1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Mar 24, 2016.

?

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" - Post your review and rate the movie!

1. *****

23.3%
  2. ****1/2

6.7%
  3. ****

10.0%
  4. ***1/2

3.3%
  5. ***

10.0%
  6. **1/2

13.3%
  7. **

6.7%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

10.0%
  10. 1/2

16.7%
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And Johns ;).

Here's hoping this is Tim's time to shine :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

We are definitely on the same wavelength.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ashleesmach1

ashleesmach1 Banned

I am thrilled with this movie can't wait for the Blu-ray with the additional footage a yay for me !

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released a trailer for the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition home media release. Check it out below.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So it looks like:

6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

7. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

The Ultimate Cut is still not going change how bad the movie still is, It's still has Zack Synder who is not a good filmmaker how he'll never change how he makes his make movies. This man has no filmmaking talent & skills from what I seen is his movies.

Zack Synder you'll not hoodwinked me and the fans with your Ultimate Cut of this bad movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #87 dmxx116, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Uh

Sorry but though I didn't hate Batman v Superman it hasn't earned enough trust from me or a lot of people to assume a longer extended version would be a better version or would have scenes that would make it flow more naturally.

#88 Neo Ultra Mike, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Some info on the Ultimate Edition release. Will be released in 4K Blu-ray 100GB triple-layer format. Bonus material includes featurettes like Uniting the World's Finest, Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants, The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder, Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile, Superman: Complexity & Truth, Batman: Austerity & Rage, Wonder Woman: Grace & Power, Batcave: Legacy of the Lair, The Might and the Power of a Punch, The Empire of Luthor, and Save the Bats.

10. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

R-rated Director's Cut, huh? Does the bonus disc have the theatrical PG-13-rated version, though?

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, the theatrical cut will be included in the various Blu-Ray combo packs (Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack) going by what the press release said.

12. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The extended cut of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice has arrived! Does it change your thoughts on the movie?

[​IMG]

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition
    Studio: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
    Release Date: June 28th, 2016 - Digital HD, July 19th, 2016 - Physical Media

Synopsis: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)" includes approximately 30 minutes of extended footage never before seen in theaters! From director Zack Snyder comes "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," starring Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent in the characters' first big-screen pairing. Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis's most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before.

Discuss the Ultimate Edition of Batman V Supoerman: Dawn of Justice! Is this a superior cut? What do you like or dislike about this longer cut and does it improve upon the original theatrical version? Sound off!

13. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

WB must have some nerve releasing the digital copy of Dawn Of Justice on the 10 year anniversary of opening day for Superman Returns. ;) :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

It's a lot less violent than I imagined. There's no gore, actually.

This cut makes the movie more cohesive. More of Luthor's scheme in motion and more Clark Kent investigating Batman to the point where that initial confrontation makes some sense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I watched this a few days ago... I'm not certain why this was given an R rating, it didn't seem much more violent or gore filled than the theatrical cut.

It doesn't really fix the films structural, character or pacing problems. It's still plagued with baffling decisions, an irritating antagonist who camped it up way too much and idiot characters.

There was nothing in this cut which made me believe Justice League will be any better than this gibberish.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I only realized it after watching the Blu-ray. Why did Superman kill the terrorist that had Lois Lane at gun point? If he didn't kill him, he could have avoided all that nonsense that followed because he had a witness. Why did he even kill the terrorist? He easily could have swooped in and done a number of various things that didn't involve flying directly into him through a wall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. melissaknop

melissaknop New Member

In the universe there is only one Batman psychopath who has the right to create chaos for chaos. The rest have the motivation. Especially Lex Luther that his whole life was positioned as a genius, calculating, cunning and insidious. Where the businessman where the scientist, but the fact remains - Luther is conditional Moriarty DC universe. Unfortunately, Jesse Eisenberg is a nobody and he said the entire film poses as a sad sort of "Joker" Heath Ledger. In the final frames even let saliva. Although it would seem - Hey, dude, you got into the hands of the dark side of Tony Stark, a billionaire playboy and philanthropist, use it, show us how dark the night! Show how people use money for power and power for money. Show this side of business and politics, show me how to make wars and lobbying interests. Lex Luthor would be how such a model, not leaving out of the shadows and earn points in order to fulfill his dream - to become the US president. But - instead he became dribbling genius boy, unable to link the three words in public. Pathetic.

In fact, with the motivation in this movie at all difficult characters. 1.5 hours to escalate the confrontation line, 10 minutes mutuzit each other in the face, but to stop and fraternize heard a familiar name. Hey, guys, did not try to match the moles? Suddenly there is something in common? ..

But then there came running, and producers. Glancing clouded by jealousy and greed look at kinovselennuyu Marvel, it was decided to push the film in another superhero ... and to mention three more. Well, purely so that people know we've got their own kinovselennaya, all the cases. So keep you Diana, Aquaman, Cyborg and Flesch. We have next year planned Justice League, they are all there.

In the film, there are also pluses. Snyder brilliant music video, and some scenes are quite good. In the film, beautiful music, ideal for some scenes. Jeremy Irons in the role of butler Alfred perfectly revealed his hero of the second plan. But whether it saves the movie .. I think - no. Instead, the Guardians have - gray communicating picture superhero. This is sad.

7 out of 10

18. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Martian Manhunter should have been the cameo in Batman v Superman over The Flash, Aquaman and Cybrog it would setup the Justice League way better then Batman.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Watched it for the first time and a second time tonight. Not as bad as I thought but I still objected with the take on Lex Jr, Batman killing people and using guns (even if that was in vision or one of the Bat vehicles), and the pointless deaths of Mercy and Jimmy.

Beating the tar out of KGBeast's men at the end - that was a beautiful action scene. Batman looked the most fluid he ever has in live action. Wonder Woman was awesome. So much more pumped for her movie next year.

In a way, I'm glad they got two 'adaptations' of old school classics out of the way so early into the DCEU - TDKR and Death of Superman. Don't have to deal with that down the line.

Surprised by the amount of easter eggs. Stuff from TDKR like Superman recovering from the nuke, Alfred's empty wine cellar line, Batman firing the rope rifle, the horse, the suit -- and things like Cyborg video using the 6-19-82 date - the day a TT comic featuring the origin of Cyborg was released, Flash coming to Bruce was a bit like Crisis on Infinite Earths, Perry's 1938 line, I think an Emmett Vale cameo, or Lex using his blood sorta like Project Cadmus. Even pinned the Wayne murders between April 3 and April 10, 1981 since the marquee said Excalibur was opening 'This Wednesday."

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #99 Yojimbo, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  20. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

The extended cut is worse than the theatrical.
    It has better editing, but still the same bad story.
    Added scenes are pointless fluff.

• Agree Agree x 1