1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Inque, Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: weeee! First post as my newly taken-over character, Robin!! :D

IC (Robin):

As tired as I am, I just don't think I can sleep. I open my eyes and stifle a yawn. I get up halfway and swing myself off the end of the table. Batman's been gone for about 20 minutes and apparently...

I look around the cave and see I'm alone..all alone. Now I sorta know how Bruce feels. I shrug it off and throw my mask onto the batcomputer desk. I swing my neck around, cracking it a few times, trying to completely relax myself and yet stay awake..somthing I've only seen Batman do..

I take off my tunic top and place it in the "Case of Justice" as Alfred calls it. I begin to laugh at Alfreds many quirky remarks that never cease to peeve off Bruce...ah...those were the days.

I hear footsteps behind, and as I turn around I see An...Angela. Yeah that's her name. I give a quick Grayson smile and find myself asking a rather odd question..

"How do you feel?"

How do you feel? What kind of question is that Grayson? Honestly..

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking.." she replies, with a very slight smile. I guess I said the right thing.."So, how did you get in this business?" I ask

"Oh..well..well, I wouldn't same I'm IN the business..I just had this old costume and stuff..I got it 7 years ago for my tenth birthday.."

I stop listenting after that and do some quick math...7..10...crap... she's..

"You're only 17?" I blurt out. Ouch, bad move..
    She looks down and then back up "Yeah..turned 17 not too long ago" she replies.
    "Ah..you looked..uh, sounded older.." I reply, feeling my cheeks begin to turn. I tried to flirt with a girl 5 years younger than me..

Alfred begins walking down the steps with a tray of food. Great, somthing to break the awkwardness.

"Hungry, Master Grayson?"
    "Uh, yeah Alfred. But, I'm gonna go take a quick shower. Keep it warm, will ya?"
    "Certainly"
    "Thanks" I reply. I turn around and say nod at Angela and run up the batcave steps.

END.

OOC: Phew, that was baaad... lol. Anyway, Andrea (Emmy), I know Angela was playing the piano, but I was testing somthing out, so I guess the above could occur AFTER the piano part thing..

-BB

2. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

The following occured at 3:59 AM hours before the guards noticed Scarecrow was gone

Somewhere on the outskirts of Gotham City we are taken to a boarded up abandon house. It appears that no one has maintained it for years. We travel up a long flight of stairs leading up a hill to the doorway of the house. Step by step we get closer and closer. With each step there is a thud.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Arriving at the door there is a pause. As it slowly opens there is a loud screech. I pull the door open and then violently shut it locking it with metal bars.

Welcome to my nightmare

I journey around the old house inspecting my handy work making sure that interlopers have not disturbed anything. I walk up a long spiral staircase…

Thump

Thump

Thump

The wood cracks and pops with each step.

Thump

Thump

I arrive at the top of the stairs and flip a light switch. I see rats hurry across the floor to escape into the darkness. Walking down a long hallway I notice bugs crawling on the walls. They hide in the cracks to escape me. At the end of the hallway I reach a room. I turn the handle and pull the door out towards me. Rats run from the room around my feet and down the hall. I enter the room and turn on the lights. Around the room there are computers and TV monitors. I walk over to a control chair and sit down. I push a few buttons and power is restored to the house. There is a camera in every room in the house. From here I can see everything that goes on in the house. On each floor of the house there are rooms for me to conduct my experiments and watch them unfold here. Down in the basement is where I built my lab to produce fear toxins that will plague Gotham till the day I die.

“The time for payback is now. My House of Horrors will be the final nightmare for the bullies that have ruined my life. Your deepest darkest nightmares will come true.”

I stand up and shout…

“I AM THE MASTER OF FEAR! I AM THE SINISTER SCARECROW!”

3. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

Alfred
    9:05 am

As always, I’ve been quite busy. After clearing up the dishes downstairs in the cave and washing them, Master Dick arrived and of course wanted something to eat. I’ve learned to just expect that he’s hungry by now, and always keep a plate of food warming in one of the many ovens in the kitchen. So after asking whether he'd like something, and anticipating the answer correctly, I promptly brought him his breakfast.

I trudge back up the staircase to the manor. The elevator is well and all, but while I’m no spry chicken, I can certainly manage a set of stairs. Though, I would swear on my mother’s grave that there must be at least three million of them!

I can hear the music before I’ve even emerged from the doorway in the study. The piano we have is quite possibly older than I am, but no one in the manor ever plays it. Master Bruce can’t part with anything, though. So, in the end it’s more of a dust magnet than an instrument. Regardless, someone’s playing it.

I glance inside the door and see that it’s Miss Angela playing the lovely music; while, her mother stands next to the piano, listening with rapt attention. Not wanting to disturb them, I turn on my heel and see about my other duties.

Harley
    9:35 am

The hyenas and I bounce around in the car as I zoom around Gotham, en route to Mistah Jay. I can’t help but be excited about seeing my puddin’—I just miss him so much when we aren’t together.

I hafta say that my puddin’ is certainly keeping me busy today—this is the fourth place I’ve looked for him now and I still haven’t found him. But ooh is he having fun, all that pudding—I just am so proud of him. He really knows how to have a good time!

I pull into the driveway, doing about 105 mph. I stomp on the brake and hear the delightful squeal of tires. The back fender of the Batmobile stops the car abruptly, with a nice, solid “crunch.”

“PPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIINNNNNN!” I shout in Mistah Jay’s favorite singsong voice. I know it’s his favorite ‘cause he told me that once, so I try and remember to always say it just like that.

Wait. . . . Did I just say the Batmobile?

Wuh-oh!

“Eep!” I squeal as the Big Nasty Bat emerges from inside the house. I ram my foot on the gas and shove the car into reverse. Metal scrapes loudly and sparks fly everywhere, but I manage to disentangle the car from the Batmobile. I fly out of the driveway and zoom off down the road.

Oh boy, Mistah Jay is gonna be mad when he finds out I totaled another car, but at least I got to dent the Batmobile in the process! I let out a breath I didn’t even know I’d been holding and take a quick glance in the rearview mirror.

“Rats!” I hiss. Darn it he’s fast!

I yank open the glove compartment and rummage around for a gun. Batman’s gaining on me fast. He’ll catch up and ram me any minute. . . .

Instead of waiting for the inevitable, I swerve in the middle of the road, cutting off a car driving the opposite direction. Stupid idiot doesn’t even try to turn and plows right into the side of the car, sending my sweeties flying out of the backseat. They tumble to the ground, but leap to their feet unscathed, teeth barred.

