1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Beware the Batman" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

We haven't seen the animation yet.

2. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

We haven't seen the animation yet.

3. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

I am dying to know whose voicing Batman, I wonder if it will be someone new.

4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

6. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Now that is a great promo poster and it should've been the first image we saw of this show.

7. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I don't care who you are, that looks badass.

Along with Green Lantern calming my fears for CGi animation (for the most part, at least), I can safely say I'm on board with BtB. Bring it on, CN!

8. RoryWilliams

I was wondering if we'd get any cast confirmation today. Guess not. The promo image is still cool though!

9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

That's a very cool poster for the show. The designs are starting to grow on me a bit and I am looking forward to seeing more. I think this could be another great unique take on the Batman mythos so I'm anxious to see more.

10. spartanx54

spartanx54 Active Member

I gonna be honest with you guys...this dosen't look that bad. That poster is total BA. And the CGI in it looks surprisingly good.

11. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I gotta agree with everyone -- That image looks awesome! Batman's head doesn't look as insect-like as it did in the first picture we saw promoting the series. Still not the approach I would have liked to have seen done with the character, but I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what they do. Hopefully it will retain some dark elements and not be too kiddified or campy for my taste like Brave and the Bold was.

12. Riddler

Riddler Active Member

Finally, a little bit of new information and it looks great!! Makes me excited to see more. Interesting to learn that Murakami is producing the show.

13. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord Active Member

Nice poster.

If Murakami's involved, then I'm in. :D

14. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

People confusing character designs/art style with animation always annoys me but I realize people will always do it.

Wait did I just see Anarky on the list of villains Batman will be fighting in this series? YES I have been wanting to see Anarky animated for the longest time.

And yeah with that second poster Batman's design looks better then it did before.

#494 Dragnatek, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  15. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Anarky is cool, but personally I'd love to finally see Azrael. Hopefully he'll show up, too.

16. RoryWilliams

I'd especially like the Michael Lane version, since a crazed religious vigilante would be fun to see.

As for villains we've yet to see in previous animations, a few I can think of are:

Hush
    Nyssa Raatko
    Flamingo
    Absence
    Prometheus
    The Insect Girls

Actually I wonder if eventually they'll move past that "rule" (if you can call it that) and maybe use some characters who have appeared in past cartoons, but aren't that memorable. Maybe Maxie Zeus, Roxy Rocket and the like.

17. Gravitea

Gravitea Member

I love that poster as it used the green and black wonderfully with Batman's image. I also like this picture of Batman as well.

18. Bobbywoodhogan

Thats an awesome poster

Why when u click on the link though does it take you to news about Brave & the Bold?

On Beware the Batman I wish Magpie had been saved for a team up with Superman but then again she can always pop up again later.

Mod Note: Link fixed.

19. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Batman looks awesome...

Personally, I'm willing to give this show the benefit of the doubt and I applaud WB for being a little bolder with the Batman licence in animation. Let's face it... Batman has been done to death in animation the past 20 years and when you hit the heights of Batman: The Animated Series, its hard to keep going regardless.

The only thing that bugs me is I wish they wouldn't toss out an old idea and bring a new one in every 3 years. I loved Batman: The Brave and the Bold... and although it got 65 episodes, I still felt its life was too short. Let these things breathe WB. You could have morphed B:TBTB into an updated show (eg. JLU)

But hey...

-Cool title
    -Batman looks much better now
    -More obscure villians [​IMG]
    -Glen Murakami
    -Kurtwood Smith as Gordon

Things are looking good so far.

20. Bobbywoodhogan

I agree batb didn't last long enough another series would've rocked I wish we'd have gotten a JLA episode I hope James Tucker gets to do his dtv n does a JLA reunion. But at least it got more eps than Legion of Superheroes which deserved better.

On BtB I agree with your good points but I think after this one they shoud give Batman a break or at least do a Superman Batman team up show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.