1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman vs. Two-Face (Batman '66)" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 6, 2016.

1. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

Man has not yet built a room that could contain that amount of awesome.

Unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

There is a synopsis from a survey that came with Return of the Caped Crusaders. [wba-listcommunity.com/BatmanRCC]

Removed to conform with the NDA I did not read. Oops.:confused:

• Informative Informative x 3
    #42 Hero Supreme, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

lol, thanks for ignoring the NDA on the first page and posting this. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Is there any news at all that might have slipped through the cracks concerning the Caped Crusaders vs. Two-Face movie? Is this still just a working title, or does it have an official one yet? Do we have any idea of when to expect this? Anything else?

I had forgotten that this thread was started. Anything new on this front?

Mod Note: Moved post in General Animated Feature News to this thread

#44 Otaku-sempai, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Just recently at Justice League Dark's New York event, Tucker said this sequel is different tonally than the first one but still fits in the world of Batman '66. Nothing else new.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Otaku-sempai

Okay. Thanks for that Yojimbo. I'm still curious if this is based on Harlan Ellison's treatment for the original television show (also adapted as a Batman '66 one-shot) or an original story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah. But if the release date is the same as the first one, we may not find out anything about this movie until August. Killing Joke's physical release was August 2 and the first teaser of Return was August 17-ish I think. But maybe in early August since they can pretty much start PR after the Batman and Harley DTV releases - which might be August 1 if you go on past precedent - like what they did with Judas Contract barely the day after JLD's physical release.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Yeah, this one definitely seems like we'll have to wait for more information during the second half of the year. It should be good.

I would like them to throw on a couple Batman '66 episodes as bonus features on the Blu-ray since they have the legal trouble sorted out. Too bad there's no Two-Face episode to tie into the movie. Caped Crusaders really missed out by not including an episode or two. I've seen three or four episodes of the show, but not a ton to say I'm very familiar with it.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Otaku-sempai

I've been hoping that this one would be released a bit earlier in the year. We'll just have to wait for a leak or the next press release or other announcement.

Here's a thought: As a bonus feature, WBHE could include some shorts from the 1968 animated Batman animated series. Or an episode or two of the 1977 animated show that used the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward.

[​IMG]

I know that a few of us hope that Batgirl will show up in this or a future sequel. With Yvonne Craig gone, who would you like to see voice Batgirl?

A. Melendy Britt - The New Adventures of Batman (1977)
    B. Melissa Gilbert - Batman: The Animated Series (1992)
    C. Tara Strong - The New Batman Adventures (1997)
    D. Alicia Silverstone - Batman & Robin (1997)
    E. Other (who?)

Sadly, Jane Webb, who voiced Batgirl in Filmation's Batman with Robin the Boy Wonder in 1968, passed away in 2010). Mary Kay Bergman who was the voice of Barbara Gordon in 1998's Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero, committed suicide in 1999.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

• Like Like x 2
    #49 Otaku-sempai, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sub-Zero was 1998.

Good idea for the bonus episodes. I guess I'd like to see Britt to a shot at voicing Batgirl again I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Otaku-sempai

Yep. That's what I meant. Typo corrected!
    I'd at least like to see Ms. Britt get a shot at the role if she's up to it. My first pick is Melissa Gilbert.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #51 Otaku-sempai, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I suppose an episode or two from the animated 60's/70's shows would work though an episode from the actual live-action show would be preferable.

As for Batgirl, I'd take any voice actor who can do Yvonne Craig's portrayal justice or if they can't find a suitable choice, Melendy Britt would be fine to me. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Otaku-sempai

I submitted an update to the IMDb entry with additional cast & crew culled from the credits of the previous movie:.The movie is currently listed under the title Batman vs. Two-Face. I did not submit a title correction because we have not had confirmation of Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs. Two-Face as the official title.

Thomas Lennon as Chief O'Hara
    Lynne Marie Stewart as Aunt Harriet
    Jim Ward as Commissioner Gordon
    Steven Weber as Alfred

Casting and Voice Direction - Wes Gleason
    Editor - Christopher D. Lozinski
    Music - Michael McCuiston, Kristopher Carter and Lolita Ritmanis
    Producer - Michael Jelenic
    Supervising Producer - James Tucker
    Executive Producer - Sam Register
    Executive Producers - Benjamin Melniker, Michael Uslan
    Co-Producer - Alan Burnett
    Written By - Michael Jelenic and James Tucker
    Directed By - Rick Morales

Cast Already Listed:
    - Adam West as Bruce Wayne/Batman
    - Burt Ward as Robin
    - Julie Newmar as Catwoman
    - William Shatner as Harvey Dent/Two-Face

If any of this is known to be incorrect or if you know of additional (confirmed) credits, let me know or submit them to IMDb. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    #53 Otaku-sempai, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  14. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

It'd also be the first time they'd worked together on a project in more than 50 years at least.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Otaku-sempai

Do you mean Shatner and West? Reportedly, they recorded their lines separately (not unusual in these DC Comics animated movies).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. The two made an unsold pilot two years before Star Trek & Batman made them pop culture icons. Alexander the Great, from the producers of Combat!, eventually made it to air just before Batman ended its run in 1968.

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

For the rumormill: William Shatner confirmed for a NYCC 2017 guest today. Given the attention Batman 66 animation got here (first screening + the surprise sequel announcement), I wouldn't want to bet money against the convention spotlighting this movie this fall.

There's been little if anything said about this since Shatner's video, but keep in mind the first movie was only announced approx 2 months prior to its release on home video. I'm expecting September or maybe August for when news on this picks up for real.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Otaku-sempai

That could well be, though I was hoping for an earlier release than that. As it is, these seem to be acting effectively as unofficial fourth quarter additions to the DC Universe movies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Pretty much, & that's great. Caped Crusaders >>> Brainiac Attacks or that other movie with a dude named Karate Kid or something that I can't even remember right now.

They really only hype one movie at a time, it seems like, and there's slow buildup going for Batman & Harley now in the form of periodic screengrabs every few days. So maybe that's summer, Caped Crusaders is Fall, and then who knows what after that. Working on safe assumptions, NYCC will at least be Caped Crusaders 2 + whatever the first 2018 movie is. Though I'd love it if Batman & Harley lined up with it, just so we can have a b.t. panel again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Otaku-sempai

That's not necessarily the case, though, when two upcoming movies are from two, different product lines. We might soon see news and promos for the Batman/Two-Face movie running parallel to stories promoting Batman and Harley Quinn.

Now we know that Batman and Harley Quinn is out in August. We don't have a release date yet for The Caped Crusaders vs. Two-Face; it might even be coming out before B&H.

• Agree Agree x 1