"Beware the Batman" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest Administrator Moderator Reporter

Beware The Batman is the next animated series based on the iconic Caped Crusader, and will be swinging to Cartoon Network in 2013. The CGI-animated series is headlined by Glen Murakami. Details on the new series were confirmed by executive vice president for creative affairs at Warner Bros. Animation Sam Register in October 2011. Click here for further details.

[​IMG]
    Stay tuned for further updates.

Note: Thread updated on October 4th, 2011 with new confirmed information, including series title - 'Beware the Batman.'

2. Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle New Member

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1108206p1.html
    We all knew it was inevitable, when one Batman show ends another one starts. No crying about BATB in this topic please, its getting a 65 episode run which is the usual run and same that Teen Titans, JLU and The Batman got. The run feels shorter just because it got 26 episodes instead of 13 like the other shows mentioned.The new show will likely start in the fall of 2011 or in 2012 in time for the new Batman movie just like The Batman was for Begins and BATB was for TDK. So please NO complaining about Batman being overexposed and having a new Batman show, I mean if you're going to complain at least add something else to the topic besides just complaining.

So lets look back at the previous Batman shows:

BTAS: Batman has been active for a while - dark show.
    TNBA: Sequel to BTAS universe evolved, characters have aged.
    The Batman: lighter Batman cartoon though still a dark show Batman just started being active and he's a rookie.
    B:BATB: Very light campy show with superhero team ups.

So what should the new Batman cartoon be about?

Its been a while since BTAS should we get another darker Batman show? BATB just happened so no point in having another light interpretation. We already had rookie Batman too. What else can they do besides retreading ground?

How about a Bat-family show?
    Instead of beginning with Batman solo then Dick Robin etc like all the past Batman shows why not have it take place where Batman has been active for a while, Dick is already Nightwing, Babs as Batgirl already retired. Similar to TNBA except this isn't a sequel to a previous show. We would be able to see new interactions with characters and what not.

3. SaBaWoJuLe

SaBaWoJuLe New Member

Why no Superman? I know its been announced that we're getting All-Star Superman, the first solo Superman film since Superman Doomsday; but why no brand new Superman animated series?

That's what I think of, because starting TB&TB after TB was one thing, but if this is true, starting a new Batman show after TB&TB is just wrong. No point, and like I have said before; Batman is cool, but too much like right now makes me feel sick of it, and hungry for Superman more since he's been overshadowed. I mean we have Young Justice, which features the JLA in supporting roles. So JLA is covered, so please more Superman!

Superman! Superman!

4. GL's Light

GL's Light Keeper of the Green Flame

A Batman Family show is what I want to see, one with a serious tone, designs along the lines of Batman: Under the Red Hood, with an ensemble cast approach that includes the extended Bat Family: a veteran Batman, Nightwing, Robin/Tim Drake, Oracle, Batgirl/Cassandra Cain, Spoiler, Huntress, Batwoman, etc.

5. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

A Bat- Family show that involves Morrison's "Batman and Son" arc up until his recently announced "Batman, Inc."

Let's see an animated Damain Wayne.

6. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Member

Ya totally want a Bat-Family show instead of Batman specific centric. Robin/Nightwing/Batgirl/Oracle/Catwoman.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin' Moderator

According to Mr. Tucker's interview on a certain site that shall remain nameless, it seems that this show might be CGI like the Green Lantern series, which I'm sure will get some interesting reactions. I think it would be interesting to see a series that incorporates the entire Bat Family and that has a very modern comic feel similar to Under the Red Hood. It's been a few years since we've seen so many DC series planned to run on tv at the same time. With the DC Universe dtvs also going strong, DC is really dominating WB Animation right now.

8. Callonme

Callonme New Member

Could we see the start of a new...CGI DC Animated Universe?

9. GL's Light

GL's Light Keeper of the Green Flame

We'll probably see the start of CGI standalone DC shows. :p

I'm a little nervous about this move to CGI for DC shows. I hope they master the format and give us shows worthy of the DC legacy.

10. Dreyfus

Dreyfus New Member

But good CGI I hope.

11. Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle New Member

If its CG then it'll definitely be different, can't say I'm too excited that its CG but it is a nice change from seeing yet another normal batman character design.

12. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

My guess is that James Tucker's new show IS the CGI Green Lantern toon. Frankly I'm all Batman-ed out. In the past decade alone we've had Batman Beyond, The Batman and Batman: The Brave & The Bold! That's not even counting B:TAS, Bats being a regular on JLU all the DTVs. Oh and he's going to be an Important supporting character on Young Justice.

We've watched Batman go from dark and brooding to light and campy and everything in between. I really don't what's left to do with old Batsy.

13. Dreyfus

Dreyfus New Member

I don't think it is. He pretty much stated that it was a new Batman show. They're going to need something to go along with the next movie. This must be it.

EDIT: I wonder if Greenwood will be brought in. Maybe he takes up the role for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
  14. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

Ok.

Batman and the Outsiders: C'mon, Mr. Tucker. Get it made.

15. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Personally I think they've done early Batman to death and a Batman set in a semi-modern comics era would be something new and different.

That said just give me Dick as Nightwing and Babs as Oracle and I'll be happy. I'm malleable on who is Robin and Batgirl and I am not fussed.

I could ask for Cass Cain as Batgirl (or any role really) and Batwoman but I know I'd be pushing my luck.

16. SSJBatman

SSJBatman New Member

Yes. I want to see him D:
    I've fallen in love with Dick!Batman and Damian!Robin. The whole new Batfamily I've fell in love with, I don't know why. I'd love to see Damian in Animation some time soon.

THIS is what I want. I want Modern Comics Era Batman now. I think it's about time that we get it :(

I want Cass too D:

And Spoiler as well. Just cause I like Steph a lot, and I'd like to see some Steph/Tim Plot points in a few episodes or another

17. supergirl's pal

supergirl's pal Give us a SBFF Animated Series

I'd like to see Steph appear either as Spoiler or Batgirl.

18. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

This thread needs more negativity! ;)

Not really but I'm staring at my Justice League and The Batman DVDs and wondering since theres also a Young Justice cartoon if we could end up with Bat Embargo 2.0. and whether it will have any bearing on how the show ends up.

Of course they could just be rebranding The Brave & The Bold into The Brave & The Bold....& Elmyra (I'm also looking at Pinky & The Brain:D)

19. dtemplar

dtemplar Old School Professor Reporter

That's exactly what the next Batman toon should be. Among the Outsiders mentioned, Black Lightning, Kitana, Halo, Geo Force, Looker, and Metamorpho.

20. KillerMoth

KillerMoth New Member

2 options as far as I see that simply MUST be made;

1. Dennis O'Neill/Englehart Batman. The Batman who is much more of a scientist and an adventurer, who travels the Earth and Ra's Al Ghul is his greatest enemy. Hugo Strange is also one of his greatest enemies, and while being dark, Batman himself is on pretty good terms consistently with his allies. Dark blue suit as well.

2. The one I'd prefer however, is a modern DC. No Damian yet, I'd much rather Time Drake, Steph, Cass Cain, Oracle, Steph, Huntress, Steph etc.
    Defintiely Spoiler in my book, though I like her as Batgirl I think she works better as her "own" identity that can work alongside Batman and Robin, but she still owns it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.