1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman vs. Two-Face (Batman '66)" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

According to this article, the film might be released in early 2018, though it does sound a little speculative: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/11/adam-west-william-shatner-failed-tv-pilot/

I suspect we won't hear anything about it until after the Batman & Harley Quinn screenings anyway. Maybe in September we'll learn more about this film and whether it will be screened in cinemas like its predecessor. So... maybe November/December 2017 or early next year for Batman vs. Two-Face?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I'm still guessing earlier (October 2017) as that article was highly speculative and the estimate was not based on anything authoritative. Also, we know now that Batman vs. Two-Face is completed and has already been rated PG by the MPAA. That supports a 2017 release.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Oh yes, that's right - sorry. I forgot about the rating even though I only read about that this week! Having said that, I do think we might not hear any news until after Batman & Harley Quinn has had its time in the spotlight. So perhaps a late October (or even November) release this time.

• Like Like x 1
    #83 ShadowStar, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Do kids really need "Parental Guidance" to watch a kids movie?

5. Otaku-sempai

Ask the guys at the MPAA. The PG rating pre-dates PG-13.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

I am guessing WB will screen this at New York Comic Con Oct 5-8 then release it in November

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Barnes and Noble lists an October 17, 2017 release date for Batman vs. Two-Face, along with a look at the cover art and a brief synopsis.

[​IMG]

Former Gotham City District Attorney Harvey Dent, one side of his face scarred by acid, goes on a crime spree based on the number '2'. All of his actions are decided by the flip of a defaced, two-headed silver dollar.

Stay tuned for confirmation of these details, and more, soon at The World's Finest.

• Like Like x 7
  8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I hope they prepare an explanation for how Catwoman survived that involves at least one stupid gadget. Heh heh heh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Wonderful! Great cover art and nice to have a release date! I suppose the only question now is whether it will get a cinematic release...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Otaku-sempai

Do you know what's funny? That is actually the plot outline that I submitted to IMDb back in January of this year. That is why it reads so generically. :anime:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

Disappointing that it only mentions William Shatner and not Adam, Burt or Julie on the cover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Knowing Shatner's ego, it was probably the only way they'd get him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Also worth noting is the banner above the movie's title, which reads "DC Animation Original Movie." The banner above Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders read "DC Classic Original Movie."

• Informative Informative x 4
  14. Dallas Kinard

Dallas Kinard Active Member

I wonder how serious Two-Face will be portrayed? I'm hoping he's a lot like the BTAS version so we can see how this Batman and Robin deal with a tonally opposite character.

15. Otaku-sempai

So it does! That does not bode well for the DC Classics imprint, though it does give us a bonus DC Universe movie for 2017.

I'm still waiting to see if this is based on the Harlan Ellison story treatment for the original show. We know that this is long enough to be equal to a three-part story in terms of a half-hour network television series; that may be how/why Catwoman was written into it (plus the chance to include Julie Newmar again!).

No sign of Batman vs. Two-Face at the Fathom Events website for September/October, but that might not be significant at this stage. On the other hand, though Return of the Caped Crusaders was a critical hit, I don't remember it pulling in great numbers for it's theatrical showing.

EDIT, 8/4: My bad! I misread James' post and thought the new banner read: DC Universe Animated Original Movie. Instead this seems to be a much more minor rebrand; as though someone upstairs decided that DC Classics would confuse consumers into thinking they were seeing a re-release instead of a new, original movie.

• Like Like x 1
    #95 Otaku-sempai, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ooh, not only a cover illustration but a release date! Awesome :D.

Though that plot summary sounds more like a Two-Face bio then a description of the story :sweat:.
    Though it would be pretty true-to-form if they don't even bother explaining how she survived :rolleyes2:.
    Hmm...I guess they're just consolidating this with the general animated movie line :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Otaku-sempai

There's a reason for that. That is the same plot summary that I submitted to IMDb months ago with only the barest idea of what the movie might be about. B&N must have cribbed it from the movie site. In fact, I've submitted an update:

Former D.A. Harvey Dent, one side of his face scarred by acid, goes on a crime spree based on the number '2', his actions decided by the flip of a defaced silver dollar. Catwoman is the pur-fect choice to tip the odds--but which way?

• Informative Informative x 1
    #97 Otaku-sempai, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Because it's from a Barnes and Noble page? It's probably not finalized cover art. WBA hasn't issued a new press release yet. The banner and logo and art might change.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Otaku-sempai

Maybe, but it is not an encouraging sign for the DC Classics line, any more than the previous attempt to rebrand the DC Universe imprint that only lasted for one release

EDIT, 8/4: Sorry, I misread the earlier post. I think the DC Classics label is just being renamed to prevent confusion in the marketplace, so consumers won't think they are seeing a re-release of a 'classic' title.

• Like Like x 2
    #99 Otaku-sempai, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm curious, which one was that again :sweat:?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.