1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: TAS On DVD

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Russkafin, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Game

The Game One Stratusfied Customer

I have a question: several times in this thread people have refered to getting "all 109" episodes on DVD. To the best of my knowledge there are only 85 episodes. Are you guys refering to "The New Batman Adventures" as well as B:TAS? Please explain.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

B:TAS and TNBA are considered one series becuase they are based in the same continuity, hence why everyone says "all 109 episodes". Cool?

3. Russkafin

Russkafin Bringer of Darkness

I remember recently there was a petition that got well over 2000 signatures, requestiong season by season box sets... did Warner Bros. ever get that? And if so, what did they have to say about it? These petitions always start out as such a big deal but then you never hear anything about them.

4. baggins

baggins Member

In the U.K we had BTAS (70 episodes) and then The adventures of Batman & Robin (24 episodes) , which was done in the same
    animation as BTAS .We never got the third series The New Adventures of Batman (24episodes) in the U.K .Where the animation is a little more subtle, although we did get the video version World Finest.We are now showing on some networks
    Batman Beyond, (Batman of the Future in the U.K) which we've
    had two DVDs from the show , the same as you have had in the States. But if they are putting all the first three series out in one box set all the more better, for other than WF , I've never seen any of the other episodes.

5. AmazonPrincess

AmazonPrincess Wonder Woman extraordinaire

Oh how I look forward to release day of the BTAS dvds! But they BETTER be in season sets, or this will be one unhappy amazon. :)

6. baggins

baggins Member

Cool, really cool. I thought they would release them in same way in which the series were shown,BTAS (70 episodes) TAOBAR(24 EPISODES) and TNBA .If they put all 109 episdes out altogether as yo've said ,Fanstasic.

7. James Harvey

They show is considered the same show over here. It's been kept pretty togethor. As for that petiion, I recenbtly posted about it, resurrecting the thread, but it got little response and is now on Page 3 or 4. It had around 2400 signatures last time I checked.

8. James Harvey

Batman Animated DVD Confirmation!

The DVD is NOT THEMATIC!!!!!! The first DVD will contain episodes # 1 - 5. This comes from Bruce Timm himself. Expect full details in the news soon...

9. baggins

baggins Member

I thought it was too good to be true.As always WB don't get it right.They probably won't even realese all the episodes now.
    Ihope I'm wrong but if you go by thier past record it dos'nt bear well.

10. James Harvey

Well, we are getting them in production number anyways. Plus, the extras will be pretty neat. I got told of a coupl eof extras which should please fans. It will all be up in the newspage soon...so very soon...

11. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

BATMAN TO DVD!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will we be getting all the other episodes??? Which ones will be on the DVD?

On Leather Wings
    Cat and the Claw Parts One and Two
    Heart of Ice
    and which others???

OH MY GOD!!!! YOU'VE MADE MY DAY!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! YES!!!

#571 DisneyBoy, Dec 2, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2001
  12. DisneyBoy

Actually, hold it for a minute....

There are how many episodes? 130? So even if they keep releasing them in five episode sets, that would mean 26 DVD's, and something tells me that won't happen

I'm totally confused now, too mnay emotions, should I be happy or sad???

13. James Harvey

I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure whether or not to be estatic or upset. The DVD wil lcontain episodes #1 - 5. That means that there will have to be about 22 - 23 DVDs to get every episodes on disc.

Episodes #1 - 5 are:

1. On Leather Wings
    2. Christmas With The Joker
    3. Nothing To Fear
    4. The Last Laugh
    5. Pretty Poison

Oh, and fixed yer post, DB. :)

14. baggins

baggins Member

So long as they don't do what Paramount did with Star Trek the Next Generation and milk it for all the money they can.I see that they are putting all the series 1-7 in box sets eventually.I've callculated that 5 episodes for each DVD comes to 23 .If they charge about $14.00 a DvD thats not too bad.As long as they bring out all the episodes.If they go the way Universal went with the X-men animated series and charge $29.00 a DVD a think thats a bit of a rip -off.Region 1 DVDs go for about £16.00 about $12$ and region 2 even cheaper £9.00 -$13.00.

15. baggins

baggins Member

Thats in the U.K by the way.

16. DisneyBoy

Thanks for the fix, DG :) I can never manage to get those two things working at once. Not to pry, but did Timm mention what the WB's plans for the DVD's were? It is like: Let's release a few episodes, see how they sell, and then keep on releasing only a few episodes at a time? If they do that, then we're certainly not going to get all the episodes. Regular people aren't just going to pick up episodes, I dunno, 40-45, for the heck of it. They'll only buy the episodes if they've seen them on tv (which means there's even less chance of people buying what they can see for free on CN) and know they're good, meaning people will pick and choose which DVD's to buy, which means sales will be low, which means we'll never see a complete collection of the episodes. Wonderful....

17. James Harvey

I think WB might do this like Universal did with X-Men. (BTW - More animated X-MEN DVDs are coming in 2002) I think WB will release an initial set, and then go from there. Timm didn't mention WB's plans, but he did mention a cool extra which will be on them (it's in the newspage post). But these DVD's won't be as expensive. I was POed at the price Universal put on the X-Men DVDs, but these will be with a SRP of $14.99 - 19.99 US.

18. Failure

Failure Entertainment Mod

It sounds like a step in the right direction, but I still hope that they decide to release later episodes in multidisc disc sets like the Simpsons or the X-Files.

19. DisneyBoy

..I hope they start releasing all the episodes after this one, but what will they call it? It almost complete first season of B:TAS?

20. James Harvey

I'm guessing they will do what Paramount did and just call them volumes.

ie: Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.