1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman: The Complete Television Series" Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Nov 11, 2014.

?

"Batman: The Complete Television Series" - Discuss and Rate!

1. *****

100.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It's good to see WB not only fix a mistake (one I could've lived with myself) and actually add bonus content to make up for it. Good on them.

As for those who are buying the single set releases, it would seem to me that you would just get in contact with WB when the affected release comes out. It doesn't sound like WB is going to repress any of the discs for upcoming releases based on that press release. Seems like a pretty obvious deduction from that. A bit of a hassle but you would still get the corrected discs eventually.

I sent my email to them through their customer service page - has anyone else? Any responses?

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released details on the replacement program for specific discs within Batman: The Complete Television Series on Blu-Ray and DVD. The studio is currently working on the replacement discs and digital repairs with a target fulfillment date in late January 2015. More information is available here.

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

2006 Superman Ultimate Collection 14 Disc DVD set, take 2. Hopefully I don't have to mail my old discs to them to get my new discs. Something tells me if I never get my replacement discs, it's going to be an annoying process to get them. I got my Superman III disc successfully though, so maybe it will be good.

What are the UPC numbers? I have a number outside the barcode on the left and ride side of it, and underneath the barcode I have 10 digits. Give them ALL the numbers on the UPC label? Yes, this should be self explanatory, but I don't want anything to go wrong that results in me not getting my discs.

My Blu-Ray box doesn't have a UPC Barcode on it. Oh wait, it's on that outer slip that isn't glued on my box, and it's too big for me to put it INSIDE the box. Is it too much to ask to make all these outer slips smaller so I can put it INSIDE whatever package I have? Seriously, the booklet that came with my Godfather trilogy Blu-ray can't even fit in the packaging. I save these loose outer slips (despite their annoyance that I cant put it inside my packaging, and the "awkwardness" of it on my shelf), but I get the feeling some people throw them out.

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It looks like my discs are in the mail! I just got this email! Anyone else?

5. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Got that email a few days ago. Will most likely get them by the end of next week.

6. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I've watched most of the first season, and while I definitely prefer Batman '89, The Dark Knight, and Batman TAS over this, I can appreciate how those things might not have happened if not for this show. So it definitely has its place in history.

I actually don't mind that it's campy (though to be honest, I was expecting it to be MORE over-the-top than it has been); my main beef is how repetitive/fomulaic the show is, especially when you watch, say, four episodes in a row. You can pretty much map out the beats the episodes are going to take. Also, Aunt Harriet is quite possibly the most pointless character I've ever seen, at least in this version of the franchise. She's pretty much just there so Bruce and Dick have someone to lie to when they have to run off to fight crime. Otherwise she serves no other purpose and takes up space.

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

That is part of the reason why the show started to fizzle around the second season: the show relied to heavily on the same formula, with viewers starting to get tired of it (hence the idea of dropping the "two-part" format in Season 3).

First, wait until Season 2 to give a full opinion on Aunt Harriet, as she does have her moments in that season. Second, the reason for her existing in the show has more to do with the "Batman" ruse: homosexuality was still considered taboo at the time the show aired, and, out of concern that some people will mistake Batman and Robin as gay lovers, the people behind the show made sure that there was a female character of some sort residing in Wayne Manor.