I quickly grab my Bag o’ Tricks and leap out of the car. I put my hand out in front of me, like a crossing guard.

“Stop!” I shout, as the Batmobile continues forward.

Obediently, Batman stops the car inches from my outstretched hand. The car slides open and he lunges himself at me. I back flip out of the way, readying my gun mid-jump. I land on my feet and before I get a chance to douse Batbreath with Puddin’s laughing gas, a batarang smacks me in the arm and I drop the gun.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” I whine, frowning at him. I turn around to run, but before I even move one foot, he grabs my arm and wrenches it behind my back.

“Don’t even think about it,” he says, in that really deep voice that scares me right down to the tips of my pointy shoes.

“Going? Now, why’d you think a thing like that? I’m—uh—I’m not—not gonna go nowhere.” I look at him with eyes full of innocence.

“Sure you aren’t.” He tightens his grip and I wince in pain.

“Yanno, Mistah Jay isn’t gonna be happy if I’m late. He’s—he’s got important, uh, stuff for us—to, uh, do—yeah, really important.” I can feel the tears stinging the back of my eyes. Why’s he gotta grab me so hard. Sheesh, s’not like I’m some big macho guy, like Curly.

“That’s exactly what I figured. So, where is he?” It’s not a question—even I know that, but I don’t really have an answer.

“Geez, Bats, I dunno.” I gesture absently with my other hand. Since he’s still looking intently at my face, I stick my hand in my bag and grab another gun. It’s not laughing gas, but it’ll work. I bring my arm as far back as I can, without letting him see, and swing it towards him while pressing the trigger. A boxing glove smacks him smartly on the face and he staggers backwards.

I whistle for the hyenas and they leap to attention, jumping on Batman and snapping their teeth. While Bud and Lou distract The Bat, I scamper off into an alleyway.

OOC: Have fun, GS, just don’t beat me up too much, ‘kay?

~Bleu~

#383 Bleu Unicorn, Jul 3, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2002
  4. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

Batman

OOC: Okay, Bleu. [Cracks knuckles] :D

IC:

As the hyenas begin to tear me up a bit, I grab my knock-out gas pellets and break them open. I pry the jaws off of my arm and right leg and roll away. In the same movement, I release my cape from my cowl. The hyenas knaw on it until they pass out. I inspect myself quickly. That body armor gave me saved me some wear and tear. I dash after Quinn down the alley. Dead end. I look up the fire escape, her only exit. No sign of her...yet.

I shoot a grapple up and soar to the roof. As I touch down, nothing moves. No sounds. I turn carefully around. I know she's here, but she's being exceptionally quiet. I look down off the side of the building. The hyenas are still down there...and she won't leave without them.

The idea comes to me. It is rather cruel...but she did a number on the back end of my car. "Mangy filthy animals," I snarl down at the prone bodies. "Not even the zoo's going to want them. They're vicious. I'll put them to sleep and throw the corpses into a river. It's the best thing, since she left them." I grumble a little and begin to walk down the fire escape.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT MY BABIES!!" Quinn leaps over the side of the building and grabs me around the knees. "PLLLEEEEEEEEEZZZE."

I yank her up by her cowl. "Alright, we'll make a trade."

Her big blue eyes look at me. They're welling up with huge crocodile tears. "Y-y-y-eah?"

"You help me find the Joker, your pets live."

"And I won't go to Arkham."

"I didn't say that." She pouts in response to that. I add, "But I'll make sure they'll go with you." Her face lights up. "Deal?"

"Deal," she sighs. Her little monsters twitch in their sleep. Chasing bunnies, I suppose..."Wanna shake on it?"

I'm not falling for that one. I rip off her gloves and, along with the suspected joybuzzer, is about 15-20 other little toys, including a set of brass knuckles. She "heh heh"s nervously as I lead her back to the ground level. I'm about to put her into my car, when I remember that she isn't as dumb as she looks. That said, I cuff her and yank off her boots. "I'm gonna get sick because of you!" Quinn squawks. About 50 little gadgets pop out this time.

"Oh, and in case you're wondering, these handcuffs are computerized. Hairpins won't work this time."

Quinn pouts in her seat as I load her monsters into her car, roll up the windows nice and tight, and leave a note for the tow truck. Another thought occurs to me, and I rush back to front of my car to see that she has her feet wrapped around the steering wheel. I groan and cuff her ankles, too.

"Alright. Where would the Joker hide, Quinn?"

5. AndreaBeaumont

AndreaBeaumont The Genuine Article

ATTENTION RPG' ers!!!

OOC: Okay here's the deal guys. I figured as we approach a big plot climax it might be helpful to remember our "roots" so to speak. The reason the Beaumonts arrived in Gotham in the first place was to finalize the selling of their estate in England and place the money into a bank account accessible to Andy and Ang. They were then to move to Metropolis but were sidetracked when abducted by the Joker. I was just clarifying this b/c alot of people have forgotten the beginning of the RPG. I think someone needs to go through and summarize the whole RPG into bite-size form so newbies can easily catch up. On top of that I think we need to meet on AIM to get on the same page about the big climax I have plotted with RD but we need to let everyone else know what's going on.

6. The Guitar Slayer

OOC: BleuUnicorn (our dear Alfred and Harley) has summarized this thread. She'll post it as soon as she can.

7. catz

catz Member

~Catwoman

OOC: This is for Cyndy...and everyone who has been yelling at me!

I leap off the building seeing a few police cars on the ground. I hear them murmuing of "pudding" and "hostages", two words I didn't ever think would we uttered in the same sentence except for when the Joker is involved.

This would be so utterly boring to me if it weren't for the fact that Batman was involved.

Who was that woman anyways!!!???
    Not that it bothers me, but a cat has to know. Something keeps eating away at me about her and I'm going to find out whether the Bat likes it or not.

I take out my whip and go towards the direction the Joker was headed knowing I'll find him sooner or later.

~ :p

8. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

"Sanity is a little box"

9:37 AM

I have just finished setting up my lab and sent word to two of my old henchmen that I wish to employ them. I put the finishing touches on my assembly line and begin production of my fear gas.

“While the living walk in the sunlight I will prepare their demise ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!”

I begin to fine-tune my observation rooms. I make sure that everything is in proper working condition. From the cameras in the ceiling to the vents on the floor I make sure that no special surprise goes ignored.

I enter my nightmare creation room with the starved vermin I adore. I watch them creep and slither across their cages. I listen to them scream. I taunt them and close the door and journey deeper into the darkness where I find myself at home. Venomous snakes sing in my ear as I come near.

