1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman RPG Part 2

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by The Guitar Slayer, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

Hello, people. The new storyline will begin here. There a just a few loose threads to tie up and continue on. Have fun. Here's a rundown of the characters:

Heroes:

The Guitar Slayer: Batman/Bruce Wayne
    Bird Boy: Robin/Dick Grayson, Commissioner Gordon (temporarily retired)
    Barb Gordon: Batgirl/Barbara Gordon
    BleuUnicorn: Alfred
    watsonlives: The Grey Ghost/HARDAC
    AndreaBeaumont: Angela Beaumont

Villains:

redDragon: Joker
    SLIPKNOT: Scarecrow
    BleuUnicorn: Harley Quinn
    Bird Boy: Two Face

2. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: Lookie here..the first IC post of the R-P-G.. :D

IC (Robin/Dick Grayson):

Tuesday, June 21st
    2:30am

It's been almost a day since we were all at Andrea's funeral..it seemed surreal. Seeing Angela and Bruce just stare at the coffin was, to say the least, a bit heartbreaking. But now, here we are, Bruce and I, swinging across rooftops like nothing happened.

We land on the top of the Jolly Jack candy factory--just oppened 2 weeks ago, and now there's talk of some drug dealing going on in it. Bruce and I hover over the window, staring down into the light-filled room below. Several packages of "flour" sit on the table, and several guys in business suits walk up to the stash. Before I know what's happening, Batman's going through the window and lands on the table. snapping it in two and delivering several punches.

I land down next to him and take out a guy trying to sneak up behind us. I swirl my leg around and put him on the floor in a heap. Police sirens already fill the air--they must've been covering this place as well.

Within 5 minutes, everyones taken down..all either bleeding or knocked out cold. A bullet rings out from above, and we both look up to see a guy on a catwalk, holding a briefcase--probably the payoff.

We both shoot our grapples up onto the catwalk, and begin to go up.

We hit the ceiling within 20 seconds and Batman's all over the guy. The gun falls down with several clanks, and Batman's fist hits the man once in the gut, and then once in the jaw. He's knocked out cold after the uppercut to the jaw, but Batman begins to raise his fist again.

He stops midway and then lets go of the guy. The man thuds against the metal and Batman wraps some of the rope around his legs. He ties the rope around one of the rails of the catwalk and then lets the man go down, before the rope finally ends. The man wakes up with a jolt and begins to squirm. Police enter the building and his squirming stops.

