1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman: Knightfall" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Dec 25, 2001.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

33.3%
  3. ****

33.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I picked up the new collection and while it does collect a pile of comics that haven't been collected before, there is barely anything on 'The Search' in here. There are a couple tie-in issues from Catwoman and Robin but nothing that follows Bruce's story. I am a bit disappointed with this and the next volume not collecting up to the end of the Troika arc, which would be a better ending than just ending things with Prodigal. It's still a great collection and a really great bargain at $30. I do wish that there was a fourth volume as I'm sure they could have easily filled in another large trade with other Knightquest/Knightfall tie-ins.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The final over-sized Batman: Knightfall collection arrives!

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOLUME THREE

Written by VARIOUS
    Art by VARIOUS

The third and final volume of the epic 1990s tale that broke Batman’s back, collected in full for the first time. Collects BATMAN #509-514, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #29-34, DETECTIVE COMICS #676-681, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #62-63, ROBIN #8-13 and CATWOMAN #12-13.

Comments?

3. Geodude

Geodude Active Member

I've been reading through this whole arc for the first time thanks to these new trades, and it's been great. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't include more of whatever was there from Bruce's perspective, as I'm sure there must have been some stuff about him and Shondra Kinsolving getting him healed again. But overall I've been enjoying this iconic arc for the first time.

4. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

That's all in Knightquest: The Search. Worth picking up in single issues, because for some weird reason DC decided it wasn't worth putting in TPB, at least not all of it.

5. Geodude

Geodude Active Member

Thanks for the info. Just finished volume 3 and was confused about the very end...apparently Bruce comes out with a new costume, but the last page with him on the solid color background looks the same as what Dick had just been wearing.

6. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I'm reading through this arc the first time, too, thanks to the big phone-book sized Part One release that DC did a few years ago. I really think the plot's the great...there's just too much dialogue. Ignoring the battle art issues I have, this story (like A Death in the Family) just has too much narration and dialogue. Let the pictures tell the story a bit more, huh? I'm finding myself skipping boxes because it seems like they were torn from a novel (where that sort of thing could work).

But again, the plot is a lot of fun. It's always nice when writers cut loose and allow the villains to cut a bit more loose than usual. I just wish it didn't feel for contrived that this is only happening now and that nobody ever succeeds in just killing Bruce.

A 4/5 for the plot, but it loses a star for lack for forethought in terms of dialogue and art.

7. Tristan McClark

What else can be said about this arc? I really love how Bane is a tactician. He's not a mindless brute, which breaks that cliche. Also, I'll admit I liked Azrael's costume. The blue and gold are awesome colors to match together and the armored cape really made him look intimidating.

8. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

DC Comics is releasing the entire Knightfall saga in a new three-volume Omnibus collection!

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL

[​IMG]

Written by: Various
    Art by: Various

The Dark Knight’s deadliest enemies have escaped Arkham Asylum! The Joker, Two-Face, the Mad Hatter, the Riddler, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Firefly and Zsasz—one by one, Batman must face them in mortal combat. But lurking at the end of this seemingly endless gauntlet is the deadliest menace of all—a mysterious man-mountain known as Bane! Will Bane break the Bat, or will the Dark Knight be able to save Gotham City from the newest reign of terror to hit its streets?

For the first time ever, the entire Knightfall saga is collected in one massive hardcover volume. BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL OMNIBUS includes the best-selling story line from BATMAN #484-500, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #16-18, BATMAN: VENGEANCE OF BANE #1, DETECTIVE COMICS #654-666 and SHOWCASE ’93 #7-8.

Discuss this classic Batman crossover!