9:45 AM

I watch as my world of fear comes to life and poises it’s self to take over the world of the living. Visions of the bullies that have plagued my life being tortured and maimed for my enjoyment put a sparkle in my eye. The fear gas is ready.

10:00 AM

My two henchmen arrive and I brief them on the appending doom that I will bring with my ghostly white hand.

“Using the symbol of my childhood shame I will turn the tables of terror. You two will be my agents of fear. Do as I say and I’ll make you both very wealthy. Oppose me and you’ll end trapped in your deepest darkest fears. Do we have an agreement?”

I watch them nod and quiver in fear.

“Yes boss.” That’s what they called me.

I brief them on their duties.

10:16 AM

I dismiss them to their duties.

10:20 AM

I stand looking out a third story window thru a torn curtain. I look out into the backyard that will serve as the graveyard for all the bullies of Gotham City. The dead trees block the sunlight.

[Thinking to myself.]

“Gotham wants to romanticize crime on the 6 O’clock news. Costumed madman terrifies Gotham? Clowns, WWF rejects, and freaks all nothing but rank amateurs. Terror has a new name…”

[Screaming out loud.]

“THE MASTER OF FEAR! THE SINISTER SCARECROW!”

9. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

OOC: First, in case you haven't noticed it -- there is now a summary of the Batman RPG (not that I'm plugging it or anything :D). Second, this post is your fault, GS. I know we discussed how I was supposed to get away (at 3 am my time) but I couldn't remember it all. So, forgive me.

Harley
    9:55 am

I gasp, ignoring his question and stare past him to my car. My babies! I burst into tears. “You can’t leave them in there like that!” I sob, “You promised I could still be with them!” He takes a quick glance back at my car—just enough time to wiggle my feet out of the cuffs. Now, who’s the dumb blonde? “It’s the middle of June Bats—they’ll die!” I wail when all he does is turn around with that ominous stone-cold look he’s so good at.

“Quinn, where’s The Joker!” He growls at me, leaning into the Batmobile. I just whimper in reply, starting to truly panic. Mr. Freeze isn’t making it snow and the weather really is getting awfully warm—what if they really do die in there. Oh, no! Not my precious babies! My whimper turns to real tears, wracking sobs included. He gives me a gruff sigh and walks back over to the car and starts to pull out my sweeties, instantly stopping my worries. I almost squirm with delight, but instead wrestle my hands through the cuffs. In record-breaking time, I put on my gloves and boots, gather up all my loose gadgets and throw them in my bag.

“Hey, Batbreath,” I yell, as I hop out of the Batmobile, “deal’s off!”

He turns around slowly—dropping one the hyenas on the ground in the process. I’ll have to thank Batman for that one. The force of the fall jolts Lou awake and he leaps to his feet, just as Bud starts to come around.

“I’ve thought it through—“ I say, rifling around in my bag “—and I think it’s not a fair enough bargain.” I yank out a huge container of vanilla pudding. It’s amazing what I can fit in this thing sometimes. With a huge grin plastered on my face, I pull off the top and hurl it at The Bat. “You’ll have to forgive the irony, Bats, puddin’ seems to be the theme for the day.” I say, laughing—which only increases more at the sight of a pudding-covered-Batman.

While Batman works his way out of the pudding enough to even see, I run off down the street—followed closely by Bud and Lou. Around the corner, a red-haired lady gets out of her car and I tackle her to the ground, tugging her keys out of her hand. Before she even gets back to her feet, the hyenas and I have hopped in her car and we’re speeding away down the street.

“Mistah Jay, hold on, your Harley’s on her way!” I shout at the top of my lungs.

Behind me I hear the roar of an engine and I can see the Batmobile speeding through the streets.

“Gee, I thought he only worked at night!” I mutter, wondering if he saw me steal this car. Yeah, like he doesn’t know everything going on in the city, I think to myself.

OOC: I have this really screwed up visual now of Batman covered in pudding and driving the Batmobile... Anyway, GS, I guess we could have Harley get away -- and we'll just have Batman find her later? (Or if you really want to drive with pudding on yourself for hours, in the heat?) Up to you... I'm dying of laughter over here....

~Bleu~

#389 Bleu Unicorn, Jul 8, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2002
  10. The Guitar Slayer

OOC: After all this pudding talk, I've developed an aversion to the stuff. Thanks, Bleu. :p

IC: Batman

I see a white mass come at me, and before I can duck, it hits me with a sickening splat.

Uggh. Vanilla pudding. I have the misfortune of having my mouth open at the time, so it goes straight down my windpipe. I gag and spit the stuff out. I hear Harley say something about Mr. J, and I hear her run off with her beasts. I grab my cape off the ground and wipe my face enough for me to see where she went. I hear a woman yelp and the screech of tires. I throw my cape onto the drivers seat and sit down. No need to mess up my interior as well.

I don't hurry to catch her. As I was dragging one of the horrible things out, I attached a homing device to its collar. Wherever she takes them, I'll know. I drive by the woman to make sure she's all right. She looks a little bruised, but there's an officer speaking to her right now. I put the car on autopilot and try to mop up some of this pudding.

I soon realize the stuff has seeped into the suit itself. Another one ruined. As my thoughts travel to Alfred's fit later, he calls me on the radio. "Batman."

"Yes, Alfred."

"Ms. Andrea has left the Manor."

Uh oh. "Did she take Angela?"

"No, sir, she's here..." I hear strains of piano music in the background. I smile slightly; that thing hasn't been played in years. Surprisingly, my teacher said I never had the discipline for it.

"Put Angela on quickly, Alfred."

There's a pause. Then, "Batman?"

"Yes. Where did your mom go?"

"I don't know. She said she was going on a business trip. My guess would be Metropolis."

"Thank you. Put Alfred back on, please." Another pause. "Alfred, did she take her suit?"

"I'll check..." A minute or two later... "Yes, sir," he answers grimly.

I lock my jaw. "I'll be home in a few minutes." I flick the radio off. Andrea's missing. Wonderful. On top of everything else.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive in the cave and wait for the car to reach the upper level. I climb out, still sticky, and rip off my cowl. The stuff even got in my hair. A shower is in definite order. I take off the top half of my suit and go over to the Crane. I buzz Alfred to come down to attend to the remains of this suit. I turn the news and listen as I remove the last of my uniform and step into the shower.

I turn it on...and it's freezing. It's just one of those days.... I groan, shiver, and wait for it to heat up. Finally, the hot water comes on and I begin to scrub off the pudding. Steam rises up from the shower and fogs up the glass door. I hear Alfred "tsk tsk" outside as I scrape some pudding off my collarbone.

