1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (Animated Feature)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaBaWoJuLe

SaBaWoJuLe Active Member

Will there be a soundtrack release of both DKR 1 and DKR 2?

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Home Video has released new interview clips and a selection of stills from the upcoming Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part Two animated feature. The latest film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line, arriving on January 29th, 2012 to Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Download, and onDemand, is the second in a two-part adaptation of the acclaimed 1980s comic series The Dark Knight Returns. The interview clips below feature Peter Weller (Batman), Michael Emerson (The Joker) and Mark Valley (Superman). Check out The World's Finest for more!

3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I was at one of my local Wal-Marts and I saw a copy of "Part 2" on shelves. It looks like Warner has put bilingual packaging on these releases but just on the back not on the spine of front. I wonder why they started doing this now after so long. I'm not a fan of bilingual packaging but at least it wasn't intrusive here.

4. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

Wait, so it's actually out already??

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Wal-Mart tends to release these DC Universe movies early for some reason.

6. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

Checked today and they didnt have it at my local walmart =( guess i'll just have to wait till the 29th

7. Franny

Franny Member

Think yourself lucky' I'll have to wait weeks probably.

8. beyond94

beyond94 Member

Already saw the film a few weeks ago. It may be the most violent of the DCU animated films but it's still the finest and best movie ever made from the cast to Christopher Drake's music score! Kevin Conroy may be the signature voice of Batman but Peter Weller's performance as the older Batman/Bruce Wayne out performs him fantastically! His performance made this animated film work! Michael Emerson's Joker was chilling and fabulous and much more believable than John DiMaggio's Joker from "Under The Red Hood" When you watch it you forget this is an animated film. I've never read the book but this movie makes up for it! Part 2 is no.1 on the my favorite DCU Movie list!

9. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

You say po-TAY-to, I say po-TAH-to

Well, I've only seen part 1 and clips from part 2, but I disagree about Peter Weller's performance. It is good, but not great. In fact, I find it a bit flat. Kevin Conroy would have nailed it. Probably, Bruce Greenwood as well.

10. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The World's Finest has reviews for both the Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part Two animated feature and Blu-ray home video release. Click on the images below to check out the exclusive content.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Stay tuned for more exclusive content in the coming days here at The World's Finest. Official site talkback threads for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part Two will go live tomorrow morning.

11. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thanks for the reviews and such James. :)

So... I have a question for anyone who has seen this movie...
    Thanks to anyone for any help, sorry this is kind of a weird question. :)

D.

12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't seen the actual film, but I was told about it, and

13. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thank you, hmmmmm... I guess maybe I will just have to think hard about whether or not I will buy this movie.. thanks again for your input. :)

D.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, if you can't watch it in your living room with the kids around, maybe you could watch it on the laptop or something.

15. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Yeah, I could do that but I buy Blu-ray cause DVD just doesn't sound or look as good, and my laptop is DVD only. :(
    But Thanks again for the help Gold Guy, I really appreciate the suggestions and input. :) But after thinking about it, I do have another question for someone who has seen the movie, is the language really bad? Or is it about the same as what all the other DTVs were. As I imagine I probably could watch it on my big screen if the
    are not on the screen for very long. But if the language is too much, then I will definitely have to watch it elsewhere.

D.

16. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Wow, you can't use tobacco in these movies? That's dumb. Also, yes, Bruno is indeed topless in the movie. No nipples are shown, though. The violence is also a bit high up there.

17. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

isnt the release only blu-ray/dvd combo pack right now anyways? so you would get the dvd version too right?

18. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thanks Jacob, I will probably buy it and hope that the language is at least not too bad. I'll just tell everyone to leave me alone while I watch a movie where
    lol.

True, but I don't ever use the DVD's, as they aren't as good as Blu-ray, and I pretty much only watch DVD when there is no other option, lol. But thanks for the info either way mrbean. :)

19. tenderheartbear

tenderheartbear Active Member

I'd say it's well worth the PG-13 rating.

That said, it's very, very good. Even better than part 1. I wasn't taken with Joker's voice, but everyone else, including Peter Weller were excellent. The action relentless, direction spot-on, animation pretty good (a bit bare in places) and the music was fantastic.

#399 tenderheartbear, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  20. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that Bruno qualifies as a woman. I believe that the character is transgendered. Does it matter if he/she is pre- or post-op?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.