1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Big Hero 6: The Series" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by jaylop97, Mar 2, 2016.

1. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Updated November 3rd, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Image credit: Marvel, Disney
    Source: D23.com article.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-hero-6-tv-series-872040
    Looks like the movie is going to be a show, and it is headed for Disney XD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #1 jaylop97, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  2. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Because the original BH6 movie threads were in the Marvel Animation forum, I decided to move this thread there. This is very exciting news, and actually might allow more of San Fransokyo to be seen than what a theatrical sequel could accomplish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Formally LegoFan224

I'm more excited that Mark McCorkel and Bob Schooley are working on it. They did an amazing job on Buzz Lightyear and Kim Possible, so I can't wait.

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Ugh, I can't wait until 2017!! I want my show Fall this year! This is just too good to wait for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ClodClavo

ClodClavo Member

I'm curious to see if they're going use any source material from the comics. It'd be cool to see some other members from the group like Sunfire and Silver Samurai. Either way I'm really looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm wondering that kind of stuff, whether we might see some borrowed Marvel characters helping to fill this world out. I know the Kim Possible guys were great with all of the originals they had in that series, so I can imagine it probably won't be an issue coming up with characters to populate this world, but in my head I'll be wondering "I wonder what Sunfire might look like in this world" or "Is there a Alpha Flight?", etc.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy I should really change my avatar...
    Staff Member Moderator

So I was hoping for a movie sequel, but I loved Kim Possible, so if this is anything like that, I can't complain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was wondering when we would see a Big Hero 6 continuation, and frankly I was expecting we'd just get an animated short attached to another Disney movie, so really awesome to hear we'll be getting a full-on TV show :D.

The show also couldn't be in better hands then with the creators behind Kim Possible. Definitely looking forward to seeing what they'll bring and how the show will expand from the movie with the team and the world of San Fransokyo ;).

I hope they can get the cast from the movie back, though I wonder if it's going to be a traditionally animated cartoon or all CG :)?
    As cool as that would be, I don't expect any actual Marvel heroes to appear in this, let alone ones owned by Fox like Sunfire and Silver Samurai are. I could see references and a tease here or there, but we probably won't see any actual Marvel heroes beyond the redesigned Big Hero 6 characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

Awesome! With the solid groundwork laid by the movie and creators of Kim Possible at the helm, this is the first Marvel cartoon in years that I'm actually excited about :D

11. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

Yes thank you

12. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Big Hero 6 joins the Tangled spinoff and new DuckTales as Disney XD programs on track for a 2017 premiere. Say hello to the groundwork for a spiritual successor for the Disney Afternoon. Imagine this stuff joined by a post-Frozen 2 project and, say, Darkwing Duck or Gargoyles rebooted somewhere in 2019-2020. They could do worse.....

The Kim Possible crew back together on this is a good sign. Disney knows what works and has done a great job with fostering creative talent for its TV animation, as demonstrated by such examples as Gravity Falls and Phineas & Ferb - whose creators are notably sticking around for another Disney XD show (Milo Murphy's Law).

Disney's not messing around. Good stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Continuation, preferably. Greg Weisman still has stories left to tell for his Gargoyles universe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

Suggestions:
    • 2-D, not 3-D
    • Finished were you left off (movie wise that is)

15. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 This is a crossover episode, right?

The Kim Possible team are on this? Already on my can't wait list! Hopefully, we'll also see more screentime and development for Wasabi or Fred or the other team members that aren't Hiro and Baymax.

16. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

Interesting. I haven't seen Big Hero 6 yet, but the announcement of an animated series based off of it motivates me to do so soon.

I wonder if the art style will be similar to Tangled, or if it will have its own distinct style, possibly anime-influenced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I expected, a series instead of a sequel movie.

Boy, I'm glad to hear the old team of "Kim Possible" is back. Makes me wish the reboot would be here already. A crossover would be nice, if you ask me.

Well, officially, San Fransokyo doesn't exist in any Marvel Universe, just the classic San Francisco. However, it will be interesting to see some Marvel Heroes making appearances in this series. I think the first one should be Spider-Man, because he's the master of "team-ups". (Spidey has worked alongside everyone). The Avengers would be another good option.

You know, in the future KH-III, San Fransokyo will be on eof the worlds to appear in the game, following the events of the movie. I wonder if the series, will keep KH as cannon, but probably not. Kingdom Hearts even had a good idea for the villain, being Baymax's old body combined with the Microbots and his red chip into a Heartless monster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Between this and the Tangled series slated for Disney Channel, it's like the 90's all over again. Who's to say more future movies in the Disney Animation Canon won't get television series of their own?

Judging by this teaser image posted on Disney/BH6's social media sites, it seems that the show will be 2D (not unlike Tangled):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Active Member

Well I'm glad we're finally hearing something about Big Hero 6. It's been almost a year and a half since the movies release and it feels like neither Disney nor Marvel have done anything to capitalize on its success. Kids age quick and with nothing to hold them to the franchise they can lose interest quicker.

If Ultimate Spider-Man is still around, I'm sure we'll get a dimension hopping crossover sooner or later.

20. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

I think Big Hero 6 as a animated TV series is such a great idea as the show could expand from the movie giving more interactions upon the character, and exploring a bit from their world in San Fransokyo. Adding some action, and some humor thrown in.. and you have a series that has potential for an audience. But it's also nice seeing the team behind Kim Possible working on this.

Not too sure on Wreck-It-Ralph being an animated series at thought.. but I would be surprised. I think Zootopia would fit the bill for an animated series if it's a decent success in theatres.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #20 Sparkster24, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016