Finally, the last of the pudding is gone. I turn off the water and breathe in the steam for a moment. I crack the shower door and grab a towel and my robe. I dry myself off, cover myself adequately, and step back out into the cave. I sit down alone at the computer and look at the mess before me.

It's going to be hell. I sigh. The silence of the cave envelops me and deafens me. I reach over and turn on the speaker to one of the upstairs rooms. The piano music floats down into the cave. I close my eyes, lean back, and listen.

11. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: Taking over the reins of Batgirl, wooo! oi, get to jump into the fray now, here goes...

Batgirl/Barb Gordon, 10:00AM

IC:

I turn the keys and the car hums to life. It seemed like I'd been running around and nothing else. First stopping by the GCPD, talking with Robin, and continually trying to get hold of my father. I'd gone to the hospital, only to find that he'd left and headed back to the station. So now I was back in my car, frustrated with not being able to get hold of my father, and not really in the mood to go over to the station at the moment. I leaned forward,resting my head on the steering wheel. A sudden thought occured, which made me feel much happier, as I jolted back up. I'll go see Dick! In a bit of a better mood I joined the flow of traffic and made my way to Wayne Manor. Seeing and talking with Dick, heck and Alfred too actually, would definitely improve the way things had been going.

Sooner than I thought, but what still seemed a long time in getting there, I pull up to the manor, and set the car in park. Practically bounding over to the massive front doors I knock twice.
    "Coming!"
    I hear the familiar, friendly voice say from within. Alfred smiles as he opens the door.
    "Good morning, Miss Gordon! It's a pleasure seeing you today."
    he begins as he allows me inside.
    "Nice seeing you as well Alfred."
    I reply.
    "You've come at a most opportune time, we were just about to have brunch."
    I grin.
    "Really? Sounds great Alfred, thank you."
    "My pleasure dear."
    A few bits and pieces of a song reach my ears, and I realize that it's coming from the piano I never thought anyone played.
    "Alfred..whose playing?"
    "Oh, why that's Miss Angela Beaumont."
    I blink.
    "Excuse me?"
    "The daughter of a friend of Master Bruce's."
    He finishes, and with that he leaves me by the stairs, headed for the kitchen. I raise an eyebrow...."friend of Master Bruce's"...yeah, sure.

"Al, is that you?"
    I hear Dick's muffled voice question from somewhere upstairs. A moment later he comes bounding down the stairs.
    "Al, do you know where my clean clothes...."
    He stops about five steps up from me, gripping the towel that's around his waist.
    "..are...?"
    he finishes, positively blushing. I blush as well, forcing my giggle in check. He rubs the back of his neck nervously with his free hand.
    "he....hey Babs. Didn't know you were coming over..."
    I can't help but rake over with him with my eyes, still blushing, my smile growing wider and sweeter.
    "Oh! Yeah. I just, well, wanted to stop by...see you and all that...."
    I glanced down at my feet, thinking I'd never expected to see this much of him!
    "I know you're laughing...or at least thinking about it!"
    Dick says abruptly. I glance back up and see that goofy grin flashing on his face...just a step away from that trademark "lady killer smile" that only he seems to have.
    "Maybe...maybe not."
    After that though, I couldn't help but utter a laugh.
    "Yeah, that's what I thought!"
    He cleared his throat.
    "I ah....think it would be better if we continued this conversation after I was in actual clothes..."
    I must have noticeably frowned because he took that step and flashed THE smile. But suddenly I could feel that it was plastered on his face, and hearing someone clear their throat behind me, made me realize why. I whirled around, brushing the hair out of my eyes, and at the say moment say,
    "Hi, Bruce!"

12. The Guitar Slayer

10:45 AM

I look down at Barbara as she pulls strands of hair out of her eyes to look up at me. "Hello, Barbara. How is your father doing? I've heard about some of the stuff that's happened lately." Dick frantically waves a hand behind Barb, signalling me to beat it. I smile and listen to Barbara as Dick tries to chase me away without attracting any attention.

"Daddy's okay. Harvey...I mean, Officer Bullock was shot, but he's going to be okay." Barbara is unaware of Dick practically dancing behind her.

"How are your studies going at the university?" It's a rare moment when I get the opportunity to drive Dick crazy instead of the other way around.

"They're going well. I might be able to graduate early, but then again I might stick around and take on a minor." I nod and listen as she continues. Dick cinches his towel a little tighter around his waist and waits.

"What brings you to the Manor today, if I may ask?" I calmly ask.

"I wanted to see Dick," she answers quickly. Now is my time to exit.

"I think you almost saw too much of him. See you later, Barbara, and give my regards to your father." With that I turn on and head into the parlor, leaving a nervous silence in my wake.

I enter the parlor and see her swaying to keep time as she plays classical music on the ancient piano. My mother used to play it when I was small. Now my daughter does. Odd how things cycle and come back. I quietly sit down on the sofa and listen. Angela acknowledges my presence, but she doesn't stop playing. I watch her as my sight grows dim. I didn't sleep enough...did I sleep at all?

The music suddenly changes to a more familiar melody. An old rock ballad of some sort, from before I can remember. In a lovely, soprano voice she beings to sing along:

"Oh, Angie, Oh, Angie, when will those dark clouds disappear
    Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here
    With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats
    You can't say we're satisfied
    But Angie, Angie, you can't say we never tried

Angie, you're beautiful, but ain't it time we said goodbye
    Angie, I still love you, remember all those nights we cried

All the dreams we held so close seemed to all go up in smoke
    Let me whisper in your ear
    Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here
    Oh, Angie, don't you weep, all your kisses still taste sweet
    I hate that sadness in your eyes
    But Angie, Angie, ain't it time we said goodbye

With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats
    You can't say we're satisfied
    But angie, I still love you baby, ev'rywhere I look I see your eyes
    There ain't a woman that comes close to you, come on baby, dry your eyes

But Angie, Angie ain't it good to be alive
    Angie, Angie, they can't say we never tried"

She hits the final chord. "Mom said that's my song...I've always had the fear that she'd disappear in that smoke and never come back to me."

I understand. "It's always a risk with people like me and her."

She understands, too. "I'll always try to find her." She goes back to playing....I listen to her as I lose my connection to reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I wake up with a start. I look for the clock....5:30 PM!! Oh no. Where is she? Where's Alfred? Did I miss anything? I hate sleeping.

"Alfred!" I shout down the hall.

"Yes, Master Bruce?" He comes in from the kitchen stirring a saucerpan full of something.

