1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: TAS On DVD

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Russkafin, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Game

The Game One Stratusfied Customer

It helps Cartoon Network in the ratings because people will watch it. Most Cartoon Network programming attracts viewers who are in bed well before eleven- but since B:TAS has much more of an adult following, they assume it will do better than Tom and Jerry, or whatever. Eleven isn't really that late guys- "Friends" reruns do much better ratings wise in New York at Eleven than at Seven (they're on twice a day), and this is one of the shows CN can offer later with a more mature audience which plans to watch it.

2. SSNTails

SSNTails This... is unbearably cool!

I know, I mean in cases with movies and stuff, such as Phantasm. You didn't have to buy two different versions - one side had full frame, the other side had widescreen.

3. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

I really really REALLY want to get this DVD set, as I know most of you do as well, but what bothers me that if the fans want the whole series at once, or if not that, than season by season sets, than how come the WB doesn't do this, as it makes the fans happier and more likely to buy the dvds, especially since now they can be taped of off CN.

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I have no idea why WB would think Season sets aren't smart. Look at how other sets are selling! This would definatly make happy fans, I think! This is something fans have been clamoring for and it's bne nice to actually see it done.

5. James Harvey

The DVDs are coming in 2002. WB has confirmed this. The only thing that is still a mystery is the format. I'm hoping to find out more about this by any means necessary...

6. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

I believe you, but how do you find this out? The WB websites still have the new B/S Ani. Series listed as showing at like 6:30 ON CN. I don't mind coming here for the news, and I still will, but I'd like to see where WB confirmed this. Thanks

7. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

I'm getting that sinking feeling about the theme sets....

After all, Batman is just a cartoon in their minds. If they wouldn't put Friends (a show where storylines continue through many episodes, making it only logical to release season sets) in season sets, why would they do it for a cartoon where episode order doesn't really matter, and fans would be contented just to get them all on DVD?

I want season sets too, guys :(

8. James Harvey

They confirmed it in a chat event held at www.hometheatreforum.com in October. Go to this site's newspage and search for Batman DVDs and it will come up.

9. baggins

baggins Member

Once they have put the work into making season DVD collections,
    they always have them in thier back catalogue to release, to coinside with movies or other enterprises they have in the future.

10. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

I tried the link, and it doesn't work. Or is it just me?

11. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

What season sets have they done so far? It sounds like you are referring to ones already done.

12. James Harvey

That was my bad. I always mix up 'theatre' and theater'. Here's the proper link:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/

Should this be intergrated into the current Batman: TAS on DVD thread?

13. James Harvey

WB hasn't done any season sets. They've released a handful of episdoes of various series to VHS/DVDs but no season sets.

14. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

aha, got it.

As for whether this should be in the regular BTAS on DVD thread... normally I'd say yes without hesitation, but that sucker's getting huge! So I'm not sure whether we should be consistent or accessable...

15. James Harvey

K - I'll leave this seperate for now. Maybe I'll slip it in when this thread dies down. I just wanna keep the Batman: TAS on DVD thread the center of this discussion.

16. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Hmm. Are we gonna start up a "part 2" to the the DVD thread when it hits 30+ pages, like we did the Official Avatar Thread?

17. James Harvey

Yup! I think that should be a regular practice now. 30 pages is a good number for a thread, so maybe we should start dividing when it hits the 30th page.

18. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

I tried hometheaterforum.com, I found threads saying WB confirmed it, but no WB transcript. Did I do something wrong?

19. baggins

baggins Member

No I mean the work done on the DVD version of BTAS. The animation and the timeless way the did the series was award winning and quite unique. As you know it is ten years since BTAS first aired , so there is one reason for a release. So if the sales
    are good, they will have a reason to release the series again in the future where it be to coinside with a movie release or as an anniversary issue.

20. mosszonedotcom

If you really want to help, go over to Cartoon Network and tell them that we want it to come on more often. Their feedback link is on the front page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.