"Batman vs. Two-Face (Batman '66)" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyThomasConan

This may not be the appropriate place to post this (and I haven't posted in a while) but, we just lost Adam West.
    I know it sounds silly because I never knew him personally, but I really loved the guy. He's what defined Batman for so many, and beyond that, he was such a decent and jovial man.
    I really hope this Caped Crusaders sequel gets the theatrical treatment so that the few of us who want to can see this Batman on the screen one last time.

Rest in peace Adam. You're up their with Christopher Reeve now. You and he were the heroes that made me want to be not just a good man, but as empathetic and as selfless a man as I could try to be. And believe me that's not easy; but as silly and saccharine as it might sound, when I'm wrestling with my conscience, I don't think of what Jesus would do, I think of you Titans of morality.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

At the very least, I can't see the movie not being dedicated to Mr. West :).

He deserves that much :crying:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RoyThomasConan

No doubt, I'd be shocked if they didn't at least do that in honor of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think a dedication to Adam West is the least they could do. Though I think it depends on if the movie is completed yet and when they plan on releasing it (see The Judas Contract which wasn't dedicated to Miguel Ferrer).

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. RoyThomasConan

Yeah, I had forgotten how only just this year Miguel Ferrer didn't get that posthumous role dedication. It really bothered me, but I've tried to put that whole movie out of my memory, hence why I haven't been in the board in a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bat16

bat16 Member

RIP Adam, I remember all those days coming back home to watch Batman 66. Thanks for all the fun times. I look forward to watching this movie knowing it will be the last time we have you play Batman!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

I am devastated by this news. I'm only 27, but I grew up watching the show and destroying the many copies of the movie I had on VHS.

He was a wonderful, terribly underrated actor, but his great work will live on. It will make this a hard watch, but at least we get one final Batman performance from the man that MADE the character.

Thanks for everything, Adam West! :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I've been off-line most of the afternoon, so this is the first I've heard about Adam West's passing. I had not known that he had been battling leukemia, however I am glad to read that he passed away peacefully surrounded by family and friends. He will be missed.

I was still five years old when the Batman tv series debuted in 1966, so Adam West was my first exposure to Batman. I've had a love/hate/love relationship with the show, being able to appreciate the camp elements in my so-called maturity.

I have seen it posted that Batman vs. Two-Face represents Mr. West's final role, though I suspect that he might have recorded some stuff for Family Guy after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I posted this elsewhere on the site, but I'll just reiterate my thoughts here. It's pretty simple. This is crushing news. My was my first hero. A total legend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Miguel Ferrer probably recorded some Young Justice episodes after The Judas Contract wrapped up (he voices Vandal Savage there) and there will probably be dedication for him there.

Regarding Adam West, unless he recorded some Family Guy episodes afterward, I think this movie would be dedicated to him. Though I do wonder if he finished his voice work for the movie or if another actor needs to be brought in to finish his dialogue (like how Greg Baldwin did Mako's remaining dialogue as Splinter in TMNT 2007 when the latter passed away, or Jeff Bergman doing George Jetson and Mr. Spacely's remaining dialogue after George O'Hanlon and Mel Blanc passed away).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Otaku-sempai

I don't think that any voice-work that Adam West might have done for Family Guy would have any impact on his receiving a dedication for this movie. On the other hand, the closing credit sequence for this might already be finished.

Given that recording started many weeks ago, I'm going to guess that Mr. West finished his work for this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. Otaku-sempai

Thanks, though that is not surprising as recording began quite some time ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You're welcome. And true, but, imo, the only part in question was if he finished any needed ADR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Then this project will definitely be dedicated to his memory.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Otaku-sempai

Fair point!

If a picture is worth a thousand words then this image speaks volumes:

[​IMG]

Goodbye, Adam.

BTW, is it just me? Or does the character design for Two-Face make it look like Captain Kirk from Star Trek: The Animated Series had a really bad transporter accident?

[​IMG]

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #76 Otaku-sempai, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just assumed it was Tucker taking his Two-Face design from Brave and the Bold and matching it too the '66 aesthetic, but now that you mention it :eek:...

18. Otaku-sempai

6/17: I do see the resemblance to the B:B&B take on Two-Face, but I definitely detect some Shatner in the design as well.

EDIT, 7/24: No news about this movie seems to have come out of SDCC 2017. If nothing else, I was hoping that it would get a brief mention as Adam West's last work for DC Animation. Could we at least get official confirmation of the title? It's been listed here as Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs. Two-Face, but IMDb still has it as simply Batman vs. Two-Face.

Batman vs. Two-Face may actually be the final title; the movie has been rated PG for "action, some mild language and suggestive content." Here is the entry at Film Ratings:
    Mod Note: Double Post Merged

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #78 Otaku-sempai, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like "BATMAN AND THE FACE OF CRIME" but it admittedly doesn't role off the tongue as well as "Batman vs. Two-Face" does :rolleyes2:.

I wonder if they'll give Two-Face his own moll?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Otaku-sempai

Or...molls?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.