"That's our exit cue" I say, looking around for Batman, but he's already left. I shake my head and shoot another grapple through the roof, and give it a tug.

~~~~~~~~~~

We land on a roof a few blocks away from the candy factory. Batman said he heard screaming down this way, and I'm inclined to believe him--this isn't the best part of town..then again, most of Gotham isn't all that great. The lady screaming is the usual--just a mugger trying to get some money.

I land down and smack the gun out of the guys hand and then drop kick him. He lands on the ground, and I turn to look at the lady who's shaking with fright.

"It's all right, he's down" I say. Her eyes go wide--wider than they were before-- and she continues to scream at the top of her lungs. She pushes me out of the way and runs down the street, as fast as she can in high-heels.

I climb up the ladder to the roof and stand next to Batman. He's not even moving--just standing there. One of these days he's going to break down, and I hope I'm not there to see it. I open my mouth, hoping to talk with Bat-no, Bruce- a bit about the funeral.

"You know" I start, but before I can finish the Bat-signal hits the clouds. "Great" I mutter. Batman's already on his way towards the signal, and I follow suit.

END.

OOC: nothing much, just somthing to start..

-BB

3. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

IC: Batgirl

7:30AM

I thumb through the newspaper, not really reading the articles, just skimming, as I eat breakfast. I sigh. Not much to do today besides some filing and data input over at the GCPD, that'll leave me just about the entire afternoon to do anything. I wonder if Dick's busy...I realize I'm on the obituary page, and my eye easily finds the name it was looking for.
    ~Andrea Beaumont~
    That's who the Phantasm was, that's all I know though.
    I fold up the newspaper without reading whatever it said beneath the name, tossing the paper into the trash. I wonder who attended the woman's funeral, besides the daughter that is, can't recall even getting her name...I still feel so bad for her. I drum my fingers against the table top, glancing over at the phone. Dick's bound to be up now...

4. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

“Terror Spreads Chapter 1”
    8:00 AM

After another restless night in Gotham City’s nine-to-fivers are getting ready for another day of the rat race. While they rush around trying to get ahead in this world the other half of Gotham sleeps after another night of conflict. While each part of the machine runs we visit the other side…

The Terror House
    8:24 AM

There’s no rest for the wicked…

I greet my employees of fear.

“We had a glorious night. Phase one of our plan is ready to be set into action. Like a plague of madness it will spread thru Gotham City till everyone is infected by our virus.”

I pause and extend my hand out to my henchmen.

“Where’s the profit in that?” I ask them. I look towards one of my henchmen who is my computer expert. “Did you obtain the files I asked for?”

He responds, “Yeah boss. I got records. I got bank accounts. I’ve got all online credit card transactions you asked for. I’ve been tracking Gotham’s spoiled rich for three weeks.”

“Excellent” I respond while clinching my fist.

“The problem with today’s madman is that he doesn’t think for the future. My fear gas isn’t cheap and it takes money to produce it. I have my three pets in the basement to amuse me.”

My henchmen smile. I look towards them with a sinister smile. “Phase one: The Infection is ready to be implemented. You know what must be done. Now prepare yourself for the first wave. I will exploit the fears of Gotham’s elite swine and use it to turn their fortune five hundred companies into fronts for my criminal operations. We will all be set. Then we will be able to ensure that every bully will pay for their actions.”

I watch as my henchmen prepare to deliver flowers, cards, and various other novelties to a select group of Gotham’s elite.

“The only thing Gotham has to fear is Scarecrow himself hahahaha!”

8:45 AM
    The wheels of motion have begun to turn

I watch my henchmen embark on their journey that will trap businessmen in a web of their own fear. Caught by their worse phobias and reduced to little children sucking on their thumb afraid to make a move.

5. The Guitar Slayer

3:00 AM

I have done a relatively good job for tonight. Prevented a drug deal from going down, caught not only the buyer but the seller as well...I stand emotionless by the side of the catwalk. No rush of adreneline, no satisfaction whatsoever. What good did I do? There's still thousands of pounds, possibly millions, of illicit drugs in Gotham. I just caught 5, 10 pounds of it by chance. This effort seems very pointless and bleak indeed.

I hear the police and silently exit out of the building. I hear Robin say something, but I'm already not there. I land on the roof and walk to the edge. I stop there and look down the side of the candy factory. How easy it is to step wrong here.

I hear a scream. A nice loud one, too. She's not injured...yet. I turn to Robin, who's trying to catch up to me. "Did you hear that?"

"No..."

"I did. Three blocks east. Let's move."

As we near woman, I see the mugger poking at her with his handgun. Robin immediately swings down into action. I stay frozen.

I know that woman.

I've seen her before. And she's seen me before, as she continues to shriek even after Robin has taken care of the mugger. She throws a glance up at me, then takes off. If I could only place the face...my senses tingle a bit as I feel something much more menacing.

Robin comes up to me, a bit miffed by the woman's reaction. He starts to say something, but the Batsignal hits the clouds. I fire off a grapple and head toward it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    4:47 AM

