"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by James Harvey, May 14, 2014.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

2. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

Note: Discussion continued from previous installment of this thread.

I wish I was joking. That's what you would get if you want all your pieces to tie together in one neat little package though.
    I could see Ben Affleck having enough of a sense of humor to start in an Adam West style costume. Then after watching the destruction of Smallville deciding he'll need something more beefy.
    But then Snyder would find away of draining all the fun from that.

3. langden alger

langden alger New Member

No offense, but if they start him off in an Adam west style costume it would be almost as bad as the whole 'Bat credit card' thing.....what we first saw was what I think the audience has to see when Batman first appears. Dark and bad-ass looking-ready to meet Superman face to face. The audience should see him as the cool Batman we expect from the start. If he has a comedy looking costume from the get go that balloon is deflated.

4. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

So, the classic Batman costume is uncool?

And perish the thought of a less then depressing moment in a Superman movie.
    It could be brought down by having Alfred say "But sir, that is the grey hosiery and blue boots your mother died in." Alright, maybe that doesn't bring it down as far as I thought it would.

5. langden alger

langden alger New Member

Not that pic-as it's pretty much the new movie costume with the classic colors and chest emblem ... but when you used Adam West in your example I'm thinking this:

[​IMG]

You don't have to have a completely dark depressing movie. There can be moments of funny lines or clever nods to classic things but let's just keep him in the one costume pictured....if he needs to add a few pieces of new armor or something like that to fight in the final battle fine.

6. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

I liked the concept of that Frank Miller outfit. The yellow emblem was a deliberate gunfire target. Are we all forgetting that Michael Keaton's suits had the same thing? I didn't find any fault with that.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

First set photo of Gadot as Diana.
    [​IMG]

8. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

So it looks like Diana has already integrated into society, though I wonder how long it's been since she left Themyscira?

I think Gadot is looking pretty good as Diana so far, and I can't wait to see her in Wonder Woman's costume :).

9. James

James Administrator

Like the suit. Like how the cowl and cape match in material. I think the short ears is effective and a good nod to the Dark Knight Returns - I never once thought Adam West. I approve.

10. langden alger

langden alger New Member

Credit: Superherohype.com: Not exactly an exciting or clear shot, but still one of the first pics. of Gal Gadot filming on set. What does everyone think of her civilian look so far?

[​IMG]

11. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Let me say that Ms. Gadot is pretty easy on the eyes. :3

Aside from that though, I will need some footage of the suit and her acting chops before I can believe she can pull off WW.

12. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Too skinny and light to pull off a convincing Wonder Woman...

13. macattack

macattack I see you!

I am suspicious they may use CGI to make Gabot bigger. Why else would they be filming two whole years before the movie ought to be released?

14. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

I would like to remind people that this girl served in the Israeli Defense Force for two years. I don't think theres an actress in Hollywood that could boast about that kind of background. As an avid fanboy of the F&F franchise, Gadot def has the chops to pull off a convincing Wonder Woman. She'll bulk up, but it won't much to make her look like a warrior princess.

15. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

I'm not saying a skinny girl can't be a warrior. I'm saying that Wonder Woman in the comics has always been a big girl. At least Lucy Lawless size.

16. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

Costume design and acting played a big part in that [Xena's size] though. I mean, just look at pictures of Lucy Lawless in her heyday, theres no dramatic difference between her and Gal.

17. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

Any number of reasons. Next Summer is already crowded with superhero movies and as Amazing Spider-Man 2 has shown us that can take a big bite out of your profits. And they won't have to deal with the hotly-anticipated Age of Ultron movie stealing their thunder (though Captain America 3 could pose a big challenge). And because (call me crazy) I'm fairly certain they are rewriting and changing stuff on the fly rather than working off a set, polished screenplay?

And people forget how much you can do with good camera angles.

18. darkdetective

darkdetective Reporter

Basically every Israeli serves in the IDF upon turning 18. However, most of the women usually end up with non-combat jobs (though everyone goes through basic training).

19. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

I think about alot of horror movies like Species or something with a regular or hot looking woman with extraordinary power. It makes her look more realistic like DC is constantly doing, though they finally made Superman appropriately big like the comics.

20. Monte

Monte Active Member

Thing is, we are now have a shot of her on the set... And frankly, it doesn't look like she bulked up enough. Though we still have to see how she looks in her superhero costume. Not exactly brimming with confidence

Though y'know I find it interesting that there is such an air of negatively around this production. When Man of Steel was in the works people were speaking more positive but less so now... I guess that's because everyone thought about how great the batman films were and it gave them high hopes. Though now our hopes are based on Man of Steel which was not aswell received. On the plus side; at least now if the film turns out well it feel all the better.

Still not sure about the batman vs Superman aspect... I mean are they still calling it that, or is it more like a world's finest movie. Cause Batman Vs Superman always sounded like a pretty terrible premise; sounds more like a scene in the movie rather than the plot of one. However what would be interesting if they mean something more ideological; like batman's ideals VS Supermans. Now that could make for an interesting film; two hero's fighting villains in their own ways in a debate on who's ideology is better. It would also be a clever spin on a "VS" premise.