1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman TAS vs Superman TAS

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Super Batman, Apr 28, 2017.

?

Which show is better

1. Batman TAS

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Superman TAS

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Super Batman

Super Batman Banned

Which of these shows of the DCAU do you you think is superior?

2. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I am a bigger Superman fan than Batman. That said, BTAS is by far my preferred show. There were aspects of STAS that were kind of neat, and it was the gateway to expand from individual heroes to a wider DCAU. However, BTAS was the pioneer for how to do modern-day dramatic superhero cartoons, and it does a much better job of selling the interesting features of its protagonist than STAS could. I felt Batman/Bruce was simply more of a well-rounded character, with more nuance and interesting personality quirks. Some may argue it's merely a result of the fact that Batman is generally more interesting, but STAS' Superman still was comparatively blander than what he could've been. All in all, BTAS just had more to offer to me, despite my natural tendencies and preferences. Off the top of my head, if I had to think of the best handful of BTAS episodes, just nothing on the Superman side seems to compare. That's not to say there aren't good Superman episodes, it just doesn't have that same peak value.

3. A Brisk Autumn Day

I would personally say Batman, as I think it took more risks, had better characters that made more of an impact/connection with me, and had more great episodes. Granted, I LOVE Superman TAS, and I like it more than I thought I ever would before I first saw it. But in my opinion, it took a little bit longer to get consistently really great, if it ever did (there weren't many bad episodes, but more episodes were only good, no more, no less than Batman). Never got its footing quite as well. I'll happily rewatch them both, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #3 A Brisk Autumn Day, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  4. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

I like both shows but would have to agree that Batman TAS was the better show overall.

Then again, Bruce Timm and hi gang always seemed to have an easier time writing for Batman than Superman (but I'll take TAS Superman over YJ Superman and/or Snyder Superman any day).

5. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Bleggh not another one of these questions... ;);) jk,
    but honestly doing comparisons doesn't feel right, as both are different and are great by themselves.

Kallum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #5 Dusty, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  6. lucas

lucas Member

Good the super man has less bad episodes than the batman
    Superman has history arcs batman tas no
    Super man has better action scenes
    And super man has more violence and more blood than his own batman
    Has more super heroes
    The super villains are more diverse
    Super man has several scenarios while batman only has gothan
    The heavy moments of super man were much more remarkable since he had less these moments than batman

#6 lucas, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017