I pull up to the Cave and get out of the car. I had met Gordon concerning the Scarecrow's escape. Thus far, he was quiet, as usual. The Scarecrow was a patient man. He could sit on an idea for weeks without any action.

Oddly enough, something else disturbs me more than his disappearance. I still can't remember who that woman was. I'll have to run a search on the computer. The curiosity is killing me.

Alfred takes my belt. I talk to him as I tug off my cowl. "Is Angela ready yet?"

"Yes, Master Bruce. She is leaving tomorrow on a British Airlines flight. My cousin's niece will pick her up, and she'll stay with them for the time being."

"Did you tell them that..." Just then, Robin pulls up. Alfred understands what I was going to say, and nods.

I go over the crane, key in some information about the woman, and allow it to search itself. For now, I'm turning in. I'll see the results in the morning.

6. AndreaBeaumont

AndreaBeaumont The Genuine Article

"Laying Old Matters To Rest"
    2:57 a.m.

I pace the halls of Wayne Manor in my light blue nightgown with white embroidered flowers. I run my finger tips down the wood molding of the ornate walls of house. I come to the top of the stair case and look down at the material I'm wearing. I rub it between my thumb and index finger. Mum gave it to me on Christmas of last year.

I snifle slightly and grab the handle of the bag I'm holding tighter as I descend lightly down the staircase. I walk into the kitchen and sit in the middle of the cold marble floor. I pull a trash can towards me and open the bag carefully. I pull out the contents one by one. Looking each article of clothing or knicknack over carefully then placing it in the empty garbage can methodically. I pull out a soft nightgown of... hers..Andrea's...my mum's. I run my hand over it memorizing it's feel. Something wet falls and comes to rest on it leaving a small darkened spot on the material. I realize I'm crying as more tears slide down my face and find their way onto the night gown. I bring it to my face and breathe in it's smell...her smell. I smooth my cheek with it and cry softly into it. Oh god...I miss her so much. Just knowing I can't run up to her and feel her warm embrace when something goes wrong. She'll never see me grow up, never see me graduate from high school, never see me marry, never see her grandchildren.

"Oh mum..." I cry gently, "Why'd you have to go? What do I do now? I miss you so much! Who'll be there for me now?"

I can't believe she's not here holding my hand and telling me everything's going to be alright. It seemed so wrong to put her body in that box and into the cold dirt 6 feet below the surface.

"Dammit Mum! What do I do now?!"

I sob into her nightshirt and abruptly pull it away and toss it in the garbage. I quickly empty the rest of contents piece by piece into the can. I finally pull out reminants of her costume and stuff it down into the can. I then pull out my suit and pause for a moment looking it over. I go to put it in the trash but something stops me. I consider it for a moment and place it back in the bag. I reach in and pull out a small jewlry box. I open it and a lullaby she used to sing to me plays softly. I reach in and pull out a silver chain with a pendant on it. It has the infinity symbol on it is studded with small diamonds and has a slightly larger saphire in the center. Both hers and my birthstone. I place it around my neck and pull out a silver ring with a saphire set in the center. Silver swirls crawl up the side of the ruby to hold it in place. I slip it on my ring finger. It looks aged and antiqued as does the necklace. I close it back and place it back in the bag as well. I pick back up the bag and close the trash can's lid and place it back from which it came. I make my way back upstairs and set the bag down in the room. I take one look at the bed and realize sleep won't be coming for my tonight and pace down the halls again letting misery and depression envelope my body and soul. I leave tomorrow...to start a new life...leave this all behind...but where do I begin?

7. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

IC (Robin/Dick Grayson):

The distant ringing of the telephone opens one of my eyes. Geesh..since when did the sun come up so early. The phone rings a couple more times before I hear Alfreds voice, althought a bit faded, pick up with his usual cheery "Wayne Residence".

I push myself up out of bed and open up the door to see if I can tell who's on the other end.
    "Hello Ms. Gordon! No, I'm sorry. Master Grayson isn't up yet..he was up late last night...." Alfred stops and then starts again ", partying" Alfred continues the conversation as I fumble down the steps, hopefully reaching the kitchen before he hangs up.

I slide over the floor slightly, catching Alfreds attention.
    "Ah..he seems to be up now Ms. Gordon. Here he is"

"Thanks Al" I say, taking the phone. "Hey Babs, whats up? Yeah...uh huh..yeah I heard about that. Sure, you can come over. Great! Sounds good. Talk to you later!"

I hang up the phone, and grab a piece of toast on my way out.
    "I'll be gone for awhile Al, going to a early movie with Barb--probably'll catch some lunch after that. Later!"I say, running up the steps.

I go into my room and open up the closet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tap the desk with my fingers, waiting for the doorbell to ring. I begin to bounce my leg up and down, waiting for that blasted doorbell. I get up and head towards the window and pull the curtain back. Barbara's walking up the steps, and getting ready to knock on the door. I jump over the couch and stand in front of the door. She knocks once or twice and I stand there waiting...for what, I don't know..

She rings the doorbell and I finally open the door.

"Hey! Ready?" I say
    "Yeah." she replies "Say, why were you standing behind the door for so long? I heard you" she says, raising her eyebrow.
