BBSM! (Bring Back Sailor Moon) !

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by Buttercup, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Buttercup

Buttercup New Member

Toonami should bring back Sailor Moon. I loved that show and I really miss it

2. WingZombie38

WingZombie38 Deeply in love with Megatron

I miss Sailor Moon too. But, I doubt it will be picked up again. I would get the DVD's if I had the money... :( Until then, I find other things to do.

I also would say that if you put "Toonami should..." then maybe, it's a talk to be had on the Toonami forum.

3. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Having a bad feather day

I want to see her come back, too...But in ADV's uncut version, with all lost episodes intact. And I really want to see what DiC didn't want us to see.
    (I've only seen one of the "lost" episodes,
    ).

PeppeRaskell1
    "We should all get to see what we're missing..."

4. DarkMaster

DarkMaster New Member

re:

she won in the toonami poll they've been conducting for weeks on toonami's website. this weeks poll is igpx related. So i know CN still must have rights if they put it in the poll.

5. Jaguar

Jaguar Cogito ergo doleum

I thought CN lost the rights last March or so?

6. Alaskanbullworm

Alaskanbullworm Looks like I'm back!

Off to Toonami land you go.

7. William C. Maune

William C. Maune TZ News Editor in Chief

I don't believe having the rights to something has anything to do with the poll. I can make a poll involving Sailor Moon even though I don't have the rights to Sailor Moon.

8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

SM got a really good and long run on Toonami before they finally pulled it. Quite frankly, I'd only want it back if they had worked out something with airing Sailor Stars (not holding my breath).

Sailor Moon R=overplayed
    Sailor Moon S=As epic as SM ever got. Got a good run, but is worth seeing again (well, not 90% of the filler...)
    Sailor Moon SuperS=crap I never want to live through again
    Sailor Moon Movies=played twice. They could very well return, IMO, if they bring back the movie specials, which they seem to do on an almost annual basis.

In short it'd be nice to see S again, but I think the rest with the exception of the movies is pretty tired material.

But hey, there's always the uncut box sets....on that note, forgive my ignorace, but how much could possibly be cut out from a lightweight show like Sailor Moon? Is uncut SM really that much of a bonus?

9. Neo-Era

Neo-Era The power of ∀ compels you!

All they have to do to revive interest is: make a new animated series, have it star five short, skinny bishounen, make sure the opening songs are easily marketable dance pop, and insert the words "New", "Report", and "Wing" into the title somewhere (in this case, "New Bishounen Report Sailor Wing"). Abracadabra. Ala peanut butter sandwiches. An instant hit is made.

This can be done with any musty anime franchise, in fact. I'm surprised more studios haven't figured this out yet.

10. TylerL

TylerL You're right...it IS easy!

11. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

I wouldn't mind seeing it again on Toonami. Considering I missed most of S and Super S during there first runs.

12. Supernovametalstar

Supernovametalstar New Member

Overplayed for those who had CN back when it was airing. My cable company didn't pick the channel up until SS came along.

I don't think they did, since they started replaying the series from the beginning during this past summer. What I'm peeved about is that they never finished it. I'm still thinking about getting the complete 1st season box set. At least I have that option when it comes to this show.

13. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

From what I seen uncut and from I have read in some websites i can summarize a little bit.

DIC Damaged the whole queen Barol saga.. and they recommodated the cars. They go on the Oposite site that you see them!
    From the Rini saga on ahead they din't edited taht much.

Cloverway dub(S AND ss)
    Death Busters- Heart snatchers(Sounds better doesnt it?)
    Sacred cup/Holy Grail- Purity Chalice
    Amara and Michelle are lesb.... NOT COUSINS.
    In the ep of the tea ceremony the Monster called eugil a *****..
    Mesiah - Ambassador of good,.
    Dead Scream- Pluto Deadly scream.
    Messiah of silence- Soveirgn of silence.

*I'm gettin tired of S let's move to SS

SS:
    *the villian with the blue hair is a MAN not a WOMAN.
    * The Main Villian is a WOMAN as well.
    *In the ep where "Diana" appears The Nun talks about god to that man. not about weddings and all that ****.

I'm tired I'm not doin the edit list on the movies

14. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

Last I heard, CN lost the rights to the original Sailor Moon and SMR but still have the rights to S and Super S and the 3 movies. The first two seasons still air in syndication in certain parts of the country.

15. Gary L Thompson

Gary L Thompson New Member

Any chance ADV might show it on the Anime Channel sometime?

Or maybe allow it to be shown on the International Channel (only network I know of that doesn't necessarily object to subtitled programming).

P.S.--I would like to see Sailor Moon to come back. But not on Toonami, which always does too much cutting. I'd like to see it aired daily from the first DIC episode to the final Sailor Moon Super S episode, with the Cloverway titles finally intact.

16. kaine23

kaine23 Gurren Brigade member

I've only seen the missing Minako ep, and that was fansubbed.

17. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five

Toonami... does too much cutting?

Please, tell me what Toonami cut.

18. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Having a bad feather day

"Damaged" doesn't cover half of it. Making Zoisite a girl instead of a guy (and a very effeminate, bishonen one at that), combining the two concluding eps into one, and eliminating five or six episodes (most of them pivotal ones).

Looking forward to finally seeing them, as I've rented Discs 1 and 3, which I'll be getting in the mail this week.

PeppeRaskell1
    "One Who Invests $19.95/month to Avoid Hundreds of $$$ of Disappointment..."

19. Gary L Thompson

Gary L Thompson New Member

When did we see the intro to the Cloverway epsiodes? Just a one-week glimpse on the WB Toonami. Just like we never saw the Kenshin opening until they shifted it to Saturday night. Of course we could have seen all the Cloverway episodes without Toonami's trimmings the last time Sailor Moon ran on Toonami, but of course some idiot somewhere in the Time-Warner executive suites cut it short long before the series could get that far....

20. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five

The Cloverway intro aired once... and so, Toonami: Digital Arsenal has it.

You keep on saying trimmingS. Toonami cut the intro like nearly everything else, and since it's readily avaialble on the interent, DVD, VHS, and even aired once... it's a moot point. What else did Toonami trim?