1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two-Face" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 6, 2016.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

As revealed at NYCC 2016, Batman will face off against Two-Face in the next Batman '66 animated movie, slated for release in 2017. Official details will be released in the coming months. William Shatner will voice Two-Face, according to reports from Toonzone's own GWOtaku.

Stay tuned for further updates right here!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

Don't you mean False-Face? Harvey Dent/Two Face never appered the original Batman 1966 tv series

I am guessing a Oct/Nov 2017 Release for this Movie

• Like Like x 2
    #2 TheGreatOne2, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  3. JiminyCrick91

JiminyCrick91 Member

No. You are correct that he never was ON but an episode was famously written and never made. They turned it into a comic a few years back. One may assume that they are using that as a template for this film.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

This. Is. Quite. A. Casting. Choice. Wont. It. Make. Batman. Live. Long. And. Prosper.

(I had too cause of Shatner)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

In fact, the unused teleplay was written by Harlan Ellison. And, yes, it was adapted for the Batman '66 comic. I wonder if the animated movie will be a direct adaptation of that story? It seems like it would need to be expanded a bit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, looks like this could be a series after all. Shatner is interesting casting choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I think I can explain the title confusion. At tonight's panel Sam Register introduced the sequel as just that, the sequel to Return of the Caped Crusaders. He told the audience it would involve a villain that had not appeared in the old Batman 66 show. Then a very fleeting glimpse of the two-face design was shown. Then A very short clip was played during tonight's panel where William Shatner quipped that folks could "watch me go where no Batman villain has gone before next year" and describing the movie as "Batman vs Two-Face". Given the way he said it it's very understandable this would be interpreted as the title, but in fact it is - for now - to be taken as no more or less than the driving idea of the movie.

Of course, the title could still turn out to be this. Why not? Seems apt.

The movie may or may not draw on prior material, unused or otherwise. Absolutely nothing was offered on that tonight. This reveal was a welcome, sudden and very brief surprise.

Edit: Shatner's message can now be found in full. Listen and I think you will understand where the perception came from. https://www.instagram.com/p/BLPYqm3hNAL/?taken-by=dccomics

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #9 GWOtaku, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, we're getting a sequel? I certainly won't complain about more Batman '66 goodness, especially with a premise involving Batman facing off against a '66 version of Two-Face :D.

His design resembles his Brave and the Bold design quite a bit, just a little less cartoony and blocky, which makes sense given Tucker's involvement ;).

I'm also curious to see how much this might resemble the comic adaption, or by extension the unproduced script for the original '66 Two-Face, bearing in mind that things will likely be expanded upon to fit a movie length. Maybe we'll see Two-Face with his own moll :rolleyes2:?

And William Shatner as Two-Face should be glorious :p.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool to hear Two-Face will appear in the sequel, and William Shatner providing his voice should be fun.

Personally I think the movie will be more of an original story than an adaptation of the Two-Face story from the comics inspired by the '66 show. Similar to how the first movie doesn't seem to be based on a certain already existing story.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Otaku-sempai

The Ellison teleplay was titled, "The Two-Way Crimes of Two-Face". I've read that Clint Eastwood had been in discussions to play the villain before the episode was canned. Can you imagine that?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Since I was cheated out of an animated Two-Face when Beware the Batman was cancelled, this is a very nice way to make-up for that. ;)

For real, though, I hope we get so see some villains from the comic (Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Clayface, etc.) and some show originals (King Tut, Egghead, Bookworm, etc.). There's lots of fun possibilities for this line.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 4
  15. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Very interesting news! Hope this gets a cinematic release, like Return of the Caped Crusaders.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Here's my writeup on the news and what little we know so far, with a look at the design for Two-Face!. No casting or official staff info was officially announced at the panel besides Shatner and obviously Adam West, though I think you can bet money on Burt Ward as Robin again for a multitude of obvious reasons.

More to come regarding the Caped Crusaders event later.

http://www.toonzone.net/nycc-2016-b...usaders-gets-sequel-william-shatner-two-face/

• Like Like x 3
  17. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

It was a 1-shot special, Batman '66: The Lost Episode, released a couple of years back, before the monthly series ended. Not sold on Shatner as Dent/Two-Face, though. That screams casting mistake. I'd have gone with Robert Conrad instead (he's still alive, isn't he?).

18. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Sounds good... This has supposedly been in development for a while, so hopefully we won't have too long to wait. I wonder just how many 'DC Classic' movies WB plan on releasing each year?

Julie Newmar posted a script page from the upcoming movie, Batman: Caped Crusaders vs. Two-Face:

And here we have Wally Wingert possibly teasing even more Batman '66 down the line:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    #18 Pfeiffer-Pfan, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  19. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

I am guessing this will be released oct/nov 2017 since they are releasing: JL Dark (Jan-Feb 2017), Teen Titans: The Judas Contract ( Easter 2017) and Batman and Harley Quinn (July 2017)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Otaku-sempai

Maybe not. These Batman '66 films fall outside of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies and can be released on a different schedule.

• Agree Agree x 2