"Did I miss anything?"

"I would have awakened you if the Joker had popped up again, sir."

"Where's Dick?"

"Out preparing for Grace's transfer. I would assume he's with Batgirl."

"What about Andrea?"

"She has not returned at all."

"What about Angela?"

Alfred pauses. "I saw her go to her room several hours ago. I have not seen her since."

My mind flashes back to the conversation. "Where's her room?"

He puts the pieces together as well. He leads me quickly down the hall toward her room. "Angela," I say as I knock on the door. No answer. I gently turn the handle. The door opens. Nobody is there. "Alfred, check if she took her suit." Alfred heads down to the Cave as I look around.

The window is open, and the bed linens have been used as a rope. I see a note on her white pillow.

"Dear Bruce,

I have to find Mom. She might not come back this time unless I get her.

Angela."

I ball up the note in my hands. I hear Alfred behind me. "Alfred, get the car ready." I brush past him as I head down to the cave. Another night of fun.

13. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

OOC: Ack! Everyone keeps adlibbing me, not that I mind. Except, now I have to play catch up!

~Bleu~

Alfred
    10:00 am

I descend the stairs rapidly. I do hate giving Master Bruce unwelcome news, but the sudden departure of Miss Andrea is most assuredly of great importance to him. With a small amount of trepidation, I hit the communicator button—I do hate this thing, I must say, I always feel like I’m talking to myself. I relay the message to Master Bruce and much to my own surprise discover that The Phantasm suit is missing. Oh, dear God. This is not good. But I keep my thoughts to myself.

Minutes later the Batmobile pulls into its turntable parking spot and Batman unfolds himself from the car. A bark of laughter threatens to erupt from me, but having years of practice in keeping myself in check; I’m easily able to swallow it back. Master Bruce deposits his suit piece by piece and marches purposefully to the shower.

“I trust dessert won’t be necessary with dinner tonight, Master Bruce?” I ask, clucking my tongue at the awful mess he’s made of his suit. Always cleaning and repairing this thing, though the new body armor seems to have held up, save for some teeth marks.

My only reply is a gruff sounding sigh and I can’t help but smile. He never did know a good joke, lest it slap him in the face first. I shrug and head upstairs to try and salvage the Bat-suit.

I reach the clock just as the doorbell rings. Never a moment’s peace, I swear. “Coming,” I announce, quickly stashing the suit in the laundry chute, as I walk over to the front doors.

With a huge smile, I pull open the door, “Good morning, Miss Gordon! It’s a pleasure seeing you today!” I pull the door farther open and usher her in. We have a short conversation regarding the entrancing piano music, when Master Dick bounds down the stairs. I suppress a sudden urge to laugh hysterically and instead excuse myself and return to the enormous task of cleaning Master Bruce’s suit.

11:30 am

I watch Angela quietly ascend the staircase to her room and stick my head into the study. Good gracious, he must have had a rough morning as Batman. Though, he certainly has been running on very little sleep lately. Even for him. I grin at the softly snoring figure and quietly go about the rest of my work. Master Dick, after getting dressed, and Miss Barbara are in the living room and the absence of the piano music leaves us with the deafening silence of the manor. It’s something I’ve become all too accustomed to.

5:31 pm

Alfred! “ echoes through the halls of Wayne Manor and I all but jump out of my skin. Amazingly, I don’t spill any of the sauce I’m making.

“Yes, Master Bruce?" I ask, walking towards the source of my bellowed name.

"Did I miss anything?" I’m not surprised anymore by this question—I truly think he’s come to believe that any moment not spent out saving someone is wasted time. No wonder he never sleeps, lest he’s so worn out he couldn’t possibly stay awake.

"I would have awakened you if The Joker had popped up again, sir."

He rakes a hand through his hair and I wait for any orders he might bark at me. Instead, "Where's Dick?"

"Out preparing for Grace's transfer. I would assume he's with Batgirl."

"What about Andrea?" he asks, sounding slightly panicked.

"She has not returned at all."

"What about Angela?"

I open my mouth to reply, pausing to remember the last time I saw the child. "I saw her go to her room several hours ago. I have not seen her since."

"Where's her room?" he starts to run up the stairs and I calmly walk past him, leading him through the halls to her room. He rushes in, takes a cursory glance and snatches a piece of paper off the bed. Before I’ve even completely taken in the fact that she’s gone, he bounds past me towards the cave, shouting over his shoulder, “Alfred, get the car ready.”

I shake my head and head downstairs, remembering to grab the now freshly washed and repaired suit, en route.

14. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

IC (Robin):

10:14 am

I'm practicaly putting on a song and dance number back here. Come on Bruce...

"I think you almost saw too much of him. See you later, Barbara, and give my regards to your father."

Finally! Wait, I'm still in my towel..crap. As soon as Bruce leaves the room, I look at Barbara.

"Hey Babs..hold on! I'll be right back!" I say, bolting up the steps. I hear her giggling slightly as I shut my door. Wait..I don't have any clothes in here....

"CRAP!" I say outloud, searching my dresser for anything. Serves me right for just giving Alfred my dirty laundry last night...

I open my door and begin running down the stairs, holding my towl up. "I'll be right back Babs, I promise!" I say, walking backwards and then turn around and begin running towards the laundry room. I swear, this could have been a comedy routine.

I open the door to the laundry room and find the dryer just shutting off.

"Ahh...great" I say, allowing myself a small grin. I open up the dryer and pick out my outfit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10:20am

"Sorry about that Babs!" I say, sitting down next to her. "Couldn't find anything to wear" I finish.
    "So I saw" she replys, beginning to laugh again.
    "Hey! It wasn't that funny" I reply, releasing another one of my grins. She begins to laugh more and I begin to shake my head.

~~~~~~~~

1:54pm

Even after hours of talking to Barbara, I never get tired of it. She's the easiest person to be around, talk to..everything. I stare at her eyes for about 5 minutes before I realize she's stopped talking and staring at me. We both snap out of it at the same time and try to surpress laughs, which doesn't work. We sit in silence for a couple minutes before I turn on some dancing music. I feel Barbara's head rest on my shoulder, while she listens to the music. Despite it being dancy, I'm beginning to get...

I let out a small yawn and close my eyes for awhile. I feel Barbara shift a little and then I drift off...

~~~~~~~~~

4:47

My eyes slowly open up and I lift my watch up to look at the time. My slowly-awakening brain finally is able to read the time and I see the hands are laying at 4...47?? Holy..

