to make the PPG reboot more interesting with adding a new older PPG. I can't say if she doesn't provide conflict or development, but based on what I saw of the PPG reboot and the episode itself, it's rather unlikely.

6. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the new PPG special yet (I'm still debating if I should take the time to watch it), but it just sounded like a ratings stunt. Plus I don't remember Bismuth being advertised as a new major character.