1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: TAS On DVD

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Russkafin, Jul 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russkafin

Russkafin Bringer of Darkness

Batman: TAS coming to DVD

In the new issue of Wizard (#120), a fan writes in to Magic Words asking if the animated Batman series will be put out on DVD... they reply that Warner Bros. is planning to release "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" DVD collection in spring 2002!

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

THANK YOU LORD! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD SINCE I GOT THE JOB AS AN EDITOR! Ah man, this is such so great. Man...I'm getting all excited just thinking about it...I gotta get that issue of WIZARD now...

3. Beyond Batman

Beyond Batman The Tomorrow Knight

All I can say is:

YAY
    :D

4. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Praise be - but let's not get too excited. I for one will beleive it when I see it...

5. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

Re: Batman: TAS coming to DVD

Yes!!! Now i gotta get a DVD player though...

6. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

If you want your feelings known to WB. Go to the Home Theater Forum. ( www.hometheaterforum.com ) They will be hosting a chat with a dvd honcho from Warner Bros. It will be sometime in the beginning of October, I am not sure of the date.
    I was planning on asking if Batman & Superman animated (& Babylon 5) would be coming to dvd. This might be a good opportunity to let them know that we want ALL Batman episodes. Not "best of's" or only "Batman & Robin" episodes.

7. Bruiser

Bruiser Guest

Batman DVD

Sweet necter of the gods -- BTAS on DVD!

DG -- let us know as soon as you've confirmed this great piece of news.

Mmmm...boxed set...how cool would that be.:D

8. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

Re: Re: Batman: TAS coming to DVD

HA HA HA HA HA HA! That's funny dude. But I can't wait for them to come out either.

9. James Harvey

I am in the middle of getting it confirmed officially trough traditional means, and through my inside sources. But we should know soonn either way. Some other Batman and DVD sites are also working on this, so I'll keep ya'll posted! But I think we got a DVD collection coming out way...

10. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

Inside Sources. Amazing. You are the Canadian Clark Kent. But I think someone else called you this before.

11. Jokerfish

Jokerfish Guest

AWESOME...but 1 question....it said "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" DVD collection in spring 2002! My only question is...how do we know this is Batman:The Animated Series? Couldnt this be just 20 or so of The Adventrues of Batman and Robin? I mean, wouldnt you think the guy would say Batman:TAS DVDs instead of "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" DVDs? I HOPE he means ALL of them including TNBA :)

12. James Harvey

No one is really sure about that. I have a gut feeling this collection will be like the VHSs that were released in 1995 and 1997, where they used BTAS episodes, but used the new intro. I know WB won't just release all 114 eps at once. It's likely this is 'Volume 1.' of the series, like their Scooby discs.

13. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

I can't remember where I read it now (Previews mag maybe?), but its already been confirmed that B5 is coming to DVD.

14. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Clayface, yes Warner has hinted that 2 of the movies were coming to dvd. It was suppose to be in Aug or Sept. But, no word since then. And no word on the rest of the episodes. So hopefully, we will get some definitive info from the them at the chat.

15. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I am too jaded by previous exciting announcements that went no where, and I also will believe this when I see it. I hardly consider the letters column in Wizard an official announcement.

16. James Harvey

While it's not the best place to make an announcement, alot fo special announcements have been made in the letters page that have happened. I'm optomistic that this will happen, and I know it will.

17. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

When is truly the question, and in what format? Box set, hopefully. But I will be more excited when I see it up for sale. I've been waiting for Twin Peaks on DVD for a lot longer, and have been let down in the past. that's not to say it isn't being worked on, of course, but I question the date given for release.

18. James Harvey

It's to early to tell. I think they'll just release them like they do SCOOBY-DOO. One or two every once and while.

19. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Well, if they don't put them out in order, that's no biggie, just as long as they get ALL of them out on DVD. No skimping!

20. James Harvey

Yeah. I just want the episodes. As long as I get them, it'll do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.