    "uh...I didn't want to seem to..uh...boy you look nice!" I say, trying to end the awkward situation. She laughs and shakes her head, while flashing one of her smiles..ah..her smile. I begin to smile back at her, and we're there for another 3 minutes, staring at each other.

"We're gonna miss the show time" I say, breaking our eye contact.
    "Oh! Yeah..right." She begins walking down the steps towards her car.

END.

OOC: dunno what I posted that for...more character developement! I tell ya..I love that good ol' developement.. :p

-BB

8. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

9:00AM

IC: Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

I blush as Dick and I break eye contact and make our way to my car.
    "So what are we seeing?"
    Like I really care what movie we're seeing!
    "Uh, I honestly can't recall the name. But it's got action."
    I reply with a grin. We get into my car and head off for the movies. We chat idly on our way to the theater, and I doubt either of us could recall later just what it was we talked about during that ride. I paid for my own ticket before he had a chance to.
    "Babs!"
    He cried out, his face falling.
    "I wanted to buy your ticket."
    he finished, frowning. His fallen face makes me giggle.
    "I'm sorry...."
    I begin, but he shakes it off with a smile.
    "No problem, I'll just buy the popcorn."
    "Works for me!"
    Loaded with popcorn, cokes and candy we shuffle into the theater and sit down in the back row. Someone, boy do I wish I could thank them, had left the arm rest up that was between our seats...neither of us set it down. The movie started.

OOC: forgive the short, random like post...my brain is fried for the night.

9. The Guitar Slayer

Bruce Wayne/Batman

IC
    5:52 AM

I lie awake in my bed and stare at the white ceiling. Today, at 10:30 AM, Angela leaves. "What a wonderful way to deal with a daughter...send her as far away as you possibly can.

It's for her own good. I don't want her to worry...

"YOU don't want to worry."

My argument is interrupted by the creak of floorboards. I had told Angela to go to bed and try to sleep when I first came up, but obviously that advice hadn't worked for either of us. A brief shadow travels across the light under the door. A minute and a half later, it disappears starting from the opposite direction. She's pacing.

I roll out of bed and shrug on my robe. I wait until the shadow has passed again before opening the door quietly. I turn to watch her make her way down the hall. Reaching its end, she whirls on her heel and starts her journey back. She sees me and jumps a little. "I-I-I didn't mean to wake you." Angela meekly walks over to me.

"I wasn't sleeping. It's okay." I place a hand on her shoulder

Angela takes on an aged look like the one her mother developed after years as the Phantasm. I see my mother's jaw set and her brow crease. "Dad...Bruce....it's never going to be 'okay' again."

I cannot answer that. Who can? I wrap my arm around her shoulders and begin to walk the halls with her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    8:30 AM

The ride to the airport is quiet. Alfred decided to stay at home, so I took one of my more common cars out to drive Angela to the airport. We both wear dark sunglasses so as to not be recognized by anyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    10:15 AM

The plane is boarding. Angela stands there, jacket over one arm, suitcase in the other hand, waiting for me to say something. I scan her face for one last time...I don't have any pictures of her. I hear a sniffle, and I find that it's me. Angela puts her bag down and squeezes me as tight as she can. "Take care of yourself," she says.

"Isn't that my line?"

"I said it first."

I smile a little. "Call me if you need anything...especially if you want to talk. I can be there in a few hours..."

The loudspeaker drones for boarding again. Angela sighs and mumbles something. Clearer: "Goodbye."

I echo, "Goodbye."

I watch the rest of the scene play out in slow motion. Angela picking up her case. Turning away. Giving her ticket to the woman at the boarding gate. Looking back at me. Waving. Myself numbly waving back.

And then she's gone.

10. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

“Lock-Stock-And-Barrel”
    8:50 AM

My henchmen have left to spread fear into Gotham City’s elite as the wheels of motion turn.

I sit in my chair made of old rotten wooden with skulls acting as the armrest.

“I can’t wait to see what the suits of Gotham’s leading corporations will come up with next. What break though in technology will Wayne come up with next? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Once Decidophobia sets in things around this waste hole will finally get interesting. As those rich bullies find themselves afraid to make a move I’ll be there to reap the rewards.”

My evil and sexy henchwoman asks, “If they are all afraid to make any big moves then how will you make money on the stocks?”

The ignorant question angers me.

“Don’t you think I’ve thought of that?”

I stand up so that I face the eye candy. I put my leg hand on her chin and grip it tightly.

“This batch of fear toxin will last one-hundred and sixty-eight hours. This time next week the bullies will become their old selves. They will be ready to push around the little guy with their juggernaut corporations but instead of greasing their pockets I will be the one who will become filthy rich.”

I raise my right hand, which is holding a skull, and push it towards her face. It emits a green gas causing her to choke.

“Welcome to the world of Spheksophobia HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!”

