1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel a little bad for Clark. The Kent's are so wishy-washy in this universe that Lois is the only real support he has as a hero :(.

2. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Salvage the poor ratings and fan reaction that will make people more skeptical to go see this movie opening weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Question is that young Aquaman under the sea in the trailer?

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic! I'm all for different interpretations and takes on beloved icons and this has my interest. I'm hoping it'll be a great movie and, unlike most people, I'm not going to bash it without having actually seen it. Some people need to actually see something before they pre-emptively judge or dismiss it. This looks like it could be a pretty good movie. Can't wait to see more.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

From rewatching the trailer and that EW article, I'm getting the feeling that perhaps as the fight goes on Batman is forced to call in reinforcements in the form of an old ally -- namely Wonder Woman and it becomes a 3 way fight.

EDIT: Found a round up article about the trailer. Some nice observations/ideas about, the Wayne Tower article taunt, Wayne Manor and the Batcave. Totally didn't even notice the Lasso of Truth was there on WW's side.
    http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/batman-v-superman-easter-eggs-and-references-in-comic-con-traile/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #465 Yojimbo, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  6. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Preview looks good.
    Although do we really need another BATMAN origin story?!?
    Hopefully JDM has more to do then get killed.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope just for laughs and irony, the car the Joker and Harley joyride in was jacked from Bruce Wayne.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would be hilarious, but I think the set photos revealed it has a "Haha!" License plate, so presumably it's a custom car for Joker. But this is The Joker, so it's probably still stolen somehow :p.

9. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

That is IF they'll add more humor and levity to the project, which from what can tell they may not.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Unless there's a film that specifically marks a tone shift in the Extended Universe, which granting that each movie seems to have freedom in terms of the approach and tone they take seems unlikely, I'd expect Flash and Shazam will probably be the "lightest" of the series.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm. If Batman V Superman has two teasers during and after the credits -- maybe one will be the Joker in a scene similar to his "Darling" awakening in The Dark Knight Returns" to serve as a lead into Suicide Squad?

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, I do wonder how much Joker's presence in Suicide Squad is just flashbacks or in the present. Obviously the scenes with him and Harley, and Batman, are in the past and I imagine we'll eventually see Leto's Joker in a forthcoming Batman movie, but that still leaves ambiguity as to where he is in now in the Extended Universe.

I think I remember a rumor a while back that we'd have Leto's Joker show up in a flashback to what happened to Robin, though that could just be happening in Suicide Squad. But I could definitely see, ala The Dark Knight Returns, that he could've gone into seclusion or in boredom once Bruce retired and Batman disappeared. Of course it's also very likely this Batman put him in a condition where it would be difficult to come back from...

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Would be weird if he only showed up in flashbacks but then again Enchantress seems to be the big bad in the present story.

Yeah, it seems farfetched to think Batman caught every Gotham supervillain, had them locked up in Arkham, and Gotham was free of metacrimes for the past 20 years. Though, in the trailer, Waller seemed to have implied some villains went into hiding.

Hmm. I don't know. It seems like they have enough going on in Batman V Superman. The defaced suit seems like enough to satiate interest. Explaining it right away sounds kind of dumb, unless it's what convinced Batman to retire in the first place.

Not like they need to follow Marvel's formula, since they're not the first to include end credits teaser, but it's the easiest way to connect two movies releasing within a few months of each other and tell the public -- go watch this other one, too.

Good point, there was a similar reference to that in the animated movie Batman: Under the Red Hood.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

True, but it would make the movies plot seem less like Assault on Arkham at least if the Joker's appearances are all in flashbacks. Not sure if those masked thugs were just bank robbers or people the Squad will be facing, but they're obviously working for Joker :cool:.

Actually, maybe Harley is still locked up because she doesn't know where the Joker is o_O?

I am fairly curious as to how many of Batman's villains he's already fought by this point in his life...we've seen Joker, Croc, and Harley but that's barely touching the Rogues Gallery and there's a lot of space for them to appear in the timeline. Especially if he's, potentially, already gone through two Robins at this point. Though I guess the better question would be which ones are still alive and kicking :eek:?

I've seen theories that Robin's death is why he retired, but you make a good point that it might not be dwelled on too much aside from allusions by Alfred or Bruce because of all the other plot points. Though not sure if they'll just leave the reference to just the faded and grafittied suit in the Batcave(?).

Well, the DTV's are doing them, so it's not like WB doesn't have that covered somewhere :p.

15. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From the front, the new Batman suit looks pretty darn awesome, with Superman looking pretty spiffy as well, though poor Ben Affleck seems to have lost a neck :p.

17. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Crewmates,

That was the best trailer I saw all year. Hoping the movie has a bigger weekend gross than the avengers.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

19. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Again I ask DC and WB:

Why so serious?!

20. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

That article has me more excited about this movie than anything else I've seen. I hope they can pull it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.