"Batman vs. Two-Face (Batman '66)" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Maybe you can remind me. I'm having trouble remembering which of these movies was released under the Warner Premiere label instead of DC Universe Animated Original Movie. Was it the first part of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns? I only possess the combined deluxe edition now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #101 Otaku-sempai, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's not much but I found this post on Instagram by Ruben Procopio mentioning he did storyboards for this (I'm not sure but he might have worked on the first one as well), and also reveals that Wally Wingert again did some voices.

3. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

I don't think it really matters what banner it has.

Your average consumer isn't likely to either notice or care. I've collected every DC animated movie so far, and even I don't care what it says at the top. I do like the fact that since Justice League: War they've all matched on the spine though. I do love a matching set if I'm honest, and was disappointed that Vixen: The Movie didn't look like the others (would have been cool to have her on the spine).

I see Target is getting a steelbook release. I do wish they were easier/cheaper to get hold of in the UK. We've only had Batman: The Killing Joke, Justice League Vs. Teen Titans and Batman and Harley Quinn (forthcoming).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Otaku-sempai

The point is that the DC Classics imprint could have given us more animated DC movies than just the DC Universe label alone. As it stands, we are seemingly now getting Batman vs. Two-Face as a bonus DC Universe movie for 2017. If it had not started out as a DC Classics film then we might not have it at all.

EDIT, 8/4: Sorry, my mistake; I thought that Batman vs. Two-Face had been placed under the DC Universe banner. It looks like the DC Classic line has simply been renamed DC Animation Original Movie. I can understand that; DC Classics sounds like a label for re-releases of old material.

• Like Like x 1
    #104 Otaku-sempai, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They had DC Comics Premiere Movie for Superman vs. The Elite only. Everything else in the line is DC Universe.

Warner Premiere was used until Flashpoint Paradox( I'm 99% positive) in concert with DC Universe Animated Original Movie. Then on it was that new DC Entertainment/DC Comics label.

Yes, Procopio did board on the first one, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Why would this be considered a DC Universe movie if the banner says DC Animation Original Movie where Batman and Harley Quinn says DC Universe Original Movie?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Return of the Caped Crusaders seemed to be a poor seller both in theatres and on home video, despite it's positive reception (although its worth noting the die-hard '66 fans weren't all that thrilled with it).

I doubt Fathom would make any effort to give this a theatrical release and the sales may have soured WB on a potential 'classic' line. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Otaku-sempai

Yes, thanks. DC Comics Premiere Movie was the seemingly aborted rebrand.

I see what you mean: the banner is DC Animation Original Movie. I did not glom onto that at first! So this may just be a rebrand for the DC Classic Original Movie line that has no impact on the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Maybe someone upstairs decided that DC Classics would confuse consumers who might think they were seeing a re-issue.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I randomly found this post on Instagram which might contain a screenshot from the movie, featuring Two-Face's twins. The account apparently belongs to someone involved in the dubbed version of the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Otaku-sempai

Apparently I cannot access instagram. Dubbed into what? English would, I assume, be the default.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Of course Two-Face would have twin henchmen but you'd think they'd come up with more clever names for them :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it's Batman '66 here. The nomenclature wasn't very deep. Look at Riddler's - Up, Down - I believe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Can you see this now?

The movie is dubbed into Spanish as far as I can tell.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Otaku-sempai

Much better; thanks! The problem with the link might be in my settings. Given the fractured nature of Dent's psyche, I almost think it would make more sense for him to hire fraternal twins as henchpersons, rather than identical twins. Not that fraternal twins can't bear a close resemblance to each other as well.

A Spanish dub makes sense in context.

EDIT, 8/7: Best Buy also has Batman vs. Two-Face listed for October 17.

• Like Like x 2
    #114 Otaku-sempai, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  15. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Here's the trailer

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So far this film looks like it'll be as much fun as the last one was :D.

William Shatner actually sounds surprisingly good as Two-Face. I like how he handles the Two-Face voice and the characters' patented duality :).

I can definitely see some inspiration from the Batman '66 comic with Hugo Strange and Harleen Quinzel (?) popping up there :cool:.

I wonder if any of the other villains will actually get any lines this time or if it'll still just be Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman :rolleyes2:?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

This looks fun! Nice to see Hugo Strange (and is that Harleen Quinzel helping him?), and I like what the trailer has shown of this version of Two-Face. Hopefully we'll soon hear some word of a cinematic screening.

The music in this trailer was nice. It was probably the work of the Dynamic Music Partners!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Otaku-sempai

Nice trailer. I guess this is an original story as I don't see anything that points to Ellison's television treatment. And Two-Face gets a new origin story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Huh...Shatner actually sounds like he's doing a good job here. I'm kind of excited for this movie!

20. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

This looks more serious than the previous film - which I love. I'm stoked for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.