I bolt up and look around for Barbara. She must've left. I run to the window and look for her car... yup, it's gone. Great. I head down into the cave and get my suit on. It's still early, but I need to get to the hospital for Grace's transfer. The clock slides back to reveal the dark steps that I go down almost everyday. My shoes tap on the ground, making the sounds echo across the enormous cave, scattering a few bats. I walk up to Alfred, who's mending Batman's suit....again.

I head into the vault and remove a new Robin suit, belt, and boots. I reach down for a mask and then close the door.

~~~~~~~

5:03

I emerge from the vault, fully clothed. I somehow never get the rush that I can image Bruce getting when he sees himself in the suit...must be the ears..I need ears.

I look over where Alfreds sitting and then to the floor. There's some...

"Pudding?" I say outloud.
    "Long story Master Dick. I assume you'll be going to the hospital?"
    "Yeah..hopefully Batgirl will be there too. If Barbara happens to call Alfred, tell her I'm..well,sorry. I didn't fall asleep because of her.."
    "Of course Master Dick"
    "Thanks Alfred"

Alfred nods his "your welcome" and I walk towards the batcycle, mounting it and then revving the engine. I head over the thin platform leading to the exit.

~~~~~~

I hop off the cycle and stash it in a dark alleyway, covering it with a tarp and some of the garbage that litters the corners. I climb up the ladder and find Batgirl sitting on the ledge, her legs dangling over the edge.

"You're late" she replies, looking back at me.
    "I...fell asleep." I reply. She slightly coks* her head, obviously pondering somthing about what I just said.
    "So, anyway...anything happening?" I ask
    "Doctors are just now starting to begin the transfer.." she replies.

I sit down on the ledge next to her and let the wait begin.

END.

OOC: hope that was fitting for all.. :p

*-since the other form of it is blocked out by the sensor, I couldn't put the CORRECT spelling down..

-BB

15. AndreaBeaumont

"Lament to Old Times..."

11:00 a.m.

I sigh as I walk out of the Gotham's First National Bank. I turn and check the giant clock on the side of the building; 11:02 a.m. I spin around and candidly think, "Where to next?" I look down and smooth my pale, rose, knee length skirt and look to my left down main and then back up right. What else needs to be taken care of? I start off down the sidewalk looking in store windows and let my mind wander to when I still lived with Daddy and I would come here and shop for business suits for him while he was at the office.

I'm suddenly jolted out of my daze as someone bumps into me running out of a store. My eyes follow a little boy with his mother in tow who mummers a quick, "I'm sorry," before chasing off after him through a cross walk. I think of Ang as my eyes catch television screen in the shop across the street relaying stocks news which suddenly switches to Summer Gleason. A small picture of the Joker flashes in the corner of the screen. I make my way across the street and step insid ethe small T.V. repair shop. I pick one of the smaller T.V.'s and turn up the volume.

"In local news, still no reports on the Joker's whereabouts though many damage reports are pouring in from his sudden vanilla pudding rampage taking place in Gotham suburb's and higher living districts. In more recent news, Scarecrow has apparently escaped from Arkam..."

A voice shakes my attention from the screen, "Hey can I help you with anything?" A rather fat and greasy looking man asks with his back to me, "'Cause ya can't just..." He turns around with some metal contraption in his hand, "Oh...a real customer." He drops the hunk of metal and quickly swoops out from around the counter, eyeing me up and down, "So you like that one huh?" He gestures to the small dingy television which I was previously watching. He licks his lips and leans in closer, "It's a small little thing, suitable for a pretty thing like yourself.." I cringe slightly, as the smell of his breath hits my nostrils.

"I was just browsing...I'll come back later," I see a slight smile curl on his pudgy round face and add quickly,"With my husband."
    He stands up straight suddenly, indignant and bored. "Yeah whatever..." He mutters going back to his work.

I walk out the store and glance around, feeling my skin crawl. I shutter and turn down an alley way, stepping over garbage and over turned trashcans. Now to finish tying up loose ends.

~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-

[color=sky blue]I play until the end of the concierto and stand up from the piano, stretching. I smirk slightly as I see Br...dad asleep and snoring softly against the wall. "G'night dad..." I mutter softly as I tip toe quietly out of the parlor. As the sound rolls off my tongue it just feels...odd. I'm just not used to saying it;dad. I trudge up the grand stair case of the mansion, slowly taking in the vastness of it all.

I reach the top of the stairs and try to remember which room is mine. I shrug and head right and pick the 3rd room on the left. I walk in and see my suitcase on the bed. I walk over while taking a quick glance around the room since I hadn't really noticed anything the first time I was in here.

I hear a noise behind me and I turn my head while reaching into my suitcase to grab some clean clothes.

Hmm...
    laughter.

It seems like such a long time since I've heard that. I pull out the contents of my suitcase randomly and turn my head back to find my suit in my hands. I sigh heavily and sit down on the edge of the bed, running my hands along the silky material. I toss it aside and shut my suit case while pushing it onto the floor with a small thud. I lay back on the bed and gaze at the ornate carvings on the bed as my eyes grow heavy and the warm blackness envelopes me.[/color]

5:00 p.m.

[color=sky blue]
    I wake up with a start, sitting up ridgidly in bed. I'm covered in sweat. "Oh what a horrible dream..." I mutter in between swallowing mouthfuls of air. I glance at the clock and jump up...

5:03?!

"Mum."

I run out of the room and press myself against the wall and peek down over the railing, overlooking the main room. I tip toe down the stairs and bound down the cave steps stopping like a deer caught in headlights halfway down...I quickly scan the area for dad or maybe Alfred. I let out a quick sigh of relief as no one's in sight and continue down the steps. I reach the main floor, not exactly sure what in the bloody hell I'm looking for until I see one the medical tables.

Mum's costume...

Gone.

I run back up the two sets of stairs carefully and turn to make sure I wasn't heard. I dash into the room and toss my suit into a black backpack. I zip it up while heading into the hall and peek over the steps to see Alfred straightening up downstairs. I mutter in French to myself and head back into my room cursing in German. I sigh and moan to myself as Mum's voice pop's into my head, "Ang I really wish you'd put your knowledge of other languages to better use..."

I run over to the window and throw it open and quickly look down. No bushes or dogs or anything. I glance hurriedly around the room for something to use as a ladder. I spot the tangled bed sheets and quickly knot them together and tie them to an ornately carved bed post, giving it a couple jerks to make sure it'll hold. I climb halfway out the window and then think of something. I climb back in and find a peice of paper and pen and scribble a note to...dad. I give the room another once over glance to make sure I haven't forgotten anything and climb down and out the window.

