1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Mar 24, 2016.

?

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" - Post your review and rate the movie!

1. *****

23.3%
  2. ****1/2

6.7%
  3. ****

10.0%
  4. ***1/2

3.3%
  5. ***

10.0%
  6. **1/2

13.3%
  7. **

6.7%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

10.0%
  10. 1/2

16.7%
  1. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

MOS only ruined one character instead of BvS ruining mulitple? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Halloween

What are they trying to do, make Superman a jerk? Get him to being more friendly and approachable? Batman is suppose to be the so called "Jerk with a heart of gold!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

Lots of little things really. The soundtrack for DoJ is pretty lackluster, with the only memorable one for me the Wonder Woman entrance track. Superman's being all broody considering he's doing pretty well and is pretty much invulnerable for most of the movie.

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

There's so much from the inept storytelling and plot to the questionable acting to the underwhelming fight scenes. The biggest problem is that Snyder clearly doesn't have a firm grasp on these characters. Superman a whiny sociopath and Batman a crazed killing machine? These aren't heroes. And while Ben Affleck's Batman could possibly be the best on screen version to date in terms of looks and performance, the character himself is garbage. The only character that comes out good in this movie is Wonder Woman and maybe Alfred. It's easy to argue that every single other character, even the supporting ones, all got shafted. This movie is just a shining example of how wrong of a decision it was to choose Snyder to spearhead these movies. Man Of Steel had a few redeeming qualities about it but Batman V Superman has far less. Far, far less. I am anxious for Captain America: Civil War to wash this gross taste out of my mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

I hope we get better soundtrack music Justice League since Han Zimmer won't be coming back.

6. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Man of Steel felt like a competent story, the villain is good, and although the main character and some of his supporting characters were not properly handled as adaption of their comic selves, they were not confusing.

Man of Steel did not make me wonder why Clark ignored the bus and let everyone else drown, this movie made me wonder why did Clark ignore the C.I.A photographer, and went in just to save Lois.

Man of Steel did not make me wonder how Perry White became an editor, Batman V Superman made me hate this adaption of Perry White. In MoS he was not confident about publishing a story about a man or an alien with super powers far beyond those of mortal men, but he did not make lame decisions like "nobody cares about that reporter tackling that vigilante, go do a sports article instead" or "1938 people cared about action news, they don't give two thoughts about it now"

Man of Steel did not make Superman bully a guy for being a vigilante, and letting the criminals the vigilante went after go scottfree.

Man of Steel did not have a signal on a roof to summon a vigilante wanted by the police.

Superman smiled in Man of Steel. He was just a grouchy gloomy weirdo in BvS.

In Man of Steel, Superman gave the statement of him living in America 33 years of his life, that is how you know he carries no ill will against them, or anything contagious. And he was right in not liking surveillance placed on him 24/7.
    The senate hearing in BvS ignored that.

I can go on for a while on how Man of Steel managed to be satisfying for me, and Batman v Superman was not much more than loud noise, incoherent story, extremely poor characterization of most characters, uninteresting villain, poor plot of magic blood trick from Star Trek Into Darkness and Amazing Spider-Man 2 done worse, grandma's peach tea, broken continuity with the previous movie, Martha, unnecessary retelling of Batman's origin, uninteresting and head spinning nonsensical opening narration (it felt nonsensical when I saw the movie, and I remember nothing from it, but I remember my feeling of being confused)....

• Like Like x 2
  7. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Yeahhhhhhhhh if they go through with this it'd be nothing more then a pretty desperate mood since at the rate BvS is declining it won't even earn as much as Deadpool did domestically which again I never thought would happen but sure appears to be the case. Since yeah it's pretty obvious at least in production of this and even Suicide Squad, WB intended to have a PG-13 across the board for the theatrical release as that would attract the biggest general audience. And that an R rating would just be part of the special features for those who buy it. However if they feel it will make them millions more without having to do much work they'd pull that. Which honestly... I can't think of a movie that would have a special re release only a month later for it's R-rated cut. Like them or not at least the special edition of Star Wars and E.T and the like were years/decades after the original came out. And those weren't ones made to get a different rating. Same even with the Frozen sing a long version of the movie that came out. As those were ways to get more money from successful franchises while this... yeah is trying to squeeze more from a product whose success is at best in serious question.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

10. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

While I think this outline would've given us a much better movie then what we got, I'm not buying it as real. Or maybe this script was written and submitted but there was no way that DC/WB was ever considering producing it. DC editorial and it's top writers have spent the last decade looking at Dark Knight Returns as the be-all/end-all of Batman stories and have been desperately trying to get a movie of it made. Snyder, more or less, gave them that movie. I can't imagine anybody in any position of authority over this movie ever saying "let's just give them have a happy team-up instead".

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well put, BlackoutCreature. It sort of parallels the situation with DC wanting Batman: Year One to get made into a movie, for years, and they finally got it with Batman Begins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And the Death of Superman/Doomsday. There've been multiple attempts to adapt that to screen, and now they have, more or less :sweat:.

13. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I loved this movie, I don't understand the "hate" for the movie, sure people disliking something is fine, but I feel so many went a little overboard and took it like a personal attack from Zach Snyder, David Goyer, and Chris Terrio. It's not like the Donner movies had a perfect Superman or any of the Batman films had a Batman who didn't do anything wrong. lol... But that's cool, I personally couldn't find anything wrong with it, I love the deep emotional feel or message DC tries to infuse in their films. I love how Marvel does their films as well, but I like both since they are so different.

I thought the acting, dialog, action, and story were done so amazingly well. I honestly could not find one cheesy line or piece of dialog. I know people think the "Martha" scene is cheesy or a lame way for the fight to have ended, but I think it was really well done, it has a deeper subtext to it which is awesome.

Kallum.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A tour guide in the WB Studio Tour Hollywood mentioned the vandalized Robin suit was Jason Todd's. Take with salt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well you'd think that the official tour guide wouldn't be allowed to tell people incorrect information...and he could have just said it was Robin, without naming the actual person who died o_O.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It reminds me the joke about a first grade teacher writing random stuff on the chalkboard and the students take notes and nod. These tour guides can say whatever, like with DeVito in that one episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia posing as a boat tour driver and telling Chinese tourists random hilarious things about Philly and himself.

But is there really any question about it not being Todd's suit at this point? Hmm.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's manufactured doubt because no one "official" has come out and confirmed it, and have generally been mum about the identity, even if it should be obvious who the dead Robin is :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True, plus I like the implications, however thin they may be, of who the next Robin will be...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It'd be cool if they did some form of adaption for "A lonely place of dying," especially for a Batman who's trying to move on from the darkness and brutality he exhibited this movie while moving on from Robin's death :cool:.

And taking up a new partner would be the perfect culmination of all that :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Agree, agree, agree to all of the above. Kevin Smith needs to whisper this to Ben. :D

• Agree Agree x 1