1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best show on Nickelodeon

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Brandon Pierce, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Brandon Pierce

Brandon Pierce Summer Glau Fanatic

Well, after the Pinky & the Brain accident @ Nick (which I doubt was an accident) and the Animainiacs screw-up, the horrible butchering of Ren & Stimpy, and The Angry Beavers, and also letting Tommy Pickles get away with pretending his pop gun is a real gun, it all comes down to it, Nickelodeon is the wrost channel EVER!
    BUT! ....
    what is the BEST show on Nickelodeon?
    In my opinion the best Nick show is...
    THE ANGRY BEAVERS!!!
    Among other shows I like, or tolerate, are Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and Invader Zim. The rest of the shows aren't worth watching AT ALL! Unless your desperate for something to watch.

-Brandon "Never smile at a crocodile" Pierce

2. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

The Fairly Oddparents are gold. It's one of Nick's best shows in a long time, and has enough zaniness to keep it fresh for a long while...
    The Angry Beavers are excellent as well, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Anything from Klasky-Csuspo is junk nowadays. Everything else is good, I guess, but TAB and TFO are the best shows...

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Angry Beavers is good stuff. And I'll agree that Klasky-Csupo needs some shaking up... all their new shows are too formulaic, and their "house" style gets more hideous all the time. If you think the designs on their teen show (whose name I forget) are ugly, you should have seen the ads for the McDonald's videos they did...

4. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

I'd say--

--a toss-up between The Angry Beavers and Spongebob Squarepants (Squidward's whining, morose Ned Sparks intonations always get me) . I got bored with Rugrats after it just got too saccharine to take...E.G. Daily's a lot more platable in The Power Puff Girls, IMO (she said in an interview once that there's a little bit of Buttercup in her when she's...well...feeling not so fresh, so to speak....) ;)

5. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

In production? Dat would be SpongeBob Squarepants, Bob.

Out, Animaniacs still conquers all.

6. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Rugrats still hits high on my list...and I also enjoy Hey Arnold! .....

Animaniacs also.. :)

-BB

7. Dante Bunny

Dante Bunny PK ROCKIN!!!

Animaniacs
    Pinky and the Brain
    Fairly Oddparents
    Invader Zim
    Keenan and Kel
    Spongebob Squarepants

I still a CN fan, I watch Nick sometimes!:D

8. BourgeoisBuffoon

Crud. I forgot HEY ARNOLD and SPOGEBOB SQUAREPANTS. Arnold's show has really given a lotta life to all the characters, and yet still keeps humor. That's a very difficult task to achieve and it's done it dozens of times!

SBSP gets my vote primarily for The Krusty Krab and Mr. Krab-any moment with him is gueranteed to be gold! :D

Keenan and Kel were always watched by me when I was younger, and I still think it's good, but I really don't spend my Sunday afternoons watching it on Teen Nick...

9. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

Nick originals - animation:

The Angry Beavers
    Hey Arnold!
    Spongebob Squarepants
    Kablam! (primarily for Action League Now!)
    Invader ZIM (it took me a while to warm up to it)
    The Fairly Oddparents
    Rugrats (1991-93 eps only)
    Pelswick
    Rocko's Modern Life

live-action:

Kenan and Kel

shows I wish were back on:

Salute Your Shorts
    Welcome Freshmen
    Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    Roundhouse
    Ren and Stimpy

Though I love the show, I won't list "Animaniacs". Check the quote-unquote "opening" for my reasons.

10. TuffyCatt

TuffyCatt Half Kneazle

The Fairly Oddparents and Rugrats are probably my favorites right now. On some of the other shows...it depends on the mood I'm in.

I also like The Wild Thornberrys, because I really like animals (my parents are veterinarians) and I've always wanted to be able to talk to them..kinda corny, I know, but I still like the show.:)

11. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

Other than whatever they get from KWB --- emasculated openings & closings notwithstanding --- I'd say The Fairly Oddparents & Invader Zim. And I can tolerate Rugrats. The rest I just don't get, & I have given them a chance. All a matter of taste.

12. robert

robert Member

Nick faves

Fairly Oddparents
    Spongebob Squarepants
    Invader Zim{though at times it's a bit violent for the really young ones}
    Rugrats, though I've been, well, Rugratted out for a while- only so many marathons of one show you can take
    Hey Arnold, mainly for the crazy as a loon bully Helga Pataki
    Wild Thornberrys, Catdog, and Doug I am on the fence about.
    Rocket Power I really don't like, as well as the Nick themed PatB and A! openings
    The rest I don't watch.

13. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

Showing right now? Quite honestly, I hate everything on that network.

14. Danielle

Danielle Active Member

Ditto. They're kinda going for, well, I'm not *sure* what they're going for.

D*sney, meanwhile, is only going out for the "kewl awesome" kinda teenagers (recently saw the D*sney channel original movie 'The Poof Point', which does prove my point merely with the name 'Urban Slugs')

15. BourgeoisBuffoon

Actually, a lot of networks are trying to aim for teens. I suspect it's because most fans are finally growing up, and most won't be like us and stay with toons forever....thus what with "Teen Nick" and this new Disney plan...

...but that's another lame theory from me.:rolleyes:

16. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

INVADER ZIM has been temporarily bumped off Nickelodeon. Darn shame too - it's one of their best most innovative shows.

17. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

i know! that pissed me off so much when another episode of fairly odd parents came on in its place. thats the only hour i wach on nick, fairly odd parents and invader zim, both great show. i think every thing else sucks. whyd they bump zim? thats one of my favorite shows! come on!

spunge bob aint that bad though. i want my zim!

18. PorkyandDaffy

PorkyandDaffy The zaniest half-pig half-duck

I vote for Ren and Stimpy. I can’t believe it didn’t get many other votes. I hate Nickelodeon, and in my opinion, the only other good cartoon they had other than R&S is Rocko’s Modern Life.

To those of you non-TTTP-ers who are wondering who I am, I never really post at this forum, but I read here occasionally and I just had to vote in this thread.

19. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

The only things I really watch on N! are Animaniacs and SpongeBob... more than I usually watch on that channel, actually, but I've don't set time off to watch them. If they're on and I'm flipping the channels... But I watch a bit of Toon Disney, History Channel, and Travel Channel too...

20. Nelson

Nelson KrAzY KaT has been found

Cleary the best cartoon on Nick, is....

THE ANGY BEAVERS :mad: :mad:

Now wouldn't be nice if CARTOON NETWORK could make very good cartoon programs such as this one? Eh, Doubt it very much!