1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Apparently, 6 pm on 3/22.

Nice.

I've been looking forward to this for a while. Glad its almost here. Got tickets for a 3/26 Saturday morning show, going with 6 friends. Was initially looking at a midnight showing, but had a tough time getting people on board for it. Plus, saw that there were other shows in the hours before midnight, which made the latter feel pointless. It'll be tough to wait until Saturday, but...well, the week will go fast, I'm sure.

Listened to the score several times over the weekend, and will probably continue to as the week progresses. Plan on watching all, or part, of The Dark Knight Returns some time this week. Probably won't watch MoS again, as I watched it with commentary a couple weeks ago. What else can I do this week that's appropriately themed?

That is cool looking. I have a t-shirt with Batman and Superman facing one another, I think 80s art with Batman on a gargoyle in Gotham at night on one side, and Superman on a building top in Metropolis during the day on the other side. I'm planning on wearing that Saturday. At walmart over the weekend, I saw gray shirts with the overlapping batman/superman logo on it in black. Wasn't sure I wanted to pay $8-9 for it since there wasn't anything else on it (and the logo wasn't nearly as big/prominent as on that jacket).

#181 DarkAngel, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

After the leak of the ending and learning what it is there is no way I am seeing this movie.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Given Warner Bros. Pictures is pushing some advanced screening times on Thursday, March 24th to 6pm (ET), expect the official talkback for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to be posted around 10pm (ET) on the 24th to compensate for the early openings.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

6. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

• Like Like x 1
  7. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Is that in store too, or only online?

EDIT: answered my own question. Just got back from a store, Picked up Public Enemies. Amazon.com also has some stuff on sale, though I don't think with movie cash.

#187 DarkAngel, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

9. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Can anyone direct me to a link or interview in which Snyder, or one of the writers, elaborates on when and how they came to this idea of centering the film around a Batman/Superman conflict?

I remember Goyer talking extensively about how MoS came about and his thought process, but I don't remember hearing/seeing any details on how the MoS sequel morphed into this specific story idea.

10. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

11. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll probably end up watching it because I think my dad wants to see it. But I know for sure I won't like it, Snyder has never made a good movie for me. Just recently I watched Sucker Punch, it was one of the worst movies I've seen in quite some time. Watchmen was awful, 300 is dumb, Man of Steel was bad...So yea I'm not looking forward to this and this is the guy heading DC's movies in some capacity from director to producer...Oh boy.

12. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

I'm worried about the negative impact the reviews could have on the box office, but as a fan I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie. I'm excited. Watchmen's one of the best superhero movies I've seen. I like Man of Steel a lot. I enjoyed Sucker Punch and 300.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Here, I think this is what you're thinking of - from back in 2014. Cinema Blend or io9 or the original I think: Forbes.

14. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Awesome! Thanks. I'm not sure if I'd seen that interview before or not, but I couldn't remember how or why they decided to get Batman involved.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You're welcome, DarkAngel. Happy to help.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So...wow. That RT score...

The positive ones are really good...and the negative ones are very bad. Looks like another divisive film.

I have to think that WB is re-considering Snyder for future DC films considering that's two films in a row.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. If the movie makes the money it's expected to, I'd imagine Snyder will stay on. At the end of the day, that's what matters to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm actually surprised the reviews for BvS are so divisive, though maybe with my own bias after the trailers had started winning me over liking what I was reading about the DCEU, I just expected that to carry over to it's critical response :ack:?

I mean, it's doing some amazing pre-sales, so it's definitely going to turn a profit, but I have to wonder how this mixed reception and how the critics are responding to it might impact the movie?

19. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Only Marvel & DC hater want this movie to be a failure.

#199 dmxx116, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  20. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Yeah. I had feeling this wouldn't be seen as being as good as TDK as a movie, and that's certainly reflected by the reviews, but I feel like this may be a greater comic book experience, something I'm not sure critics are usually going to appreciate.

I'm also trying to keep perspective on Snyder films usually not garnering good reviews, while I've liked all his movies.

But I am bummed by the negative reviews, and hoping it won't dramatically impact box office.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.