"I'm coming Mum.."[/color]

16. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

(Batgirl)

4:30PM

I snuggle closer to the warmth against me, slowly opening my eyes. Must have dozed off for a while there when I was talking with.....Dick. My eyes snap open and I glance up, realizing that I'm pratically cuddling with Dick who thankfully is still asleep. I can't help but smile. He's so adorable when he's asleep, not to say he isn't when he's awake, but there's something about him when he's asleep. He's got these thick, girlish eyelashes and a hint of a smile, and this one lock of hair that falls over his forehead.
    "Thanks for the great afternoon."
    I say gently, kissing him softly on the forehead as I carefully slip out of his arms. I glance at my watch. 4:33. I've got just enough time to hightail it out of here, change and meet Robin over at the hospital. Taking a last glance at the couch I head out of the manor.

5:10PM

"you're late"
    I remark as I feel Robin come up behind me.
    "I...fell asleep."
    He replies, rather sheepishly. I glance at him, there was something about him saying that that made me think about Di....I shake my head, stupid thought.
    "So, anyway...anything happening?"
    he asks.
    "Doctors are just now starting to begin the transfer." I reply, glancing down below.
    He sits down besides me, our legs dangling over the ledge. I laugh to myself as we both pull out binoculars, seeing stirring below. Robin looks at me, a smile etching on to his face. I stare.
    "What?"
    He asks, his face showing his confusion.
    "It's just that you....nevermind."
    I glance back through my binoculars.
    "Yep, they're just about to put her in the car it looks like."
    Robin follows suit, looking down below and nodding. We both watch as they load her into the ambulance, guards everywhere.
    "Something's not right."
    Robin says quietly.
    "What?"
    "Come on."
    He puts his binoculars away, and moves further along the edge, crouching down.

17. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

HELLLLLLLOOOOO GOTHAM CITY! I'm your chef thhhhhhhhhheeeee JJJJJJJJOOKKKKKKEEERRRR!

[color=729448]Saturday, June 18th
    1:55pm

How wonderful! We finished on time. Harley can appear at the most opportune times! Why on the way to the taxidermist dear Harley was walking along the road hollering for me. So sweet of her! Now I have someone to test the seasonings in the couscous!

5:55pm

Ah, they look so innocent the lot of them. Here I am waiting for the clock to strike six to unveil my lovely cuscus couscous. The stuffed cuscus is so darling! It'll be on a great pedestal as I give Ms. Shannon Grelmer the first lovely bite. If there's one person who hates killing even the most vicious child biting dog she's the one. Well now this cuscus will certainly bite her insides! Look at its adorable face!

I adjust my suit and signal for Harley to announce my presence. She couldn't wait to see the faces of those eating the couscous. You should have seen her face when I told her to eat that bowlful! And the sweet look she had while eating it. Made me all the happier since I had only cooked it slightly. What a better way to make the vegetarians gross out then uncooked meat in their dinner plates!

We step out and Harley bounces to the middle of the floor. "LAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIEEEESSS AND GENTLEMEN! I PRESENT TO YOU YOUR WONDERFUL AND MOST GRACIOUS CHEF! CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF JJJJJJJOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEERRRRRR!"

All those pale faces for moi! I walk into the middle of the room flanked from behind by two neatly suited thugs with automatic rifles. "Friends, family, lower animal beings! I have whipped up a special most delightful meal for you! Being a very kind and loving animal rights activist myself I bring to you my dear pet Bat the cuscus!" The golden pedestal has been rolled out next to me covered in a shimmering green cloth. With a quick yank I unveil "Bat." Gasps fill the air as they see how the creature is staring out into the world as if it was still alive, I'll have to give that taxidermist some nice vanilla pudding to cover his gravesite!

"You animal!" Someone shouts.

"Ah my dear, I haven't even begun to show my animalistic side!" Another man dressed up as a waiter comes to my side with a cart full of plates. I snag a plate and sit right next to Ms. Grelmer. With a serving spoon I scoop up a nice wad of cuscus couscous. "Say ahh!" From behind men restrain her arms and yank open her mouth. Unceremonially I dump the food in and watch gleefully as my men make her chew and swallow it. "Now wasn't that good? Nice gooey cuscus wasn't it? Yum yum!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA!"

Harley is having fun going through the crowd and shoving cuscus couscous into their faces before grabbing all of their jewelry and money. For people who are really into animal rights they sure do have a lot of money for themselves! And now they may have to be pumped for food poisoning! In fact there were quite the seasonings in the kitchen. After Harley said that it was nasty I added some lovely clear liquid. I think the bottle said something about rat poisoning, but the greatest flavors are the bizarre ones!

A great grill is rolled out for the next dish. "Who wants cuscus burgers?" I take out a large stainless steel cake spatula with a serrated knife on the edge. Bought it brand new just the other day from an infomercial. See? Infomercials are good once in a while! As I start frying the cuscus up I say, "Well I'm sure you're all parched from all the food so how about a little wine?" Someone hands me a couple bottles of wine and I dash them over the grill. The flames rise high and spark over to tables around me. "Now now folks! Don't get too hot for the food!"

The cuscus goes flying as I toss them at a few lean people in the crowd. "EAT UP! You look like you could use some meat!" I yell. Then I prance over to Ms. Grelmer again. "I have another appetizing dish for you Ms. Grelmer! Try this cuscus rib! It's been slow cooking since," I look at my non-existing watch, "just a minute ago!" I hold up the raw rib. "But since you're so against cooking these oh so poor creatures we'll just give it to you as is!" With the spatula knife, which I had just sharpened, I scrap off the meat from the rib and force it down her throat. "And since you're such a fan of eating green, have some green ketchup to down it all!" Economy size is so wonderful! Such a big bottle to go down her throat. Her eyes bulge as she is forced to swallow the thick mass in the 128oz bottle.

"You all have been such a wonderful crowd! So lovely in fact that I'm going to give you my final dish. For desert, chocolate cuscus and cement cake!" If they were pale before, now they're all vampires and clothes right after a good bleaching! I'm so glad the pay off from this will be big! So many men were needed for this expedition. I cackle as I stuff the final dish down Ms. Grelmer's throat. What a beautiful evening to be me!

OOC- The link in the text was for the people who have forgotten or don't even know what a cuscus looks like.[/color]

18. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

OOC: rD, excellent job! Hope this does it justice!

Harley
    10:02 am

I breathe a sigh of relief as the Batmobile passes me by. Maybe today is lookin’ up, after all. I take a quick glance at myself in the rearview mirror and cringe at the sight. Ugh, fighting Bats really can do a number on a girl’s makeup. I rummage around in my bag and pull out my lipstick and work on reapplying it when the car shudders to a stop.

