"Best of CN" A new block premiering Friday March 30th at 8:00pm

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by TheCtes, Mar 16, 2012.

1. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Shows confirmed to air on this block:

Camp Lazlo
    Chowder
    Codename: Kids Next Door
    Courage the Cowardly Dog Show
    Cow and Chicken
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Ed, Edd n Eddy
    Evil Con Carne
    Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends
    The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
    I Am Weasel
    Johnny Bravo
    The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
    My Gym Partner os a Monkey
    The Powerpuff Girls

So yeah, this was certainly unexpected all of a sudden, but I think it's a great thing for friday nights honestly. Star Wars was doing decently, but it was easy to see it suffered from time to time, and that CN needed somehing else to compete with Nick and Disney here. Personally I thought of another movie night, but I think this is a really great idea. I think it's a much better idea than having Star Wars reruns and a second Ninjago rerun the sae night.

So what do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Stimpy!

Stimpy! Big Dog FTW

I'm glad that CN US is doing this, I'm sure that a lot of people here will be happy to see Foster's Home again. Five old shows with no commercials break sounds pretty good. Now I wonder, are they doing this for their 20th anniversary? Anyways, those are good news, I hope they could do some schedule changes sometimes.

3. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

Is there a source for this?

4. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

5. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

This is surprisin, yet unexpected from me to see. a Action block to be replaced by a (sort of...) 90sATT style block? I cant wait for it. :) But yet, CN is makin a nice move to blend both old and new to its line-up. :)

6. BlooMac

BlooMac Rickbranded

WOW! :eek: Totally unexpected! Glad that CN has not forgotten about their older shows! It's good they didn't waste Friday night with reruns of shows that already have plenty of slots. Can't wait to see it!:anime:

@TheCtes Actually, there is room for breaks. Dexter, JB and C&C are 7 minutes per segment and Foster's (talking about this episode) and PPG are 10 minutes. So all of this will fit in 1 hour and there'll still be time for breaks.

7. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

Yay! That's pretty exciting =D

I am going to enjoy this while it lasts.... Funny... I never thought CCF allumni would make up the first Friday Night comedy block we've had in a while.

Speculating here, but are the theme songs going to be removed in favor of one "Best of CN" theme?

8. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

Well i can see some old and new in it.. If this is what we can see.

But anyways... Any predictions for shows to be on The Best of CN as random picks? The 5 we see is confirmed. And many more can be on it. But let me see if i can predict to see on it eventually as random picks?

9. chdr

chdr New Member

Woah! :eek:

While it's a bummer that action's been all but shunted off of primetime, I'm glad to see that CN finally got the picture and stopped putting it on such a competitive night (I really hope they move it all to Wednesdays instead of keeping it on Saturday mornings). Hopefully this does as well as The 90's are All That did for Teenick.

10. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Wedensday night would be a bad idea because Ninjago is doing incredibly good there. I believe Thursday night would be the best choice.

11. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

Interesting to see whats essentially a CCF revival of sorts. I like the idea and I'll definitely check it out. I wonder how long it'll last.

12. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

I spit all my soda out on my keyboard when I heard about this. NICE! :D ABOUT TIME TOO!

If they get a lot of viewers, maybe we can expect a full time return. ;)

13. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

EEnE would probably be there too, if it wasn't already on the channel. KND and Courage could've too, but they've aired recently. But who who knows? Maybe they'll be there on another day.

14. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

You said there was Foster's planned to schedule on the first night, so I'm guessing there could be Billy/Mandy also for one week or another.

BTW, it'll be a real treat to see shows like Sheep in the Big City, Megas XLR and Time Squad, which haven't been shown in years, but that's doubtful. Would be amazing to see though! :)

15. Jazz

Jazz Member

I was just talking about this kind of thing with some people, how convenient! :D. And that's a good set of episodes to start with, very impressive. Hoping they bring out the stuff they haven't shown in years, but aren't we all? Cow and Chicken is very interesting to use, sure they've played it in the recent past, but still it's great to see it on other than Boomerang.

16. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Wow a topic about scheduling that doesn't turn out to be a misleading title/wishful thinking.

Quite a pleasant surprise! I'm looking forward to this new block. Hopefully the ratings are good enough for it to keep going.

17. Kindness King

Kindness King New Member

So Cartoon Cartoon Fridays is back sort of, huh? This is really awesome news. :cool: For everyone that wanted to know why they haven't been airing Foster's for a while, this is why. This seems like their answer to Nick's 90's Are All That block. Sure hope it does well enough to last a while.

I wonder if this means that Clone Wars will premiere new episodes on Saturdays when it comes back. Wouldn't be that bad an idea.

18. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

This is absolutely fantastic. BY FAR the most excited I've been about anything CN related in years.

Can't wait.

19. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

ThunderCats is taking its slot there though. It'd be weird to see them change all the time. Star Wars can do great in an evening slot. I just wonder where, it shouldn't be alone on a night.

20. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Active Member

Vegeta, what's the scouter say about Cartoon Network's nostalgia levels? IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!.....

Had to be said, I can't wait to see comedies on Friday nights again.