"Batman Versus Robin" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the 2015 line-up of DC Universe Animated Original Movies at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con. Revealed Friday, July 25th, 2014, the studio said the animated film Batman Versus Robin will hit digital on April 7, 2015 and home video on April 14, 2015.

[​IMG]
    Coming April 14th, 2015​
    Stay tuned for additional details and updates right here at The World's Finest.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some. Moderator

3. The Crimson Chin

The Crimson Chin New Member

4. Yojimbo

I'm all for a Nightwing-centric movie.

5. The Talon

The Talon New Member

6. The Crimson Chin

The Crimson Chin New Member

Same here especially after seeing how he fought in Young Justice with those escrima sticks. So far he's only had minor roles in Under the Red Hood and Son of Batman (both of which focused on other Robins).

7. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme Moderator

I always thought Beware the Batman should've done something with the Court of Owls. It just seemed like a good place to adapt it.

I just hope this movie captures the creepy atmosphere of the original and loses all the stupidity involving Lincoln March.

8. Yojimbo

He's getting a lot of screen time, though.

Funny you mention that, before it was revealed, I was thinking the Court of Owls were going to be behind the Argus Club and be Gotham's League of Assassins cell.

I think they've gotten pretty good at keeping the good stuff and swiping out... the other stuff.

9. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

10. The Talon

The Talon New Member

If this really is based on Court of Owls, then they've got to have a scene based on Batman #5. Or at least include this moment.

[​IMG]

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd be all for a Court of Owls adaption, especially if it means we get to see more of the Bat-Family, thought "Batman Versus Robin" is a weird title for an adaption :sweat:.

12. Yojimbo

[MENTION=41607]Frontier[/MENTION], yeah. I hope they slowly expand on the Bat-Family in this continuity.

And thank you very much for doing so!

13. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Despite the unusual title, this sounds like it could be a lot of fun. The Court Of Owls was one of Snyder's better stories and if it puts the spotlight on Dick Grayson... then I'm all for it.

14. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool New Member

Wasn't Court of Owl originally going to be a Dick Grayson Batman story?

15. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

That would make sense, what does it matter now? This is in the new DCAU, where Dick is just Nightwing.

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I had never actually read about that but considering Synder was working with Dick as Batman before the reboot and some of the important plot elements of Court of Owls that relate to Dick, I could see it being likely.

17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

I've heard a lot of good things about Court of Owls, so this should be good!

18. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Active Member

I'm not happy to see a new animated film Batman! I wish more Batgirl Year One or Batman/Wonder Woman: hiketeia or Batman/Green Lantern: The Lords of Luck.

Luckily there are 2 Justice League in 2015! :D

19. Yojimbo

In past cons, they've stressed they'll be using more and more original storylines (Assault on Arkham being an original story in the Arkham series, Throne of Atlantis based on Throne of Atlantis but adds in Aquaman's origin story and discovering he's Atlantean). I suspect Batman Versus Robin will follow that precedent - loosely pinching from The Court of Owls and Night of Owls. In terms of Robin - if they're talking about Damian - the only thing I can find is how he stopped a group of Talons from taking out a major general. Or are they setting up the Court for a later movie - as Dragonpiece said they were 'featured'. The title and storyline it shares title with had Damian being controlled by Talia because of his device on his spine then Deathstroke and the Joker (sigh) is in the mix. Or some pinching from all three even... hmm.

20. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Yup, Court of Owls was meant to be a Dick!Bats story. Not only because Snyder was writing the character and the fact that the story heavily revolves around Dick's character, but the Gates of Gotham story written by Kyle Higgins (writer of New 52 Nightwing #1-29, #0, Annual #1) was written with help from Snyder, and served as a prologue for The Court of Owls story.

I could see the movie taking elements from Batman VS. Robin, Gates of Gotham, The Court of Owls, and Night of the Owls. Something like Gates of Gotham, where Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin have to uncover the mysteries behind Gotham's past (change the Architect's role to a Talon, maybe William Cobb, Dick's ancestor/great-grandfather?). At some point, Dick is being controlled by the Talons and Court somehow and Damian saves him (so flipped version of Batman VS. Robin). And just borrow specific events and such from the Owls stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.