1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: TAS on DVD Part 2

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by BrianUK, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianUK

BrianUK Brian Philip Davis

Batman :TAS on DVD

Just read James' news on the newspage and ...

WAAHOOOOO !!!!!!!!

5 eps per disc aint great but it aint bad. I guess the pain would be eased with some features and Timm introductions would do nicely for me !!

This is great news indeed.

-BrianUK (who comes out of the woodwork when there's DVD's to be talkin about)

Edit: This thread was merged with 'Batman:TAS on DVD Part 2'. Since this posted was posted first, this one will appear first.

#1 BrianUK, Dec 2, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2001
  2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It is great, eh? I'm glad I got some official new son this. Plus, he gave me some information on the BB:ROTJ Uncut DVD as well as the JL DVD. All these should hit 2002. I'll be providing more information on these DVDs when the Bruce Timm interview is unveiled...

3. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

I'll bet this is a test--Warner Bros. has listened to us (finally!) and are willing to consider the format, but want to make sure that they will sell. Future volumes could depend on how well these sell, so buy them up!

4. James Harvey

Agreed! I'll be medling this into the current Batman: TAS on DVD thread shortly, but I'll let it strive for awhile, first.

I think this is definatly a test as well, as are the release of WORLD'S FINEST and SUB-ZERO to DVD. If those sell good, then we can be assured more DTVs...

5. James Harvey

Yup, we've reached 30 pages so I've had to close the one and open Part 2. So, here's a little catch up:

The DVD is NOT THEMATIC!!!!!! The first DVD will contain episodes # 1 - 5. This comes from Bruce Timm himself. Expect full details in the news soon...

The DVD will contain episodes #1 - 5. That means that there will have to be about 22 - 23 DVDs to get every episodes on disc.

Episodes #1 - 5 are:

1. On Leather Wings
    2. Christmas With The Joker
    3. Nothing To Fear
    4. The Last Laugh
    5. Pretty Poison

And here's a link to the original thread:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11043

Here's alink to the WB Chat transcript at www.hometheaterforum.com :

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/warner2.txt

And the newspage post about the Batman: Animated DVDs:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13639

Okay - lets the discussions continue!

6. Tim Drake

Tim Drake Active Member

crap 22 DVDs!! I'm going to go broke!! At 15 dollars a DVD that's
    330 dollars!! At 20 dollars that's 440 dollars!!! I need to start saving!!!

7. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

That's a heck of a lot of money to spend... but I'll gladly spend it! Thank you, for giving us the episodes, all the episodes, in order!!

8. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

Yup, it's a lot of money, but it won't seem that way over several years. It's the "price" we must pay, :D.

Now, how about the Superman cartoon?

9. ZorBrak

ZorBrak I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.

YAHOO!!! Chronological order yeah!!! I URGE EVERYONE to buy this disc the more support we show Warner the better the chancs are of obtaining the whole series on DVD so EVERYONE GO BUY IT! Heck I'll buy one for me, my brother, and I may buy a few as presents

10. ZorBrak

To adress the above question Superman DVDs may not be as forseeable but it is rumored that the World's Finest DVD movie will also contain the other crossover episodes, other than that, no real animated sup news but it is coming back to Cartoon Network this winter and is being aired in chronological order so you can get good VHS ciopies just record em in SP mode and wait till DVDR players go down in price and walaa you got your Superman DVDs (thats what Im doing with Superman, Justice League and Batman Beyond)

11. MattL.

MattL. Active Member

I dont see why the wouldn't put Superman TAS on DVD as well.

Esepcially with the popularity of Smallville and Justice League it'd be idiotic of them not to.

12. James Harvey

World's Finest will be the test for Superman. I'm not sure why they don't do the same "test" that they are doing with Batman, but I guess they think this will be the way.

Did I mention these begin to hit in April of 2002 with Batman: Animated and the JL DVD. I think they either ALL hit in April or they are released beginning in April.

13. baggins

baggins Member

I fear this might go the same way as the VHS version of the series.
    They started off with the episodes in the order as they first appeared on T.V .But that did not last long.They finally released other episodes to coinside with thier live action movie releases.
    then they didn't release them in any order. They only released about 40 episodes from thier first series in all on video.Unless they are going to release 5-10 DvDs at a time , I can not see them doing all 109 episodes.

14. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

if I hadn't gone to the bathroom beforehand..I would've wet my pants...

5 per DVD isn't bad..I wouldn't mind 10 eps being Released a month..that'd be good...

and I'm so happy it's IN ORDER.....man oh man..I'm so excited........

And Billy Pye...with Bruce Timm behind these DVD releases, I doubt if he'll let them veer off course....we WILL get them in order by golly!

-BB

15. ZorBrak

<<I fear this might go the same way as the VHS version of the series.
    They started off with the episodes in the order as they first appeared on T.V .But that did not last long.They finally released other episodes to coinside with thier live action movie releases.
    then they didn't release them in any order. They only released about 40 episodes from thier first series in all on video.Unless they are going to release 5-10 DvDs at a time , I can not see them doing all 109 episodes.>>

why not? anime certainly gets that much and sometimes more and Batman TAS has plenty of fans the main concern is that all fans show suppoert and that we, buy em all, I know I will, it also should be noted that all of the TAS fans have aged considerably since the first video was released I was jsut a kid, so I wasnt even all that much of a movie buyer now i get 1-2 DVDs every week, so not only has the fan base expanded since then but people that were too young to care about the tapes then will want the DVDs now, the fan base has expanded since the tapes release also, since then new younger audiences were exposed to it on Cartoon Network and this will continue when it reairs next year, and Batman Beyond and Justice League may pull more fans in as well, I forsee that these DVDs will be quite succesful

#15 ZorBrak, Dec 2, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2001
  16. baggins

baggins Member

I hope you're right.I don't want to sound too pessimistic but WB has let fans down in the past. With Bruce Timm working behind the scenes maybe we'll all get what we want.I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

17. baggins

baggins Member

That is what the ardent fan would do. But for the ordinary consumer they would soon tire of waiting for them all to come out.
    Why couldn't they just think big for once. as I said to BB I hope I'm wrong.

18. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

There's no way I'm buying every DVD if they release 'em like that! I'll definitely pick up the first one, and then I'll have to see from there. Or I'll just ask for nothing but Bat-DVDs for Christmas :)

A Bruce Timm interview? Can't wait! Thanks for the good news, DG!

19. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I am glad they are doing it in chronological order, but did Timm indicate only a single DVD would be available at first, or just five episodes per DVD in a larger set? With what frequency will they be released?

20. Heehaw

Heehaw Banned

Am I the only one who is disappointed that the episodes aren't being released in airdate order. That is certainly preferable to production order, as it seems to be the case. What a crappy first disc(with the exception of On Leather Wings and Pretty Poison). If it were airdate order we would have gotten The Cat and the Claw 1, On Leather Wings, Heart of Ice, Feat of Clay 1 and 2. Three great episodes, 1 good(Cat), and 1 bad(Feat 1)

I'm not complaining, though, we're getting them and that's what matters. Now as long as they are remastered I'll be even happier. Those older shows sure are dirty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.