The girl begins swinging at the air and then she begins scratching at her skin as tries to fight off the flying invaders. She digs and digs at her skin ripping it off of her face and arms. I watch as she rolls around on the ground struggling against the wasps that her mind has created. I watch as her blood flows across the wooden floor. As her blood soaks into the cracks and as she finally stops moving I kick her to the side.

“No longer will big business push around the little guy. The tide of fear has turned thanks to the only true master of fear, THE SINISTER SCARECROW!”

9:00 AM Wayne Enterprises

At the office of Luscious Fox a man wearing a red suit with gold tassels brings a certified letter that only Mr. Fox can sign for. Fox steps out into the hall and greets the man. They shake hands and the delivery boy gives him the letter. He says, “Thanks” and returns to his office. He retrieves his letter opener from the top drawer of his desk. He opens the top of the envelope and slides the letter out. He opens it and begins to read…

“You all stare, but you'll never see
    There is something inside me
    There is something in you I despise

It itches, it seethes, it festers and it breathes

I know you're all tired of the same old bosses
    Let me tell you how it's going be
    I'm going kill anyone who steps up in front of me

Your afraid you’ll get what you want

What is it?”

The letter appalls Fox. It finds it totally useless and wads it up and tosses it right into the trash.

9:05 AM Stone Electronics

Stone Electronics is Gotham City’s leading supplier for business computers and personal pc’s. William Fence started out as a nerdy geek with too much free time on his hands in college to a multi-billionaire. On just another day sitting in his dorm room he came up with a program that changed the way computers process information. It made it simple so that the Average Joe could do it. Now his company Stone Electronics has cornered the market on all kinds of computer software from business programs to video games.

William Fence is sitting in his office when his secretary buzzes him and informs him of an important letter that has arrived for him. Expecting to read about his billions of dollars he takes the letter from his secretary and dismisses her rudely. He rips the letter open with an arrogant smile and reads….

What is it?”

He crumbles up the paper and laughs while throwing it out the window. He walks over to the window and screams out, “YOU’LL NEVER TOUCH ME MAC!! I’M KING OF THE WORLD!!!”

9:30 AM LevyKeibler

LevyKeibler designs plastics that are used throughout our everyday life. They have found ways to make plastic support just about anything. They have big contracts with the government and NASA.

A deliveryman arrives and is greeted by the receptionist. He gives her the two letters. One for Scott Levy the CEO and Vice President of operations Stacy Keble. Simultaneous in their offices Stacy and Scott open their letters wondering who wants them to develop plastics now. Dollar signs appear in their eyes but are soon washed away with…

What is it?”

The two shake their heads in disgust and throw the letters into file 13. (The trash)

All the major board members of these three companies are hit with the same letter. Each of them found the letter disturbing.

11:30 AM Wayne Mansion

A deliveryman visits the home of rich Playboy Bruce Wayne. Just returning from the airport Bruce is met at the gate by the deliveryman. He gives him the letter and Bruce opens it immediately.

He reads it…

What is it?”

11. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Read a comic book sometime

And now I have returned to further refute your statement. I am too morbid? What do you expect from someone playing a character that dresses like a scarecrow and murders people with a cycle? The Scarecrow character, which you don’t seem to know too much about, is the personification of fear. He uses the moniker “The Master of Fear, the Sinister Scarecrow” not “The master of loll-pops and candy canes.”

“I've confered with MOST of the other RPG'ers and they pretty much feel the same way I do”

Could you expand more on this? Who are these people you conferred with? I have got no notification saying I’m doing anything wrong.

Furthermore I’d appreciate if you have a problem with me if you would contact me via private messages instead of cluttering up this RPG thread with this nonsense.

I am killing the RPG? Why because I am active and involve people and force them to respond instead of sitting on their can and watching the tumbleweed blow by?

Could you please expand more on how ridiculous my posts are?

Like my opening statement, “Read a comic book sometime.” The characters motivations are revenge and creating wide spread fear. You could read anything featuring the Scarecrow. Might I suggest his teaming up with the Joker from Knightfall. How about his appearances during No Man’s Land? Maybe you would like to see the Scarecrow trap people in a house and bring their worse fears to life? Then you could read the Gotham Knight’s team up with Hugo Strange. If you would like issue numbers don’t hesitate to ask me.

I don’t appreciate your calling my stories ridiculous. I find that insulting. I don’t make posts on an open forum with my opinions on how silly your story is.

“1. Have you ever WATCHED a batman cartoon? Because if you had you would realize you're taking Scarecrow's persona and totally corrupting and twisting it around into something almost too...morbid.”

I could ask you this same question. Since when does Bruce have sex? I also find this question insulting. I’m almost wondering why you are able to get away with this post the more and more I read of it. Your words are highly flammable if you get my drift.

What’s satanic about my character? The skull weapon he uses to gas his victims? If I had a scanner I would scan you a page where he used a weapon just like this. In fact everything I do has somewhat been established in the past with this character. I borrow this and that such as the skull weapon.

