1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ben 10 (2016 Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gold Guy, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I'll give the episode "Villain Time" this much, it does have a decent moral, one which even this version of Ben learns, that and it shows how much range Travis Willingham's got, I'd be surprised if he's just as ranged as Dee Bradley Baker.

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well Moringstar is in this series, his origin this time, he is some kind of alien vampire that sucks on people's admiration for him.

I have yet to see my girl Charmcaster in this, has she appeared yet, not only is she awesome, but hoping when she appears that finally get some powers and gets to keep them.

3. EdCNPowerpuffDrama

EdCNPowerpuffDrama Active Member

Why is Frightwig a kid in this? Also, where are her partners? Have yet to see the episode where she appears, but i've seen images of her. I hope they will explain this in the episode.

I've seen 7 episode of this reboot so far, and it's alright. It has the humor of the original series, the action is still there and the characters are still pretty likeable. However, i'm not a fan of the animation, nor the new character designs. (The original series made Ben and Gwen look like 14 years olds. This reboot makes them look like 7 years olds.) Overall, I consider this pretty overhated. I hope people will give it a chance and not judge it based on how it looks.

4. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

De aging of characters, maybe they did the same for Charmcaster. Making her and Gwen around the same age would be cool, but at the same time hearing Kari's kid voice she might sound more Chloe Carmichael than the old Charmcaster, or god help us sound more like Amanda Killman.

5. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

Just saw a promo during PPG 2016, it will premiere in April. I think they'll air a new episode every day that month.

6. Action!

Action! Active Member

I've been seeing promos for Ben 10. I'll watch it.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's nice that the show will finally have a premiere date. I certainly don't plan on watching the whole series like I've done with most of the other Ben 10 series. After Omniverse, I don't have much interest in the Ben 10 franchise anymore. Although, I still give them credit for going to reboot direction. While it's kind of early to do that when kids watching the channel would still be familiar with Ben 10, it still makes more sense to go back to kid Ben instead of figuring out another way to continue with that mess of a continuity.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Much like the other Ben 10 shows they weren't that good when it came to the audience perception of them, honestly I think that now this reboot isn't that bad in comparison to some others.

9. CNFan996

CNFan996 Banned

I honestly don't like this

10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

It premieres April 10 at 5 P.M.

11. LincBubbles

LincBubbles A large Loud House fan

Hmm... I wonder if it's going to be in a Bomb format, or if it's going to be on the Thursday/Friday Party block after it's premiere...

12. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

This show is going to fail in ratings in the US, not only since every episode is available to view online but the time slot is very early and Nickelodeon is airing new Loud House episodes that week at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

5PM that surely is a bad time for obvious reasons. Even then its another reboot of a franchise that already had mixed reception with the other ones. Things aren't looking good already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The next new episodes were great/enjoyable while seeing two great classic villains,

Cool seeing Frightwig and Michael Morningstar, Michael an energy vampire was cool, Frightwig solo was great/interesting, but making her a child is strange, but I do like Child Frightwig more though who's a very entertaining/enjoyable psychotic brat:D.I'll enjoy seeing Kid Kevin, Argit, and Charmcaster coming soon, if Charmcaster has the same age as Reboot Kid Gwen, that will be cool.

Both Tim Bukto, The Tri Chef Ta, and Xingo were great/enjoyable reboot villains, cool with Tom Kenny/Gregory Cipes playing the reboot villain roles as the samurai chef/Xingo:D.

It premieres in April 2017, sweet, I'll enjoy seeing the episodes again, Cartoon Network loves showing the reboots every April, hehehe, I get a feeling they'll make another reboot.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #454 Radical, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  15. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

OK, this is really starting to get out of hand.....

Ben 10 currently has an IMDb rating of 2.1
    , which is probably the second worst IMDb rating for a CN show next to The Problem Solverz (which as a 1.9 rating).

Like, come on! The series hasn't even premiered in the US yet.

16. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

All of this is coming from those from the original Ben 10 (or Omniverse) fans, remember, this is similar to how the Original TT fans did against TTG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if the backlash to the new Ben 10 series is quite on the level of TTG. Most of the reactions I've heard for the series are mixed or just think it's okay. The backlash for TTG was pretty intense right off the bat by comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It might be a little to fast to say anything, but I think that given the franchise and other factors it would be a miracle to see this number go above 5 out of 10. I feel like it has a chance, but again some things tell me that it is going to be a hard one.

19. EdCNPowerpuffDrama

EdCNPowerpuffDrama Active Member

I don't think Imdb ratings really matter right now. For starters, most people who use Imdb are adults, and the network doesn't really care about adults, they care about the kids more. If kids could use imdb, Teen Titans GO would have a rating of 7,9 at least. Second, only 228 people rated the show. That's incredibly low.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

These kids will eventually start using IMDB when they're older and the rating will go up.

Just look at The Little Mermaid TV Series and Legend of Tarzan. Those pieces of garbage got 6.8 and 6.9 respectively. Fortunately Tarzan and Jane got 5.3 because more adults actually bother to rewatch movies. (but it's the same freaking thing so both should have the same rating)