1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Best show on Nickelodeon

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Brandon Pierce, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

> Now wouldn't be nice if CARTOON NETWORK could make very good cartoon programs such as this one? Eh, Doubt it very much! <

IMO they already have, at least twice (see my post under the Favorite CN Shows thread.)

#21 Sharklady, Sep 18, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2001
  2. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

My favorite shows that airs on Nickelodeon? Let's see...:

The Angry Beavers (though I'm not as thrilled with some of the latter episodes they made....they seemed to had switched to an emphasis on "bathroom" humor a bit much....). "Food of the Clods" is pretty hilarious...

Rugrats (saw the "Rugrats in Paris" movie a month or two ago). Favorite episode would be the one with the flashback to Stu and Drew's infancy in the late 50's, with their trying to watch "Blocky and Oxwinkle"...

Won't add A! or PatB to this list, and I've never seen "Spongebob Squarepants"....

I'll also add: "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". I know, it's actually Nick At Nite, but still figured it's worth including overall for being on the channel :)

-B.

3. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

All the live action shows from the late 80s/early 90s ruled, such as "You Can't Do That on Television", "Salute Your Shorts", "Welcome Freshmen", "Clarissa Explains it All," etc...

I haven't really watched Nick lately, because just about every show I see on it I couldn't stand. That X-Treme sports show(don't know what it's called), the monkey show, the new Rugrats eps (even tho I wanted new eps so badly a couple years ago, I can't stomach the show now). I hate CatDog and the Beavers, too.

I really liked the original NickToons. Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy. THey were all great. Rocko's Modern Life was great too. David the Gnome (Nick, Jr.) was highly enjoyable. And they used to air Muppet Babies every day. Loved that show when I was little.

4. Flying Grayson

Flying Grayson Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet

A N G R Y B E A V E R S

It was the best, why did they stop making new episodes?

5. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

Oh,Brandon Pierce can give you a better story, but a long one short:

Arlene Klasky was jealous of TAB, and generally convinced Herb Scannel it was too violent, thus getting some stuff banned. She also tried pushing Rugrats up, and it worked-they got a movie, and the attention on TAB faded...Klasky also insulted and degraded the show whenever she could.

Pierce can tell it better....

6. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

Really? I'd like to hear it in depth myself. Considering it was one of the only shows I liked back in the day.

7. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

This thread is old, but I really had to post in it. My favorites would have to be Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and SpongeBob Squarepants. I don't really like the other shows on MTV Jr., I mean Nick, that much. I'll occasionally watch something else like THE FAIRLY ODDPARENTS or INVADER ZIM, but I find the rest of Nick's show boring or just not funny. Good thing I have at least two tapes full of R&S from 2000's summer... BTW, Rocko is still on, but at a horrible time, 6:30AM...:mad:

-Thad:D

8. ChuckRoast

ChuckRoast Survivng After the Battle

"Arlene Klasky was jealous of TAB, and generally convinced Herb Scannel it was too violent, thus getting some stuff banned. She also tried pushing Rugrats up, and it worked-they got a movie, and the attention on TAB faded...Klasky also insulted and degraded the show whenever she could. "

Is that true? Now I have truly lost repect for Klasky-Csupo. :mad:

9. Killtacular

Killtacular the race wars had begun

But as far as I know, Angry Beavers is still in production through Season 6. The problem is that their seasons are often only 6-7 episodes each. The new episodes are shown very infrequently on the network, in the wee morning, but look for them.

YTV also airs the new stuff much faster than Nick does.