1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best 'Batman: The Animated Series' Poll #8

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Mar 25, 2002.

?

Pick the Best!

1. The Terrible Trio

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Harlequinade

41 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Time out of Joint

7 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. Catwalk

9 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Bane

16 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Babydoll

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  7. The Lion and the Unicorn

7 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Showdown

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Riddler's Reform

13 vote(s)
    8.6%
  10. Second Chance

50 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. jm5150bc

jm5150bc Member

I have to say... this one may have been the hardest one for me yet !! 3 Top 10 shows here, easily, so I have to agree with Randy H above that maybe this isn't the best way to come up with the definitive best shows-

Anyway, I narrowed it down to:

Second Chance
    Catwalk
    Harleyquinnade

and had to go with CATWALK, even though SECOND CHANCE is probably the better story. Something about CATWALK that I just LOVED. The Batman / Catwoman dynamic, great animation (especially that "Flashback" fighting scene), and Selina mocking Scarface... LOVED this episode !!

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Dude, I, of course, went with SECOND CHANCE. It's easily the best of the bunch here.

RIDDLER'S REFORM and CATWALK were the only other ones I really liked in this bunch. BANE and SHOWDOWN had their own share of good moments, too.

Why HARLEQUINADE is getting so many votes, I'll never understand. That episode, especially the ending, was gawd-awful; ugh, I can't stand how Paul Dini wrote that bomb of a script. (He made up for it with HARLEY'S HOLIDAY, though, which is my choice on the next poll.)

:) Sorry, I went on a rant there. I just remember watching that episode for the first time when I was 14 or 15 and thought, "man, the Joker aspect of this episode is too corny and Harley isn't even that screwy". I dunno. I'm really tough on Dini's Joker/Harley scripts. :p

-Tim

3. Mattashell

Mattashell Before punk,there were NUGGETS

4. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

I came thiiiiiiis close to voting for Baby Doll (which had one of the best endings of any BTAS episode), but Time Out of Joint was just so much fun to watch.

5. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"You can play all you like. You and I both know that I'm going to put you away because you can't help yourself. You can't stop. And I'll be waiting." -Batman to The Riddler, Riddler's Reform

I think one of the reasons I voted for Riddler's Reform is since I just saw it again on CN this past week. (In retrospect I wish I would've voted for Second Chance, but it's too late now. :( ) "Reform" is a great episode and may very well be the best Riddler one. I love how Batman beat Nygma at his own game, and his rant in Arkham after Batman won't tell him how he escaped.

"It's impossible, I tell you! Impossible! My trap was perfect! How did he do it!? I have to know! Somebody tell me! It's not fair! There was no way, I tell you! No way he could have gotten out! Somebody tell me! Do you hear me!? Somebody tell me how he did it! I have to know! I have to know-w-w-w-w!" -The Riddler, Riddler's Reform

6. Mr. Unspeakable

Mr. Unspeakable The Watermelon Monster

I voted for "Time out of joint" because the whole time I watched that episode, I thought, "I WANT one of those time distorters."

7. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

Heh. So far no one has voted for "The Terrible Trio." :rolleyes:

"Harlequinade", "Bane", "Riddler's Reform", & "Second Chance" are the only choices I even liked from this round, with "Harlequinade" being my favorite of the bunch.

8. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

Who doesn't?

9. Goop

Goop Member

I Voted for Riddler's Reform. I love the feel of it. The Riddler along with th Mad Hatter is my bad guy on Batman. I allso love the Terrible Trio and Second Chance but Reform gets my vot in the end.

10. blee337

blee337 Shoot the Core!!!!

I voted for The Lion and the Unicorn. I really liked seeing more into Alfred. I really would love to see more Batman Beyond revelations on what happened to old Alfred and some of the other TAS characters.

11. Theking

Theking Very cute Lego Babe.

Amen to that, I liked knowing what happened to Barbara.\
    But what happened to some of the old villians - Bruce is still around so where are they?
    Alfred would be a good one to know the history, maybe there is a rose being placed somewhere for him also.

TheKing

12. Harley Fan

Harley Fan Guest

Harlequinade - my favorite HQ episode of all time!

Harley: "Oh Batgirl, eat your heart out!" :D

13. Anubis C. Soundwave

Anubis C. Soundwave Ruler of the World

Number One x 2

Second Chance. An actual mystery, interrogation, Batman as detective...and friend.

My runner-up: Showdown, an unorthodox Ra's story. And until recently, I had thought Hex was a character the boys at WB Animation made up.

But...SC was the best of the list.

14. Meow

Meow Feeling nostalgic

Harlequinade get's my vote hands down. Although "Second Chance" and "Riddler's Reform", are great epsidoes I just had to go with Harlequinade. That episode has got to be one of my all time favorites. I hope it wins. It looks like it may be a close one. :(

15. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

I voted for "Second Chance". I actually don't really remember it that well, and I have no clue about why the hell I voted for it, other than that I just seem to remember it being a really great episode.

See ya!
    Blight

16. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Blight my friend, bless you for your good memory. :)

;-Y

(That's a Two-Face smiley.)

-Tim

17. dark knight acolyte

dark knight acolyte Deep in the Shadows of Gotham

The Harvey Dent tradedy is always hard for me to overlook. It's so powerful, and anytime it is used well, it plays the strings of my heart.

I like the relationship of Two-Face and Bruce Wayne as its portrayed in the episode. The suspense is good, the story flows well and it keeps you wondering.

Honorable mentions include Harley, Time Out of Joint, and my runner-up, Showdown...(watch it again sometime soon for those who have it....its well written yet simple, and the animation is stifling).

But, for the record, I'm going with Second Chance

18. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I went ahead and broke down and voted for Second Chance. I was torn between it and Harleyquinade, but voted for the Twoface episode.

This is the first time I've participated in these polls, and I must say the voting looks tough.

19. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

hmm we need more votes...

Come on people, vote for Second Chance!! :)

20. dark knight acolyte

dark knight acolyte Deep in the Shadows of Gotham

If you think its the best, fine.....BUT.....

NO SYMPATHY VOTES FOR TERRIBLE TRIO

Me-thinks my evil side wants to see a 0.