As far as I am concerned your post means that I am doing my job. I’ve created a world of fear and unrest.

#11 BLACKHEART, Aug 24, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2002
  12. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

[color=00FFFF]The subject of what's what with characters issues, especially of this magnitude is something that should be discussed privately. Then, if need be, actions would happen from there (the need for an RPG team 'meeting' of sorts to be scheduled, etc), but regardless let's keep the story going. [/color]

13. The Guitar Slayer

Okay, boys and girls, the show is over.

This is the type of thing that should have been handed in a private message. This is also why we say in the rules that respect for all members should be present. AndreaBeaumont has been severely warned. She may have had a point regarding what Slipknot based his character on (comics vs. cartoon), but her presentation completely nullified it. She also did not consult with 'most' of us.

Like I said, this situation is over. We can proceed as normal. However, I think the mods will agree with me that this will be left up as a reminder that this kind of thing should not happen and will not be tolerated.

14. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

OOC: Wow, my first time here. Eeeeep. Just so everyone knows, Bird Boy has been gracious enough to let me try my namesake on for size; hopefully I don't suck. :)

IC: Two-Face

June 21
    (1:52 am)

It's been about a week since I got here. A week. A week since my last taste of freedom. A week since I last saw Grace.

Grace...

"GiVe It Up, It'S nEvEr GoNnA hApPeN."

Bah. Why do I even listen to you? Oh, right. I have no choice. You'd think that after all my previous incarcerations I'd be used to this place. A week in Arkham is NOTHING comapared to what I've endured here before. But no, with Grace out there, all alone, hospitalized and all, I can't help but worry. That makes time go by even slower when you're alone.

"yEaH, hArVeY, yOu BiG wUsS. qUiT yEr DaMn BeLlYaChInG aNd GeT yOuR bUtT oUtA hErE."

"Quiet."

The voices. The voices. There were only two, but that was enough to drive me mad. Both of me. But then again, in a place like this, sometimes your worst enemy was your best company.

"yOu ReAlLy ArE a LoSeR, yA kNoW tHaT, hArV? i SwEaR, wHy Do YoU tHiNk We'Re In HeRe? AgAiN?"

"I said, quiet. I'm thinking."

"yEr AlWaYs ThInKiNg! ThAt'S wHy We'Re StUcK iN tHiS dAmNeD pAdDeD cElL. yEr ThInKiNg AlWaYs LeAdS tO sEcOnD gUeSsInG, aNd ThAt AlWaYs LeAdS tO uS gEtTiN cAuGhT. dAmNiT hArV, bE iMpUlSiVe FoR oNcE!"

I jump up from my kneeling position to confront the other voice in the room; of course, I'm still the only body in here.

"hAhAhAhAhAhA! wHaT a DoRk."

"I need to get out of here."

"nO bUlL! fInAlLy SoMeThInG wE cAn AgReE uPoN!"

Arkham, infamous for having a revolving door system of turning out so-called "healed" people onto the streets as quickly as the cops and Batman and his farm team bring them in. I'd known that for years. Right back to when the Joker, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, and all of Gotham's first few freaks were admitted nearly a decade before. I'd seen it all, first hand, too. Heck, the District Attorney has to keep his eyes on this sort of thing.

Man, the Joker seemed to escape from this hell-hole on a weekly basis. How'd he do it?

"I dUnNo HoW hE dId It, EiThEr!"

Hey, I was thinking privately here.

"PsHt - I cAn HeAr EvErY sInGlE tHiNg YoU sAy. AnD tHiNk. QuItE fRaNkLy, It'S gIvInG mE a MiGrAiNe."

Grace...Grace. I need to see you. I can't live without you. I need to get out of here. Make sure you're alright. I can't stay locked up in here forever.

And that's when inspiration hits.

"aBoUt TiMe, HaRvEy!"

I run the length of the room and bang my unscarred fist against the unscarred half of the glass that seperates me from the main corridorr of the high-security wing.

"Hey! HEY!!!!!" I bang the glass repeatedly for about two minutes; the various inmates around me stir.

"SHADDUP IN 'DERE! I'm tryin' to sleep, here!" Scarface yells.

"Merciful heavens, what is all that racket?" Jervis whines with his pillow crushed over his ears.

"Good God, Harvey, shut up before you make a fool of yourself." Oh Pam, you always were the blunt type, weren't you?

I keep looking down the hallway, past all of the other cells, right to the very end - the one with the door about as thick as that of a bank vault. I can see a beady pair of eyes staring back; in fact, if memory serves correctly, they never have stopped staring. Ever.

"wHaT, yOu ThInK bOlToN iS gOnNa HeLp Us OuT?"

No, but it's worth a try.

Even though my cohorts are getting restless, my banging doesn't stop, though. Not until one of the orderlies approached my cell.

"What's going on here?" he demands.

"What time is it?" I ask.

He pulls back his sleeve to reveal that he isn't wearing a watch. "Sorry, I don't know, Dent."

"tHe MaN aSkEd YoU wHaT tImE iT iS!"

I hush myself. "Sorry, I---I just need to get out. Stretch my legs. I haven't left this cell in a week. A WEEK. Can you fathom what being cooped up in this cell for SEVEN DAYS is like? Come on, let me talk to Dr. Bartholomew. Please."

"NoW, dAmNiT!"

The orderly ponders the idea. "Sorry, you know I don't have the authorization. Besides, the Doc at home...it's the middle of the night, for Pete's sake. Wait 'til morning and I'll see what I can do."

His passivity doesn't surprise me, but it'll suffice for now. "Thanks." As the white coat whisks himself down the corridorr, I press the scarred half of my face against the glass and stare to the bank-vault cell again. I nod my head. The pair of eyes blink. Here's hoping, Harvey. Here's hoping.

