1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman DVD Countdown (Batman: TAS on DVD) Part 3

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Amazon is notorious for shipping DVDs on street date only, so I doubt you will get them early.

And, yes, Toon Zone does get a cut...a small percentage...from the amazon.com orders placed thru this site. So do all your amazon.com shopping here!

2. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

I get to post first! I get to post first! Neener, neener, neener!

Ok, just kidding....

Definitely am very psyched to see ROTJ, I actually have not seen it yet. So, I'm very hyped up about that one.

The other ones I'm definitely anticipating as well. April 23rd can't come fast enough!! :) :D

3. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

Yep we're now within 20 days (19 as of this post) and I can't wait for these to finally be released. I think the two I'm looking forward to the most would have to be ROTJ:Uncut and the Batman/Superman movie. It should be really nice to watch ROTJ without the "if you are watching this copy please call WB" (seeing as how I got a bootleg). I also can't wait to finally have Superman: TAS (if only a couple of episodes) on DVD! Justice League, B:TAS-The Legend Begins and Sub-Zero will be awesome of course but I think I'm looking forward to the first two more.

-Joe!

4. Divv

Divv Savage Bhoy

Personally I can't wait for Justice League since I haven't seen any of the series at all yet. I get the feeling that all the UK fans will feel the same.

5. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

I honestly won't be buying all the DVDs all at once!

:eek: :eek: :eek: (ducks and hides in corner) :eek: :eek: :eek:

The sad truth is, I don't have a job, so all I'll be able to afford is probably the Legend Begins DVD and ROTJ DVD. I already have JL on tape (Secret Origins, and Paradise Lost Part 1 - hopefully Part 2 this Saturday!), so the Leaguers will have to wait. World's Finest had, in my opinion, some really aweful animation, but since I don't already have it on tape, it'll be the next on my list. Sub-Zero I have on VHS-

Does anyone remember how long we had to wait for that one?

......................- so I may wait a few years before picking it up.

I know - I'm a bad fan. :( :( :(

6. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

I'm with jjwspider - ROTJ Uncut. I can't wait to see this movie on my TV (as opposed to the computer screen), with no Chinese subtitles. Just pure, unadulterated ROTJ. I'll probably get the BtAS disc shortly after, and then JL. Not sure how soon I'll get the two movies.

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It blows my mind how people can think that 'World's Finest' had bad animation. It was some of the best stuff that TMS has ever done. This is the same animation company responsible form 'The Demon Within', 'Never Fear', 'Over The Edge' to name a few. The animation in the episode was amazing. The nightclub scene in Part 1 was great. I love the fact that TMS animated all three parts, giving it a nice sense of consistency. The animation was also very nice during the Joker's rampage in Part 3, and Superman's robot fight in Part 3, too. TMS is doing some great stuff here. They also animated the best episode of Spider-Man: The Animated Series, 'Night of the Lizard'.

'World's Finest' has better animation that 'Sub-Zero' and Justice League's 'Secret Origins'. I can't wait to see this superbly animated three part episode on DVD...

Also, 29 days until Spider-Man...

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost The Return

Actually everytime I pre-order from Amazon I usually get the DVD on Monday or the release date (Tuesday). Then again, this is because I usually go with next or two day UPS since I usually have a GC or coupon. They seem to always ship mine on Fridays.

I can't wait for this shipment to come in. :)

9. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Comin' at ya!

Don't worry, I wont be buying all of them either. Fact of the matter is, I do have a job, yet still no paycheck yet. I only have enough money to get what I truley absolutley want: BTAS, World's Finest, and JL, even though I have all the current JL episodes on VCD. I also have ROTJ and Sub Zero on VCD, so I won't pick them up anytime soon. The first three are my favs.

10. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

I'm in the same boat, as I'll have to collect them over the next few months. Personally, I'm going to buy the unedited ROTJ to thank WB for finally releasing the darn thing, and the first BTAS DVD in order to encourage them to release more. That way, I hope to tell them (in my insignificant, one-vote sort of way) that fans appreciate these gestures, and in doing so hopefully convince them to do these kinds of things more often.

11. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Comin' at ya!

Remind me: What eps are gonna be on the BTAS DVD?

12. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

-- # 01 "On Leather Wings"
    -- # 02 "Christmas With The Joker"
    -- # 03 "Nothing to Fear"
    -- # 04 "The Last Laugh"
    -- # 05 "Pretty Poison"

List of whats on all of the DVDs can be found by clicking here.

-BB

13. DisneyBoy

To Spider-Man,

Yes, I do think the animation in World's Finest was gross. :p Really, it reminded me of Joe Staton's artwork, which probably explains why he did the comic-book adaptation! :p I could explain further, but I just spent an hour critiquing Tim Levins' artwork on the Gotham Adventures thread and I'm too tired to do any more!

Sub-Zero was amazing and much, much, MUCH more consistant and asthetically pleasing (to me) and in line with Timm's style than World's Finest. It looked like a cross between Staton and anime (too many scratchy lines) that disappointed me quite a bit - which is why I didn't buy it the first time around - and why I'll wait before picking it up. Demon within had the same problem - too many anime "Blow up" lines. Oh, and I really liked "Over the Edge", but just because the same company worked on it, doesn't mean they're the same. Different artists, technology, storyboarding (etc) all make a difference.

(Sigh) Seems I had to critique some more anyways! Look what you made me do! :p

14. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

I think that the cover art WB decided to use influenced the way people remember the episode. I thought that Worlds Finest provided some great art to the series as a whole and also offered an engaging story. I will have to disagree and say that Sub-Zero was better with the art but this could also be because of a larger budget (it was slotted for a theatre release before it went DTV).

Bruce Wayne - if you don't mind me asking, where did you get JL:TAS on VCD (PM me if you like).

Can't wait for Spidey - the excitement is growing.....

-Joe!

15. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Professional Speculator

I agree JJ Spider ...

Worlds Finest was the best animation theyve ever done.

Batman looked better than hed ever looked previous to this
    release .

Just compare the animation from Worlds Finest to Mask of the Phantasm.

Mask was a great story , but it suffered from really horrible animation.

Worlds Finest is infinitely better animated Mask .. even though Mask is probably the best Batman story ever to make it to the big screen.

{ I still remember how disapointed I was when I sat in an empty theatre watching that classic }

16. DisneyBoy

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mask of the Phantasm had really horrible animation?!?!?!?!?!?

:yawn: Thud (faints and lands on floor)

17. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

well, you did it for me Disney boy....exactly my thoughts.

MOTP had some of the best animation in any animated feature I've ever seen (then again, I'm a biased Bat-fan.. :D )

-BB

18. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Professional Speculator

Im a biased bat fan too ...

and I LOVE Mask of the Phantasm.

( notice love is spelled in all caps my friend ..
    thats serious !!)

However, most of the animation in that was spotty.

Dont let your love blind you to the flaws in that
    picture.

Even the producers of that film admitted most of their
    animation budget was blown on the final confrontation
    between Bats & Joker at the fair.

If you look at the Batman with a critical eye youll notice how
    poorly he was drawn in most of the filler scenes .

The scene where he busts into the mafia guys meeting and
    fights them in the boardroom is so poorly animated it
    was practically painfull.

Compare that to the scene in "worlds finest" where batman
    descends into the nightclub and pounds a mark for information till
    Superman shows up .... and clearly you will see that
    "Worlds Finest" was animated at a much higher level than the
    majority of ( the cash poor sequences ) of Mask.

19. DisneyBoy

OMG

I'm really stunned! I can't believe I'm hearing that someone thinks that most of the animation, especially in the boardroom fight scene, was worse than World's Finest!!! Please, my heart can't take much more of this!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

20. DisneyBoy

...P.S.

I'm not in love with the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.