Best way to get extra memory for Wii U?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by wonderfly, Sep 18, 2017.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I've finally run out of room on my Wii U for new games. I understand you can put in extra memory...what do you all recommend? What's the best way to go about it, so that I can add on more games?

2. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Due to the age of Nintendo's support article, a number of these drives may not be available. The important thing to take note of in the article though is the power source.
    Make sure any drive you get has external power and is not USB-powered or it will likely have problems with the WiiU.

Personally I bought one of these and popped in my own spare laptop hard drive I had laying around (you could pair up yours with a drive like this one, which would be plenty enough for your WiiU needs probably). It isn't externally-powered like the recommendation states, so I bought this USB hub to go with it. It is externally powered, so it meets the qualification and I can also plug in additional USB stuff to my WiiU without running out of ports. I only have the USB to GameCube adapter Nintendo sold with Smash Bros for WiiU to add to it, but I figured it was handy in case of other needs.