"YeAh, HeRe'S hOpInG yOu ShUt ThE hElL uP fOr OnCe. OnE oF uS nEeDs To GeT sOmE sLeEp ArOuNd HeRe!"

-Tim

15. TimTwoFace

OOC: Oh, Joker and Harley are in Arkham, too? I figured that only the untaken villains were locked up, and Joker, Harley, and Scarecrow (played by some of the others here) were out and about causing terror. OK, thanks for the update, Bleu!

-Tim

16. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Somewhere in Gotham

June 21st
    (1:30 am)

Catwoman

The trendiest nightclub in Gotham, dark, noisy, not well light and women dressed as sluts while bouncing up and down to the music. Also known as the meat market of Gotham. Every one who is out looking for fun and is looking for a one night stand ends up there. Outside, the line is long. The bouncers, tall, rugged, handsome and beefed up select their "clientele" . If you have the look ... then you're in and a part of the so called " In-Crowd".

The music is blaring but soon all eyes soon drift to the door as a GORGEOUS YOUNG WOMAN enters. She's in her mid-twenties wearing black Gucci sunglasses, a stylish Valentino leather halter top dress and to top it all off, Armani leather knee high boots. She doesn't look like she belongs, but feels right at home. She sits at the bar, orders a drink. and scopes out the club. She catches a handsome man staring at her. She smiles at him, and signals for him to come over. He looks surprised, but shyly makes his way over. "Let's dance" She says. He looks surprised as he escorts her to the dance floor. "I don't bite." She tells him in his ear as she licks his earlobe. "I only scratch" She adds after a long pause. He just smiles and can't believe his luck.

While dancing so close to him. She wraps her right hand around his neck With the left hand, she wraps her arm around his waist. She pulls him closer to the point where their bodies are stuck on each other and moving to the beat. "Your place or mine?" She says grinning. He looks at her with lustful eyes as she kisses him on the lips, long and passionate. "Who ARE you?" He asks her. She grins. "Your fantasy coming true"

At the appartment. I smother him with kisses while he carries me to his bedroom. As he lays me down. I notice a piece of paper on the dresser with the info: Pier 17, June 24. I make a mental note of it and file it away to memory. As he come on top of me and start pulling on my shirt. I wrap my hands around his neck. With my claw-like nails, I scatch him gently on his back. I grin at him while he is continuing to undress me slowly. I count to 10 in my head and that is when he passes out cold. "It's about time" I thought to myself. The poison on the tip of my nails worked wonderfuly. "Sorry, honey, but a gal's gotta work." I immedietly start collecting in a bag his valuables and his collection of pricey cat statues. The mother load is hidden elswhere but soon will be mine. For now I am content with my find. Before I leave I fix my clothes and leave the building as I came in disappearing into the night.

OOC: Ok, the next post will be toned down and in the first person :) Was the only way I could think to bring her back in a cat like way :D Forgive! *humble bow*

17. The Guitar Slayer

Bruce/Batman

IC:

11:30 AM
    Wayne Manor

What is it?”

Crane has made his move. It's my turn next. I paste my patented "air-headed playboy" look on my face. "Wonder who this is from?" I turn to the delivery man, as if for help. He shrugs, but there is a gleam in his eye. There's something disquieting in that.

I tip him and then turn to enter the manor. I occupy myself temporarily by paying my respects to Alfred's flowers. Once I hear the truck drive away, I allow my face to return to its normal state. I examine the letter carefully, but not closely. No powder on the paper or in the envelope. Paper feels normal...I hold it up to the sunlight...Gotham Paper Company watermark, the usual.

As I lower the page, I note that the red ink has smeared onto my hand...

Of course. Intradermal penetration.

Terrific.

Just terrific.

I contemplate what the hell I should do with this. Analyze a part of it and develop a serum for it, of course. But what of the rest of it? As long as it has been untouched by humans, it's still potentially active. Burn it? No, I don't know what the reaction of heat and this chemical will have...it could spread through the smoke. Don't want to pollute the water, so giving it a burial at sea is out of the question....this reminds me of the time Dick killed the class pet...where to put the corpse....

I'll try irradiating it. If I can hook up the generator directly to the microwave again, it should work. I'll just need to buy another microwave....again.

I carefully open the door with my other hand and creep inside. I close the door silently behind me. Alfred hears me anyway. "Master Bruce, did Ms. Angela...?"

I cut him off, rudely....the ink has made it into my bloodstream. "She's fine, I'm sure. I need to go down to the C..."

"Hello, Bruce." A young female voice interrupts me. Barbara Gordon stands in the doorway behind Alfred. "Dick and I just got back from the movies."

As she goes on, I impatiently listen and watch myself turn into a panicky mess. The paranoia and fear begins to seep into my system. "I can't let any of them get infected! Especially Barbara....Jim would never forgive me if she....what about Dick and Alfred....if they get infected, I'm really in deep waters. Oh, God, I bet Lucius already got a similar letter, probably the same for the competition too.....I gotta check my stocks, make sure everything..." My rational mind speaks before it is smothered to death by the hysterics. Your stocks? Why would that come into play with your panic unless Crane planned it as so?

I get impatient as Barbara comments on the movie, recommending it to me. I can't bear it anymore... "Excuse me, I have to take care of something." Her face falls slightly then moves aside. She stares at me with a perplexed look on her face.

