1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman/Superman/Beyond Trivia Quiz, part 2

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Nightwing, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

I don't like Taco Bell at all. All the places I've been to that serve hot sauce do so in a small bottle.

2. M'ral

M'ral Black Dragon

Hot sauce aside, the riddle in question was featured in IF YOU'RE SO SMART WHY AREN'T YOU RICH? The riddle was: "When is Mockridge as high as an elephant's eye?". I believe that was a from a song in Oklahoma, but I'm not sure.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new question.

3. M'ral

M'ral Black Dragon

Okay, I'm still without a question. Up for grabs. :rolleyes:

4. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I've got one.

In "Heart of Steel, Part 2" what is significant about the way Mayor Hill signs his name?

5. Calico

Calico Didn't you get the memo?

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, I noticed it was odd too: He signed it as "M. Hill" even though IIRC his first name is Hamilton (like the High School :D).

Was that it or did you have something else in mind?

6. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

I was hoping that would be harder, but you are correct Calico. Your turn. :)

7. Calico

How sweet it is :)

Well this should be super easy:

When Harley pops out of her, ahem, pie in 'Beware the Creeper' she's singing a song in homage/parody of something. What is it?

8. DarkLantern

DarkLantern Keeping my promise

Marilyn Monroe's "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" (to JFK).

Yes?

DL

9. Calico

Quite right! :)

10. DarkLantern

Okay, here's my doozy of a question:

Name all 12 characters in STAS that definitely know (or knew) that Superman is Clark Kent (besides Superman himself of course).

What I mean by "definitely know" means that the character said at least one line in the show that means that they know. For example, with his powers, Darkseid may know Superman is Clark Kent, but he never said he did. Further, although Clark jokingly "revealed" his secret to Lois in "The Main Man" part 1, and Lois heard Martha Kent refer to Superman as "Clark" in "Father's Day", Lois herself never said anything that confirmed she knew, and hence, she doesn't count either (but Martha does -- there's a freebie for you).

And to make it easier for me to judge/keep track of the answers, you must list all twelve characters in your post (even those mentioned in another post, like Martha Kent). In return, I promise to reveal all of the show references when I reveal/confirm the answer.

Let the brainbusting begin.

DL

11. Condiment King

Condiment King custom user title

Hmm.....

-Batman
    -Jonathan Kent
    -Martha Kent
    -Mr. Mxyzptlk
    -Supergirl
    -The Joker (?)
    -Lana Lang (?)
    -Pete Ross (?)
    -Batgirl (?)
    -Steel (?)
    -Parasite (?)
    -Ra's Al Ghul (?)

Some of those are educated guesses... :p

12. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

-John Kent
    -Martha Kent
    -Supergirl
    -Batman
    -Batgirl
    -Mr. Mytzlplk
    -Lana Lang
    -Parasite
    -Ra's Al Ghul
    -Braniac
    -Those three guys from the future that saved Clark from Braniac (do they count as three or one?)

13. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey, don't forget Robin! And I would assume that Alfred would know about Clark, too...but Robin must know after his time spent with Supes in KNIGHT TIME.

-Tim

14. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Okay, I'm pretty sure I've got the list right:

Jonathan Kent
    Martha Kent
    Supergirl
    Batman
    Mr. Mxyzptlk
    Det. Bowman
    Parasite
    Lana Lang
    Braniac
    Chameleon Boy
    Cosmic Boy
    Saturn Girl

Oh, and a 13th character...Superman! Hehe. Well, he does know!

The Kents and Supergirl need no explanation of course. Batman tracks the info down by the end of World's Finest I, Mxy shows off his knowledge early on in "Mxyzpxilated," Det. Bowman figures it out and gets to live with his knowledge for a dramatic second before getting fried in "The Late Mr. Kent," Parasite abosrbs the knowledge in both "Feeding Time" and "Double Trouble" before losing it at the end of each episode, Lana shows off her knowledge at the beginning of "My Girl," and the last four all go off to find Clark Kent as Supes in "New Kids in Town."

Batgirl and Supergirl share each other's identities for some reason, but Supes is kept out of it. Robin does work with Supes, and is out of costume at some point in "Knight Time," so Supes would logically have no problem figuring Tim out, but it doesn't work the other way around because Supes is never Clark in that episode. I would put money on Ra's knowing if we cornered Bruce Timm and asked him, but it's never proven (Talia uses Lois to lure Supes...she doesn't need to resort to using Clark).

So, DL, now that I ruined your fun by naming all the episodes, how about I compensate by giving you first crack at the companion question...You have to confirm my answer anyway. :)

Name 16 characters that demonstrate knowledge that Bruce Wayne is or was Batman. That is, other than himself :p. All episodes and movies in Bruce Timm continuity count, including Batman Beyond, but not dream sequences (Gordon and the GPD do not know just because of Over the Edge). The same restrictions apply as the previous question as well. In other words, the characters must make it completely obvious that they know during an episode. Zatanna, for example, could easily figure it out, but she doesn't say so during the episode.

#574 murmur, Nov 20, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2002
  15. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

murmur is most likely right but if he isn't forget this entire post in advance.

Alfred Pennyworth
    Barbara Gordon
    Dick Grayson
    Lois Lane (?)
    Tim Drake
    Selina Kyle/Catwoman (?)
    Superman
    The Joker
    Terry McGinnius
    Talia

That is all I could think of at the moment.

Note "(?)" means I am not sure if they actually mentioned anything about him being Bats in the series'.

16. DarkLantern

Murmur is indeed correct. Nicely done.

And thank you for rewording this question so eloquently for Batman. Here is my list:

Alfred Pennyworth
    Dick Grayson
    Tim Drake
    Barbara Gordon
    Ras A Ghul
    Talia
    Ubu
    Leslie Thomkins
    Kyodai Ken
    Dr Hugo Strange
    Andrea Beaumont
    Terry McGuiness (Beyond)
    The Joker (Beyond)
    Hardac
    Superman
    Lois Lane

I believe that is right. If so, next question is up for grabs.

DL

17. TimTwoFace

...I don't suppose the Penguin or Two-Face would count, even though they didn't actually realize it was the truth that Bruce and Bats were the same, huh?

OK, well since it's up for grabs, let's try this question:

How many times does Bugs Bunny appear in BTAS episodes or movies? And, when were these instances?

-Tim

18. M'ral

M'ral Black Dragon

I can think of two times, once in ROTJ (Ace is watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon), once in JOKER'S WILD (At some point, the TV in Arkham was tuned into a Bugs Bunny cartoon--I think it was at the end of the episode when Joker turns off the news report of his capture, prompting Poison Ivy, the Mad Hatter, and the Scarecrow to shout indignantly, "Hey, we were watching that!!"). I think one of the times a character was shown reading a comic book (either the Joker in THE TRIAL or a security guard in I forget which episode), it was a Bugs Bunny comic, but it might have been Tiny Toon Adventures.

Somebody please tell me if I'm on the right track! :confused:

19. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

20. TimTwoFace

Yes M'ral, you are correct! The comic book you're thinking of IS in fact a Tiny Toons book (in JOKER'S FAVOR), so the only times Bugs has appeared was in JOKER'S WILD and RETURN OF THE JOKER. Dini really had a thing for the ol' WB toons, didn't he?

-Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.