"Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 4, 2015.

?

"Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem" - Discuss and Rate this Movie!

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

33.3%
  3. ****

33.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It's a fright to the finish for Batman!

[​IMG]
    Click the above image to read The World's Finest review!

Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem
    Studio: Warner Bros. Animation
    Release Date: August 4th, 2015 - Digital; August 18th, 2015 - Blu-ray/DVD

Synopsis: It's Halloween night in Gotham City and Scarecrow, Clayface, Silver Banshee and Solomon Grundy have hit the streets to stir up trouble! Batman is on the trail of the city's spookiest villains while, further complicating matters, the clown prince of crime himself, The Joker, is ruling over this mysterious crew of misfit criminals. It's up to the Dark Knight to stop this gruesome gang before they unleash "digital laughter," a computer virus that's part of a diabolical plan to jeopardize all of Gotham City's vital technology. Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Nightwing and Red Robin must combine forces to battle these baddies and save the city.

The stellar voice cast features Roger Craig Smith (Batman: Arkham Origins) as Batman, Troy Baker (Batman: Assault on Arkham) as Joker, Khary Payton (Teen Titans Go!) as Cyborg, Chris Diamantopoulos (Episodes, Silicon Valley) as Green Arrow, Will Friedle (Batman Beyond, Boy Meets World) as Nightwing, Yuri Lowenthal (Ben 10) as Red Robin, Kari Wuhrer (Sharknado 2, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths) as Silver Banshee, Fred Tatasciore (Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham) as Solomon Grundy, Brian T. Delaney (Mad, Halo) as Scarecrow, Dave B. Mitchell (World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor) as Clayface, Noel Fisher (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2) as Gogo Shoto, and Alastair Duncan (Mass Effect games, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) reprising his The Batman TV series role as Alfred.

Discuss the Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem animated feature!

Please post all discussions concerning about the Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem animated feature in this thread! Discussion on the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital release of Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem can be found in the proper talkback linked below.

Related Threads:
    -Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem Subsite (Spoilers)
    -Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem Digital/Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman Unlimited: Animated Instincts Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman Unlimited Digital Shorts Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: Gods and Monsters Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League VS. Bizarro League Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Arkham Knight Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: Remember, this talkback thread is for discussion of the feature film. If you wish to talk about the home video release, please click on the appropriate link above. We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 James Harvey, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

This movie was stupids... and I love it!

3. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Honestly, I really liked this movie!
    Yeah, it was cheesy at times, but I found it really amusing, and honestly really well paced.
    Also, did anyone else find the villains really entertaining? I mean, outside of Joker, who I'm just kind of apathetic to at this point, Banshee and Solomon Grundy were really endearing and likable to me, and it almost felt like they had a brother and sister-type relationship, Scarecrow was legitmately unnerving at times, and Clayface was just really fun to watch to me.

4. Troy Troodon

I beg to differ with Scarewcrow. There was so much potential they could have done with him, but he's just a second stringer. Honestly, he should have been the main villain since this is monster/Halloween themed.

He should have wanted to control Gotham through fear, but he's very under utilized; and while his position to information as the currency to control Gotham's economy is actually rather profound, it would have been much better suited with The Riddler or even Hugo Strange, not with Scarecrow.
    Also, while I was willing to give this new voice actor a chance (Forgot his name) It sounded rather generic.

Also, Clayface, the Baren of candy and ice cream... really?

Also, why no Harley?!

And just as I predicted, it's pretty much the same movie with Joker hacking into the Gotham Time Square monitors, ordering 4 other villains (Wonder why they even work for him, what's he paying them with?) and then getting away at the end... I so look forward as to where they're going with this in the next film (If there is one)

But as is, like I said, the movie was stupid-- but also fun and harmless. Certainly better than Toddler Titans and Avengers Assemble.

6/10

#4 Troy Troodon, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  5. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Eh, I kinda liked that scene with the hall of mirrors. He wasn't as unnerving as he should have been, and he was pretty underused. And yeah, the movie could've really done away with Joker.

6. BreakAbone

BreakAbone Member

Really enjoyed Monster Mayhem thought was a vast improvement over Animal Instincts.

7. Troy Troodon

I enjoyed it too, though it wasn't really much an improvement, since it follows the same formula: 4 villains team up (5 in this case) Bats teams up with Green Arrow and another hero (Cyborg) main villain takes over town center and reveals his diabolical scheme (Again why are the others following a clown?) and by the end lead villain escapes.

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked the movie but it wasn't really anything special. The story was decent though it got kind of boring as it went along. I think I enjoyed the previous movie more, but this wasn't bad either. I was hoping this movie would be more Halloween-themed, since they made it clear at least the beginning took place on Halloween. With all the monsters featured in the cast it would have been neat if they went that route.

I liked the mix of new villains, and their designs (especially Scarecrow's). Joker didn't really add much to the movie but his plan was pretty good. It would have been great if the heroes' roster would have been changed that much too, instead of just replacing Flash with Cyborg, who didn't really get to do that much here but I liked the twist towards the end with him basically being Joker's secret weapon.

The scene I liked the most was probably Nightwing versus Scarecrow in that hall of mirrors. Neat they added him wearing his original Robin outfit and even his Disco-Nightwing costume, wasn't really expecting that. There were some neat other moments, like Red Robin's obsession with that video game, or Solomon Grundy being appointed Chief of Police. The robo-dinosaur Batman got towards the end was kind of silly but it fit with the style of the movie.

The animation was nice and the fight scenes entertaining enough. I wouldn't mind seeing some more cartoons inspired by this line of toys. But, hopefully they'll add some more heroes (and maybe even heroines) to make things more interesting.

9. ashleesmach1

ashleesmach1 Banned

on this move release to dvd/blu r
    you it come out Aug 14th
    in this one you say aug 18th which date is right?

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/12:
    Digital: August 4

Blu-Ray and DVD: August 18

8/19: Eh, it was an okay movie. Explains some of the stuff in the second half of shorts - places like the museum and board walk, villains, and stuff. I guess after this, Batman was inspired to build an actual CybeRex. Cyborg's design looked way better than the scant bits we saw in the previews leading up. But underutilized and underwritten, imo. And again, what's with the boy's club of superheroes?

11. ewolf20

ewolf20 New Member

I know right, it's been bugging me for days

• Like Like x 1