I brush past her, keeping the letter away from her behind my back. I hear a creak behind me, and I whirl around to see Dick making a grab for the letter with one hand, sandwich in the other. "Love letters, Bruce?" he teases.

"No. Business," I reply roughly. He is slightly taken aback as I steamroll past him without further explanation. I begin to get tunnel vision as I head to the backdoor to enter the cave from the outside.

Alfred, concerned, follows behind me. "Sir, what...?"

I whip my head back to look at him. "Business, none of yours." He starts up again. I'LL TELL YOU LATER!" I bark at him angrily. He steps back with a blank, unreadable look on his face.. I've never spoken to him in that tone before. I see Dick and Barbara in the background, staring at me. I slam the door shut behind me and make my way down the hillside to the cave entrance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:30 PM

After putting samples of ink into the computer for analyzation, I nuked the rest of it with the microwave. I threw the microwave in with the other hazardous waste I make when doing my experiments. I'll get rid of all of it through Wayne Tech. There. It's shouldn't cause any more problems.

I think I need to sell....

Why are you thinking about stocks again?

I have a feeling that this is going to be a bad quarter...I should really sell and put that 20% with the rest of it in bonds or something...

I've taken three showers. It's not working.

I think I've succesfully isolated myself for the day. Alfred is definitely not coming down.

18. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

11:37 AM

Barbara Gordon

I stare after Bruce as he takes off away from the three of us. That was odd, I wonder what's wrong. Something was definitely up, and had to involve that letter he was holding. Dick, not to mention Alfred, seemed really taken back from his tone. I loop my arm around one of Dick's, grabbing his attention with a smile.
    "I'm sure he's fine."
    I say falsely.
    "Thanks again for the movies."
    Dick finally pulls his attention away from where Bruce exited.
    "Uh sure. I had a great time, Babs."
    He finishes with one of his trademark grins. I blush.
    "So, should I be heading hom or.....do you have anything else in mind that we could do?"
    Alfred chooses that moment to silently disappear down a corridor. I love that man and his great sense of timing.

19. TimTwoFace

IC: Two-Face

June 21st
    NOON

Dr. Bartholemew never came. It's not a long weekend is it? No, of course not. Geez, you just can't trust some people.

"Alright Dent, get a move on. Lunch time."

The orderly lets me out of my cell, but only after another two have violated the sanctity of my lair and cuffed me at the wrists and the ankles. Without a word I am escorted down the hallway towards the lunch hall and rec room of Arkham Asylum. Even Big Bad Harv isn't jumping in with his running commentary today.

"DoN't BoThEr Me - I'm SlEePiN' hErE."

I walk by all the now vacant cells - everyone else must already be in there eating. The only one still in his cell is the Joker, and that's only because he's practically gone comatose after his last run-in with Batman. Oh well, he brought it upon himself, whatever he did - it won't dissuade me in the least from following through with my plan.

"yEaH - aNd WiThOuT hIm LaUgHiNg AlL nIgHt, We ArE fInAlLy GeTtInG sOmE pEaCe."

Hey, I thought you were asleep.

"AhHhHhH, sHaDdUp!"

As I reach the end of the hallway, I swing past Lyle Bolton's cell encased in titanium steel; I cast a glance through the peephole, and see nothing. Good. He must be in the rec hall as well. It's all going to plan.

OCC: I'll post the next part tomorrow when I have more time.

20. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

The Financial World of Gotham City

1:00 PM

I sit in my chair of the dead made with the bones of those bullies who have offended me in the past. The remote control rests in my right hand with my finger placed over the channel up button. I watch the news caster talk about the rumblings and speculation of the collapse of several local companies.

“With the recent stock market movement of several local companies such as Wayne Enterprise and LevyKeibler one has to wonder what’s going on in Gotham. Could the weakening of the global economy strike so hard here at home? Thousands of shares in these companies were sold today. Everywhere we looked someone was selling stock in local companies. Let’s go live to Nancy who is live at the Gotham Stock Exchange” says the reporter.

“Well Bill there are mumblings around here that suggest the problems lay in the heart of these companies and rests on the hands of the board of trustee’s. We tried to get a word with Luscious Fox but he declined to comment on the situation. We don’t know what’s happening here.”

The sound fades out as I pick up a phone and begin to dial.

“Mr. Walken I talked with you a few weeks ago about becoming a client of yours… Yes that’s right. The paper work is done? …Great. I want to buy as many shares as possible in the following companies… …Wayne Enterprises, LevyKeibler, and Stone Electronics. Money isn’t a question… Yes I am fully aware of the situation. Would you like me to take my business elsewhere? …Good then begin buying.”

I hang the phone up as the sound on the TV comes in loud and clear.

“There is a lot of families counting on things getting better before everything hits rock bottom.”

“HAHAHAHA” echoes throughout the room as I stand up and make another calling to another agent to buy more stock.

I use 10 different agents. With each comes a different name and a different story to help keep the authorities or even worse the Bat from catching on to my master plan.

More to come...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.