I slam my foot on the gas and listen to the engine grind, but the car just sits there. So much for my day lookin’ up. A quick glance at the gas gage confirms it—empty. You would think that the lady who owned the car would have thought that through a bit more. I mean, where’d she expect to go on E?

“I guess we’re walkin’, babies.” I say, shoving the car door open and getting out. The hyenas bounce around inside, fighting to be the first out and finally end up toppling out together. Sometimes they are just so cute. Kinda like my puddin’.

Puddin’! I gotta find him. I’m sure he’s worried sick about me. We’ve been separated for so long and all.

1:53 pm

“PPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIINNNNNN!” I shout at the top of my lungs, walking along one of the more “seedy” Gotham streets. My feet are starting to ache from all this walkin’—I wish Mistah Jay would turn up, so I could sit down. Even my babies are starting to get tired. It’s so hot; too, it’s funny how things have changed so drastically in such a short time.

I continue walking along, holding my thumb out for anyone who wants to give me a ride. No one’s stopped, but I’m sure if my puddin’ saw me, he would. “PPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIINNNNNN!” I sing out again and like magic a car pulls up in front of me. The window rolls down and I literally squeal with delight at the sight of him. “Ooo! I knew you’d find me, Mistah Jay!”

He flings open the door and the hyenas and I hop right in. Yup, my day is definitely looking up! I bounce into my puddin’s lap and grace him with a big honking kiss! We really have to stop gettin’ separated like this—it really makes things so unbearable.

3:45 pm

Eat it!” Mistah Jay shouts, holding a spoon inches from my mouth. I try to back away, but he shoves the spoon in my mouth anyway.

Blech, this stuff is terrible! No wonder no one makes it! Mistah Jay stares intently at me, waiting for my reaction. With a loud “gulp” I swallow the gross mush of cuscus couscous and eek out a tiny smile.

“So, how is it, Harl?”

I try not to gag and instead reply, “Honestly? Nasty.” I make a rotten face and stick out my tongue. “I’d rather eat fish!”

“Perfect,” he replies and marches back into the kitchen, leaving me with a smelly bowl of cuscus. Holding my nose, I pick up the bowl and toss it—and its wretched contents—in the trash.

6:00 pm

On Mistah Jay’s cue, I bound into the middle of the room, shouting, "LAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIEEEESSS AND GENTLEMEN! I PRESENT TO YOU YOUR WONDERFUL AND MOST GRACIOUS CHEF! CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF JJJJJJJOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEERRRRRR!"

Mistah Jay makes his speech and presents his cuscus couscous to the “honored” guests seated at the banquet. While they’re fed their meals by Moe and Curly, I walk around with a big bowl of the mush and shove it into each person’s mouth; while, helping myself to their jewelry, money, and just about everything else they have. I guess when you don’t eat meat, you can afford to splurge on the good stuff ‘cause my bag fills up pretty quick!

Before I know it, though the dinner is done and the last of the chocolate cuscus and cement cake is shoved down the last person’s throat. A small tear runs down my cheek. I always hate it when our fun is over . . . but now we can think up a new plan, right?

#398 Bleu Unicorn, Jul 11, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2002
  19. catz

catz Member

~Catwoman

OOC: Hope this does get in the way of your plans rD... :)

2:00pm
    After getting tired of chasing after the rat that never does appear when you want him to, I return back to my comfy little home. Selina is allowed to make an appearance every once in awhile.

Poking through the fridge, I grab a ham sandwich and devour the whole thing. I hadn't eaten for a couple of hours. When the Joker's pudding sounds appealing to you, that is when you know you're starving. I grab another sandwich and check my messages.

Beep! "Hey Sel, you coming to the banquet. You know Mrs. Richardson would love to see you there. Bye"

"Only for my bank account", I mutter staring towards my dressing room.

5:50pm

I rush into the restroom that dwells in the little corner of the main dining room, thinking that I'm hallucinating. I splash some water onto my face, shaking my head in frustration when I hear, ""LAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIEEEESSS AND GENTLEMEN! I PRESENT TO YOU YOUR WONDERFUL AND MOST GRACIOUS CHEF!CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF JJJJJJJOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEERRRRRR!".

"Oh no" I groan. That sick monster had to ruin food for me too. And if that isn't bad enough, I'm in a dress!

I make a quick glance outside to see if I could make it out but Curly, the big dumb thug that he is, spots me and makes his way towards the restroom.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know the entertainment had started", I say with innocent eyes.

"You better get back in Miss. The Joker doesn't like when his audience leaves." He replies, grabbing my arm. I take out my whip and begin to lash out at him.

"Where'd you get that thing", he mumbles.

"Lesson #1 Curly. Never leave any thing of importance at home."
    I wrap the whip around his arms and neck, hopping the thing holds.

Back in the main hall, I hear Joker shoving his cuscus couscous down people's throats as Harley begins to ransack the rest of the guest. I couldn't possibly stop Joker, at least not alone, and not in THIS dress!

"Hmm....what shall we do Curly" I say looking towards a vent just above one of the stalls. "Should we rob your boss!"

6:10 pm

I grin as I begin to pull up Harley's bag of goods away from her while she turns to yell at Curly.

"What do you mean you can't serve the guest couscous, whatcha been doin all this time?"

I don't wait for Curly to respond as I bring the bag up to the vent and try to make my way towards the exit. Who said banquets weren't any fun.

#399 catz, Jul 13, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2002
  20. AndreaBeaumont

Instead of Red and White Colored Hats...
    Find Mayhem, Phantasm's, Clowns, and Bats.

6:04 p.m.

I land on the gravel surface of the roof with a scuffling noise. I almost loose my balance for a second but regain it with a swing of an arm. I steady myself and rise up from my crouched position and make my way over to the edge of the building. I stand up completely and gaze at the Gotham city skyline. Wow...

I watch the buildings extend to the horizon and my mouth drops. This is gonna be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I look to my right and left....make that one bloody hell of a haystack and a very small needle.

I somersault off the roof and down to another one across an alley.

Where would mum be?
    Well obvious answer is...stalking the Joker.
    Where would the Joker be?
    Well obvious answer is...terrorizing the people of Gotham.
    Where would...

I spin around as I hear police sirens roar to life somewhere in the distance. I glance up and see a beam of light....

The batsignal.

Well where there's smoke...there's fire...in any other town.

Well here...where there's police sirens, batsignals, and civilian screams...there's the Joker.

...and...

Mum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.